X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God and Germs

Why didn't God tell us about germs?

Link

All that stuff in the Law about quarantining sick people, and not touching someone else's blood, and making sure your metal cooking pots are clean before cooking meat... Those get skipped by people who say the kinds of things this guy is saying.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
      All that stuff in the Law about quarantining sick people, and not touching someone else's blood, and making sure your metal cooking pots are clean before cooking meat... Those get skipped by people who say the kinds of things this guy is saying.
      I previously proposed that as a possible apologetic but the general consensus seems to have been that these were ritual purity laws. Still, I think it's an idea worth exploring.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I previously proposed that as a possible apologetic but the general consensus seems to have been that these were ritual purity laws. Still, I think it's an idea worth exploring.
        I know they are. It's just awfully coincidental that they conveniently had practical reasons behind them, as well.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's another from the school of 'I know better than God' objections. Jesus must really be kicking Himself that He wasn't born in the last 20 years or so, when we have the Internet, and know everything.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Were the instructions to to "have a place outside the camp and go out there, and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement" part of ritual purity laws?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment