Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    And, I repeat, since you are trying your best to avoid it and even cut your own statement to avoid others seeing it. You clearly called it "fair play". And now you say you don't agree? Don't agree with what you called fair play....

As for the rest of your statement I hope you realize that you - once again - continue along the lines of your relative standard where you justify not telling the truth if others also lied. And you talk about "credibility" from someone who understands why others would lie, who calls it "fair game"?
    As said, I can "understand" why he did it, but I don't agree with his doing it.

The rest was just excuse making for your nakedly hypocritical double standard.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I believe I have said many times already that they need to take away Trump's twitter phone. His tweeting is the source of most of the MSM's stories about him. But I think he likes the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        As said, I can "understand" why he did it, but I don't agree with his doing it.

The rest was just excuse making for your nakedly hypocritical double standard.
        The statement; "I can "understand" why he did it," needs further explanation. You are apparently literate. What else is there to understand?
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          I see he's complaining bitterly he can no longer use Twitter to spread his lies. "I'm going to post on Twitter (a platform that I consistently and routinely violate their T&Cs) on how they're stifling free speech!"
          [...]
          Perhaps the real reason he might not be able to spread his lies on Twitter is because he is going to close it. That is right, the American president is now talking about closing Twitter or in general "Social Media".

Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...01611310739456
          So, in other words, he is posting on the very media he claims is acting against free speach because they allowed him to say what he wanted to say but then pointed out it was not factaully correct. And while posting on their very platform he is now threatening to close them down. So much for the love of free speach. I am sure the usual Trump apologetics will twist words around to make what is wrong appear like it is right.
          Last edited by Charles; 05-27-2020, 07:28 AM.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I believe I have said many times already that they need to take away Trump's twitter phone. His tweeting is the source of most of the MSM's stories about him. But I think he likes the attention.

For both good and bad.

He reminds me of Dan Fielding on the show Night Court when he explained that he doesn't have a filter between his brain and his mouth. He just says what pops into his head without thought.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As said, I can "understand" why he did it, but I don't agree with his doing it. [...]
              Let me remind you what you actually said:

"So while I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't, I can understand how turn about is fair play "
              I can see why you want to avoid that last part when held accountable. But the funny thing still is you continue to claim you don't agree with him doing what you described as "fair play".
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I wish Trump would just dump twitter. But they have no right to censor what the President says in such a way.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...trump-tweet%2F

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  The statement; "I can "understand" why he did it," needs further explanation. You are apparently literate. What else is there to understand?
                  Going back to the "bullies getting a taste of their own medicine" analogy. It's like watching someone who is constantly being pushed around and beat up then turning around and punching their tormentor in the nose.

While resorting to violence is not usually the right course of action, one can understand, or even sympathize, with them for doing so. That still doesn't make it right.

It's really bizarre that I even have to keep explaining this

Comment

Going back to the "bullies getting a taste of their own medicine" analogy. It's like watching someone who is constantly being pushed around and beat up then turning around and punching their tormentor in the nose.

While resorting to violence is not usually the right course of action, one can understand, or even sympathize, with them for doing so. That still doesn't make it right.

It's really bizarre that I even have to keep explaining this
                    Perhaps because you had problems admitting you described it as fair play but now go all in for a low standard.

I seem to remember someone telling us the truth would set us free and to turn the other cheek. Your willingness to go in the other direction in order to support a liar by holding a standard low enough for him is duly noted. You have done this so many times before so I am not surprised.

Comment

Perhaps because you had problems admitting you described it as fair play but now go all in for a low standard.

I seem to remember someone telling us the truth would set us free and to turn the other cheek. Your willingness to go in the other direction in order to support a liar by holding a standard low enough for him is duly noted. You have done this so many times before so I am not surprised.
                      More likely because of your nakedly hypocritical double standard you are either incapable or unwilling to understand

Comment

More likely because of your nakedly hypocritical double standard you are either incapable or unwilling to understand
                        The issue is Trump's atrocious unethical behavior. Don;t change the subject.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          The issue is Trump's atrocious unethical behavior. Don;t change the subject.
                          Which is a stark reflection of and reaction to the MSM's atrocious unethical behavior.

But for y'all the latter is perfectly acceptable.

Comment

More of the same along the lines of "they did it", "you do it" and the like. Pushing for lower standards again and again is what you do.

It seems you have to assume those who don't buy into your whataboutism by lowering the standard according to the examples you provide are hypocritical. Logically that is a fallacy but then again, perhaps you want to lower your standards on logic as well. You whole line of "reasoning" on this matter relies to a very high extent on fallacies of tu quoque nature, appealing to common practice, ad hominems and the like. No wonder you get so frustrated when it is pointed out.
                            Last edited by Charles; 05-27-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Which is a stark reflection of and reaction to the MSM's atrocious unethical behavior.

But for y'all the latter is perfectly acceptable.
                              Nope. You are the only on who can understand why someone would lie. And you are the only one I have seen calling it fair game.

Comment

More of the same along the lines of "they did it", "you do it" and the like. Pushing for lower standards again and again is what you do.

It seems you have to assume those who don't buy into your whataboutism by lowering the standard according to the examples you provide are hypocritical. Logically that is a fallacy but then again, perhaps you want to lower your standards on logic as well. You whole line of "reasoning" on this matter relies to a very high extent on fallacies of tu quoque nature, appealing to common practice, ad hominems and the like. No wonder you get so frustrated when it is pointed out.
                                You continue to expose your abysmal inability and/or unwillingness to comprehend having been thoroughly poisoned by your nakedly hypocritical double standard.

I have repeatedly and clearly stated that I do not approve of Trump's behavior here but like the person who is being continuously bullied finally punching his tormentor in the nose I can understand why they did so all the while still disapproving of his reaction.

Comment