Thread: "New Black Panther" Houston Leader Undergoes Police Training

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Can't ignore it.

I'm still on the panter part.
    Actually, I needed a good laugh this morning, so this has been... um...
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Can't ignore it.

I'm still on the panter part.
    A black Labrador panter
    blklbpanter.gif

Got your back brudder

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

Here's a video of Quannel, who had been pretty rabidly anti-cop, undergoing some police training at Missouri City, Texas Police Department. It was obviously quite eye-opening for him.

Those who are quick to fault police, for example, "emptying their clips" (magazines, not clips ) at somebody unnecessarily - Quannel does exactly that without knowing he did.

AFTER this training (at least, for a time) he was advocating "WAIT FOR THE FACTS" before coming to conclusions.
    So, maybe we're all done with the picking of nit, so maybe we can get back on topic?

One of the amazing things that came out of this was Quannell making an impassioned plea to young black men and women (2:55 minutes into the video) "PLEASE, Brothers and Sisters, if they tell you to do something, DO IT".

But we can't have that conversation, because it doesn't fit in the liberal narrative.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quannell

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Olivia P. Tallet is an award-winning journalist covering Latino issues and culture. She is also a blogger for Calle Houston. Tallet has more than 10 years of experience producing investigative and feature stories focusing on this community and welcomes tips and suggestions for stories related to Latinos."

Sounds pretty liberal to me.

Activist Quanell X calls for end of ‘no-snitch policy’ in crimes against the elderly
    Olivia P. Tallet Feb. 4, 2020

The Houston Chronicle looks pretty mainstream to me, too.

But we can't have that conversation, because it doesn't fit in the liberal narrative.

That's one way of looking at it. Doesn't seem productive. I think I want to be a bit more careful before calling it out as dishonest, though. Misinformed is better, or maybe inaccurate.

But thanks for introducing me to Quanell X.

Seems a shame you haven't yet taken advantage of the opportunity to make him a friend.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I remember reading about him years ago in the context of alleging a conspiracy against several young black men who were accused of assaulting a Hispanic girl and victim blaming her at a public meeting. It wasn't a good first impression.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Seems a shame you haven't yet taken advantage of the opportunity to make him a friend.
    Here's what I said, Jesse....

Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel [sic] X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

That we are not "friends" is no failing on my part - the only times we've been together, he's been here in an adversarial role in cases where I happened to be on "the other side". I'm the one who went and sat with him in the lobby of the courthouse, and discussed the case with him. I absolutely reached out to him in friendship, but he was, as I said, "a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him". He was not interested in making friends, he was laser focused on somebody going to jail. Should I have further opportunity to talk to or sit with him again, I'll be happy to continue to pursue that friendship.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I remember reading about him years ago in the context of alleging a conspiracy against several young black men who were accused of assaulting a Hispanic girl and victim blaming her at a public meeting. It wasn't a good first impression.
    I don't remember that -- but I've seen him on TV on a program called "Faceoff" where he "did battle" with Wayne Dulcefino (and others), but several of his opponents would comment "even though it looks like we're vicious adversaries at times on TV, we're very close friends behind the scenes".

That's what I would anticipate if I had more opportunity to be around him, and which is why I stressed he was (in my encounters) a perfect gentleman.