Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Trumpís poor handling of the crisis may lose him the GOPís most reliable voters

  1. #21
    43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,178
    Amen (Given)
    6276
    Amen (Received)
    2423
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The polls were actually fairly accurate in 2016.
    Either the polls asked questions fixed to get the results they wanted (likely) or they asked the wrong people (not as likely). Or, (MOST LIKELY) enough people got fed up with issues totally unrelated to what compelled them to answer the questions to begin with.

    Two major candidates were presented to the voting public that weren't appetizing. Most voters did their duty while holding their noses, or selected others hoping for a very big miracle.

    Or...they didn't vote at all. Too bad, they selected whoever won anyway.

    Polls don't matter.

  2. #22
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,119
    Amen (Given)
    2269
    Amen (Received)
    1759
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Either the polls asked questions fixed to get the results they wanted (likely) or they asked the wrong people (not as likely). Or, (MOST LIKELY) enough people got fed up with issues totally unrelated to what compelled them to answer the questions to begin with.

    Two major candidates were presented to the voting public that weren't appetizing. Most voters did their duty while holding their noses, or selected others hoping for a very big miracle.

    Or...they didn't vote at all. Too bad, they selected whoever won anyway.

    Polls don't matter.
    Yeah, polls don't matter, if you exclude the fact that they are almost always correct

  3. #23
    43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,178
    Amen (Given)
    6276
    Amen (Received)
    2423
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yeah, polls don't matter, if you exclude the fact that they are almost always correct
    LOL...not gonna get into a circular argument on this. Unless the same polls are taken constantly on the exact same population, they cannot be 100.percent accurate.

    (Wondering if we're thinking of the same type of polls)

  4. #24
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,994
    Amen (Given)
    6663
    Amen (Received)
    8260
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How was 1/3 chance of winning "accurate?"
    It's like a weather forecast. Weatherman can predict a 90% chance of rain, and if it doesn't rain, he's still right because he didn't say 100% chance.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
  6. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,212
    Amen (Given)
    167
    Amen (Received)
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's like a weather forecast. Weatherman can predict a 90% chance of rain, and if it doesn't rain, he's still right because he didn't say 100% chance.
    If it rains 9 times out of 10 then he's 100% accurate. If it rains 10 times out of 10 then he's less than 100% accurate. *

    I know, I know. Book larnin' is tough.

    * over an infinite amount of time.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-26-2020 at 02:22 PM.

  7. #26
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,891
    Amen (Given)
    2856
    Amen (Received)
    1928
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I don't get this... What's the point of the lies in the bottom right image? "A lockdown would probably make the virus much worse"? Who even comes up with these sort of insane lies that nobody would believe?

  8. #27
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,212
    Amen (Given)
    167
    Amen (Received)
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I don't get this... What's the point of the lies in the bottom right image? "A lockdown would probably make the virus much worse"? Who even comes up with these sort of insane lies that nobody would believe?
    It shows that the idiot who made it didn't get the memo that we supposedly didn't know how dangerous the virus was going to back in January.

  9. #28
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,891
    Amen (Given)
    2856
    Amen (Received)
    1928
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    It shows that the idiot who made it didn't get the memo that we supposedly didn't know how dangerous the virus was going to back in January.
    I have to wonder if this is actually an example of a foreign adversary (e.g. Russians) trying to stoke partisanship in the US. I struggle to think that even the most deranged Trumpist would actually write "A lockdown would probably make the virus much worse".

  10. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,119
    Amen (Given)
    2269
    Amen (Received)
    1759
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I have to wonder if this is actually an example of a foreign adversary (e.g. Russians) trying to stoke partisanship in the US. I struggle to think that even the most deranged Trumpist would actually write "A lockdown would probably make the virus much worse".
    Well, Trump himself said, "if we take less tests, they'll be less cases."

  11. #30
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,891
    Amen (Given)
    2856
    Amen (Received)
    1928
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, Trump himself said, "if we take less tests, they'll be less [detected] cases."
    Which, assuming we add the word in brackets, is abnormally truthful for Trump.

  12. Amen Charles amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •