Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"New Black Panther" Houston Leader Undergoes Police Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Black Panther" Houston Leader Undergoes Police Training

Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

Here's a video of Quannel, who had been pretty rabidly anti-cop, undergoing some police training at Missouri City, Texas Police Department. It was obviously quite eye-opening for him.

Those who are quick to fault police, for example, "emptying their clips" (magazines, not clips ) at somebody unnecessarily - Quannel does exactly that without knowing he did.

AFTER this training (at least, for a time) he was advocating "WAIT FOR THE FACTS" before coming to conclusions.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-23-2020, 12:57 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Interesting.

But, please fix your thread title, because it's just weird!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah the thread title is really weird...
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Interesting.

But, please fix your thread title, because it's just weird!

He's the leader of the New Black Panther party's Houston chapter, so..... what would you suggest?

ETA: Got it!!!
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-23-2020, 01:00 PM.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          He's the leader of the New Black Panther party, so..... what would you suggest?
          gone.jpg

Comment

Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

Here's a video of Quannel, who had been pretty rabidly anti-cop, undergoing some police training at Missouri City, Texas Police Department. It was obviously quite eye-opening for him.

Those who are quick to fault police, for example, "emptying their clips" (magazines, not clips ) at somebody unnecessarily - Quannel does exactly that without knowing he did.

AFTER this training (at least, for a time) he was advocating "WAIT FOR THE FACTS" before coming to conclusions.
            To pick a nit, Quinell is the leader of the Houston chapter of the New Black Panthers not the New Black Panthers itself. That would be Krystal Muhammad.

But it is always interesting to see the reaction of someone known for their extreme dislike of the police after they've been through "Hogan's Alley" and likely shot a couple innocent bystanders.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              To pick a nit, Quinell is the leader of the Houston chapter of the New Black Panthers not the New Black Panthers itself.
              Correct, but to further pick nits, it's Quannel, not Quinel. And it says Houston right there in the title!

That would be Krystal Muhammad.
              Also correct.

But it is always interesting to see the reaction of someone known for their extreme dislike of the police after they've been through "Hogan's Alley" and likely shot a couple innocent bystanders.
              Absolutely - and there's just about no other way to convince them, or prove to them, that it's not all as easy as they like to think.

Comment

Correct, but to further pick nits, it's Quannel, not Quinel. And it says Houston right there in the title!
                To pick all of the nits, you're both wrong, and it's Quanell, not Quannel, or Quinell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  To pick all of the nits, you're both wrong, and it's Quanell, not Quannel, or Quinell.

Laughing.... I think I'm gonna delete this thread and pretend it never happened.

WATCH THE VIDEO - IGNORE EVERYTHING I WROTE!!!!

Comment

Can't ignore it.

I'm still on the panter part.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Can't ignore it.

Actually, I needed a good laugh this morning, so this has been... um...

Comment

Can't ignore it.

A black Labrador panter
                        blklbpanter.gif

Got your back brudder

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, maybe we're all done with the picking of nit, so maybe we can get back on topic?

One of the amazing things that came out of this was Quannell making an impassioned plea to young black men and women (2:55 minutes into the video) "PLEASE, Brothers and Sisters, if they tell you to do something, DO IT".

But we can't have that conversation, because it doesn't fit in the liberal narrative.

Comment

Quannell

Comment

"Olivia P. Tallet is an award-winning journalist covering Latino issues and culture. She is also a blogger for Calle Houston. Tallet has more than 10 years of experience producing investigative and feature stories focusing on this community and welcomes tips and suggestions for stories related to Latinos."

Sounds pretty liberal to me.

Activist Quanell X calls for end of ‘no-snitch policy’ in crimes against the elderly
                              Olivia P. Tallet Feb. 4, 2020

The Houston Chronicle looks pretty mainstream to me, too.
                              But we can't have that conversation, because it doesn't fit in the liberal narrative.

That's one way of looking at it. Doesn't seem productive. I think I want to be a bit more careful before calling it out as dishonest, though. Misinformed is better, or maybe inaccurate.

But thanks for introducing me to Quanell X.

Seems a shame you haven't yet taken advantage of the opportunity to make him a friend.

Comment