Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: The reason people reject the resurrection

  1. #111
    tWebber Hypatia_Alexandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Free thinking Continental Europe
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    628
    Amen (Given)
    79
    Amen (Received)
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    You are hilarious ...but sadly so
    Ad hominem duly noted but making disparaging remarks towards your interlocutor is likewise both meaningless and irrelevant.
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

  2. #112
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Amen (Given)
    46
    Amen (Received)
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Ad hominem duly noted but making disparaging remarks towards your interlocutor is likewise both meaningless and irrelevant.
    Your rejection of extremely relevant material was also noted. It doesn't work that way with sincere and honest folks!!

    I'm probably done with it. It would appear you are not really interested

  3. #113
    tWebber Hypatia_Alexandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Free thinking Continental Europe
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    628
    Amen (Given)
    79
    Amen (Received)
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    Your rejection of extremely relevant material was also noted. It doesn't work that way with sincere and honest folks!!

    I'm probably done with it. It would appear you are not really interested
    You are surely aware of the observation that those who resort to personal comments have lost the argument!
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

  4. #114
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Amen (Given)
    46
    Amen (Received)
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    You are surely aware of the observation that those who resort to personal comments have lost the argument!
    Rejecting extremely relevant quotes indicates no interest in a sincere discussion.

    Your attitude ...not mine. Show me you have an interest in appropriate and relevant material. Until you do ......

  5. #115
    tWebber Hypatia_Alexandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Free thinking Continental Europe
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    628
    Amen (Given)
    79
    Amen (Received)
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    Rejecting extremely relevant quotes indicates no interest in a sincere discussion.
    Bombarding one's interlocutor with irrelevant quote mining is not the basis for a "sincere discussion".
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

  6. Amen Tassman amen'd this post.
  7. #116
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,281
    Amen (Given)
    2627
    Amen (Received)
    1923
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    ]
    Here's some examples of Paul''s preaching:

    Click on the link. Read and learn!

    Do you seriously expect Hypatia_Alexandria, or anyone, to respond to this mountain of mined quotes - all listed without any attempt to address each quote? This is a shameless Gish Gallop, i.e. the tactic of snowing your opponent with supposed “evidence” and claiming that a non-response proves your side to be right. It's popular among apologists who have a weak case - like you.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  8. Amen Hypatia_Alexandria amen'd this post.
  9. #117
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Amen (Given)
    46
    Amen (Received)
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Do you seriously expect Hypatia_Alexandria, or anyone, to respond to this mountain of mined quotes - all listed without any attempt to address each quote?
    Why in the world would anyone expect someone who claims Paul was starting a new Religion to review a hundred [actually if they were to follow the links they would find multiple hundreds] of Scriptures comparing Paul's writings to the teaching of Jesus??? How silly of me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Do you seriouslyThis is a shameless Gish Gallop, i.e. the tactic of snowing your opponent with supposed “evidence” and claiming that a non-response proves your side to be right. It's popular among apologists who have a weak case - like you.
    Supposed evidence? Really???

    Flattery will get you nowhere!!

  10. #118
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    870
    Amen (Given)
    214
    Amen (Received)
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Do you seriously expect Hypatia_Alexandria, or anyone, to respond to this mountain of mined quotes - all listed without any attempt to address each quote? This is a shameless Gish Gallop, i.e. the tactic of snowing your opponent with supposed “evidence” and claiming that a non-response proves your side to be right. It's popular among apologists who have a weak case - like you.
    The quotes show the similarities between Paul and Jesus' teaching.

  11. #119
    tWebber Hypatia_Alexandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Free thinking Continental Europe
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    628
    Amen (Given)
    79
    Amen (Received)
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    The quotes show the similarities between Paul and Jesus' teaching.
    It interesting that in the selection of quotes we were given we find only four respectively from the gospels of Mark and from Matthew and yet fifteen from the gospel of John. I wonder why.
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

  12. #120
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    870
    Amen (Given)
    214
    Amen (Received)
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    He preached his gospel and he was starting a new religion based on his own idiosyncratic beliefs. Jesus of Nazareth was not a Christian. Nor did he perceive himself to be the Lord of Glory or Christ Lord Jesus.
    Maybe this short video will help you out of your confusion.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWtgVan3MM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •