Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
    Apparently, Trump is said to put on an executive order that would essentially remove some of the protections granted to social media companies by a law known as Section 230, which currently stipulates that tech companies not be held liable for content posted by users. Hmm, I agree with that in the sense that all social media platforms should be on the same footing as any other media, and should face lawsuits when users are victims of false allegations. However, Trump is shooting himself in the foot as Twitter is his biggest platform. All of his tweets would then be double- or triple-checked. Go figure.
    When they start "fact checking" posts then they go from being a mere platform which is what Section 230 is meant to protect in this fashion, to being publishers who are in charge of editing. The latter is not covered.

I'd hate to see it happen because of the long term implications but Twitter, Facebook and the like are almost daring the government to take action here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Absurd nonsense. The fact is that Trump suggested injecting disinfectant, which is what I said.
      Provide the quote rather than rely on one you made up to prop up your very shaky claim.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        But you've become such a serial fibber that you could tell me the moon was full, and I'd have to go outside and look for myself.

lie teller!
        No, you're just drowning in de-nile.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Provide the quote rather than rely on one you made up to prop up your very shaky claim.
          Already did.

Comment

OH, that's a tempting one!
            Sometimes one must lob the softball and step back in anticipated marvel.

Comment

Already did.
              Linky, or at least the post number.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Linky, or at least the post number.

Comment

"And then I see the disinfectent, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

Bet ya missed that part..... that's how questions - however dumb they may be - begin.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Bet ya missed that part..... that's how questions - however dumb they may be - begin.
                    Nope, didn't miss it at all. It's still hilarious!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      "And then I see the disinfectent, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

Right... "Can we do something like that?" does not mean, "Can we do exactly that?" The word "like" in this context obviously means "similar to".
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Right... "Can we do something like that?" does not mean, "Can we do exactly that?" The word "like" in this context obviously means "similar to".
                        Right, something like inject bleach.

Comment

How is this context "exculpatory" (snicker)?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Right, something like inject bleach.
                            I believe this is called the "okey-doke", where you know you're being stupid, but you go along with it anyway thinking that maybe it will all work out in the end.

Comment

I believe this is called the "okey-doke", where you know you're being stupid, but you go along with it anyway thinking that maybe it will all work out in the end.
                              Yeah, whatever you want to tell yourself, MM.

Comment

• Liberals are weeping and gnashing their teeth over Trump's recent executive order, but it seems there's a lot more to this than meets the eye...

In the periphery of this executive action there are indications, and a widespread expectation, the DOJ is close to filing an antitrust lawsuit against Google Inc and their affiliated companies. There is a strong possibility the controlling ideology of ‘big tech’ is about to merge with legal action by the DOJ.

The DOJ action has not yet happened, but there are signals it is very close. There have been visible signals, subtle but visible, that the DOJ was/is about to move on a massive (the biggest in history) antitrust lawsuit against Google and all affiliates.

The issue will not necessarily surface as most would think; via a bias based on conservative -vs- leftist ideology in content manipulation; though those underlying aspects are a part of the larger underpinning we will soon see surface.

Antitrust lawsuits, writ large, are based on “prices”, “costs”, and net “financial” distortions caused by corporations not competing based on open commerce. “Antitrust” in it’s structural form is based on costs and the manipulation of prices. Essentially, controlled commerce.

In the digital sphere the targeted firms have not opened themselves to liability based on ideology; but rather Google, all subsidiaries and alliances, have opened themselves to antitrust violations through the manipulation and control of financial benefit.

Demonitization of digital platform content providers, in combination with Google’s control of almost all ad revenue in the digital space, is what has opened the door for DOJ intervention based on antitrust laws.

This happens because the content being generated on these controlled platforms is being arbitrarily valued by the media company, not the free market. Devaluing certain content they are ideologically opposed to creates consumer distortions.

Underpinning that revenue control is the ideological nature of the content provider. However, for the purpose of antitrust lawsuits, that motive is irrelevant.

The methods, practices and purposeful control of value; through collusion of corporate interest specific to a planned and organized effort to control monetary benefit; is the part of their activity that is quantifiable, discoverable, easily provable, and ultimately unlawful.

The financial distortion of internet commerce is the crack in the Big Tech stranglehold that affords the DOJ the opportunity to step in. Google (and all subsidiaries) will lose on the substance of their defense because ultimately their business practice has resulted in, and arguably they have engaged in, price fixing.

It will take time, but eventually they will settle; and there will likely be a massive financial settlement in addition to a negotiated Consent Decree. Within the CD terms, we may even see a break-up.

The antitrust action is only tangentially related to the current POTUS confrontation with Twitter and big tech social media based on ideological lines. However, it is easy to see how the two issues will merge. The monetary distortions are based on ideology.

As soon as the DOJ takes action Silicon Valley will hold an even larger self-interest in the 2020 election outcome; and they will respond accordingly.

This is definitely worth watching…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-video-and-xo/

Comment