Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I understand he will be using a 4 Hillarys rating system with the highest/worse being "pants suit on fire"
    I am going to give it a try. I will say something outrageously untrue and let's see what it looks like.

Trump is a Russian agent!

Moderated By: Mountain Man, Fact Check

This is misleading and false. Trump has been exonerated from all charges.

hillary pants fire.jpghillary pants fire.jpghillary pants fire.jpghillary pants fire.jpg

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      FIFY. n/c

While I don't approve of his actions here I do understand the concept of what goes around comes around.
      So, not that I agree with you about the media, but do you mean to say by that that it's only fair that the media lies about Trump? What goes around comes around!
      Last edited by JimL; 05-27-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        If *that's* the part that gets you bent out of shape on this issue then I think I understand your perspective.
        No, I've been very critical of Trump and consistently so. But if you're going to post blasphemy on a Christian website, you can expect to get called out.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          PSA: Good news! In an effort to maintain the integrity of the information on Theologyweb, we proud to announce that we will begin fact-checking political posts by our members. Our new moderator in charge of fact-checking will be Mountain Man. Thank you.
          Are you suggesting Mountain Man can't be trusted?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            If the President of the United States is committing libel, could you in principle sue him? And if not during his presidency, then after?
            An interesting perspective on that is whether he tweets from his official presidential account - @POTUS - or his own personal account.

It would, however, be civil suit, not criminal, seeking damages, so it would have to be demonstrated that damages occurred. It's usually a tough haul.

As to "can Trump be sued", SCOTUS ruled 9-0 in 1997, for example, that Paula Jones could sue Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. I can't remember if Clinton was still POTUS at the time.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Twitter's refusal to remove accusations of murder is being put to the test by no less than God himself.

Donald Trump killed his personal assistant, Carolyn Gombell, in October 2000. He strangled her because he'd gotten her pregnant and was threatening to tell the press. Then he bribed NYPD Police Chief Bernie Kierik to cover it up. IT'S TIME TO INVESTIGATE. #JusticeForCarolyn

Thoughts?
              I also hear that Trump also paid off the guards, shut off the cameras, and had his friend and fellow degenerate Epstein murdered in his prison cell. It had to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                I also hear that Trump also paid off the guards, shut off the cameras, and had his friend and fellow degenerate Epstein murdered in his prison cell. It had to be done!
                Just for fun, let's throw in a WHABOUTISM..... Bill Clinton is known to have used his personal Arkansas State Police protection detail to obtain women for him, and to conceal his involvement.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                  I'm glad that we have a large private company taking on the heavy responsibility of telling me what is and isn't true. I appreciate their sacrificing profits in order to put in place a system that will relieve me of the burden of making my own evaluations of things public figures say.

I sleep more peacefully knowing Twitter is so altruistically looking out for my best interests.
                  And then there's this...

Twitter did not disclose in its so-called fact-check it is partners with two groups financed by leftist donors that engage in voter participation efforts, including drives pushing mail-in balloting.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...il-in-ballots/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    No motive.

OTOH...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      An interesting perspective on that is whether he tweets from his official presidential account - @POTUS - or his own personal account.

It would, however, be civil suit, not criminal, seeking damages, so it would have to be demonstrated that damages occurred. It's usually a tough haul.

As to "can Trump be sued", SCOTUS ruled 9-0 in 1997, for example, that Paula Jones could sue Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. I can't remember if Clinton was still POTUS at the time.
                      The age of Twitter, yesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        And then there's this...

Twitter did not disclose in its so-called fact-check it is partners with two groups financed by leftist donors that engage in voter participation efforts, including drives pushing mail-in balloting.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...il-in-ballots/
                        Do you realize how utterly depraved your political views must be when "voter participation efforts" are routinely demonized? Do you realize how totally at odds with what it means to be a patriotic American you have to be to espouse that viewpoint?

Just pathetic and gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          No, I've been very critical of Trump and consistently so. But if you're going to post blasphemy on a Christian website, you can expect to get called out.
                          Fine, I thought it was funny. It's not like I can control which Twitter account exploded that tweet.

Apologies to anyone to took my comment as religious mocking.

Comment

Does the TRUTH matter at all? Why make up stuff when the actual truth is just as bad?
                            The truth does matter. And it is important to be accurate. However, it is also important when correcting a fact that the impact of that correction on the overall point be assessed. In this case, criminal or civil lessons not one iota the point being made about Trump himself, so it was important that be stated explicitly.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              The truth does matter. And it is important to be accurate. However, it is also important when correcting a fact that the impact of that correction on the overall point be assessed. In this case, criminal or civil lessons not one iota the point being made about Trump himself, so it was important that be stated explicitly.
                              It is often thrown around that "Trump is a criminal" and is "guilty". A civil suit does not establish guilt, nor does it make one a criminal. Then thar are facts.

Comment

It is often thrown around that "Trump is a criminal" and is "guilty". A civil suit does not establish guilt, nor does it make one a criminal. Then thar are facts.
                                To be fair, in a non political context, people often say the same thing about OJ Simpson using the same reasoning.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment