Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see he's complaining bitterly he can no longer use Twitter to spread his lies. "I'm going to post on Twitter (a platform that I consistently and routinely violate their T&Cs) on how they're stifling free speech!"

Whilst other users would likely have been banned by now, I think this is a good compromise. It allows PINO to spread his rubbish, whilst at the same time pointing out some of the more egregious errors, misleading claims and lies - such as his mail-in ballot nonsense.

[edited to add]

Naturally, this shouldn't only apply to Trump but all world leaders on the platform. There's lots of populists out there (including my own excrementitious government) who misuse these media platforms.

If people wish to check all statements as Max alludes to, they can continue to do so. Though the fact that various social-media platforms have been involved in the spreading of misleading and false information for the last few years isn't really arguable.
    Last edited by EvoUK; 05-27-2020, 04:33 AM.

Comment

As I noted in one of the other threads on this...
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      So Trump dished out what the MSM has been doing for 4 years, namely spreading unsubstantiated rumors and made up out of whole cloth malicious gossip and hear-say, and naturally the left loses it when it is done to them.

And after the collusion delusion was repeatedly exposed as a hoax, after Trump was repeatedly called a traitor who sold out the country by folks like Scarborough, did any of them apologize? No. Not one. In fact they actually congratulated themselves on what a terrific job they had done covering it Worse, they continued employing the same tactics.

So while I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't, I can understand how turn about is fair play. The fact is that Scarborough and his ilk aren't victims but rather bullies getting a taste of their own medicine.

PS: Scarborough hasn't been a Republican for quite awhile now though he only officially left the party a few years ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I noted in one of the other threads on this...
        In other words, again, you claim others did it and thus it is "fair play". That's a pretty low standard. Is that how low your regard for truth really is?
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          No, it's a civil suit, Shuny. There is no declaration of guilt. Perhaps you don't comprehend the concept of "settlement". And I'm the one who told you about the $25 million.
          I believe you do not comprehend the consequences of a "settlement of $25 million dollars, which demonstrates he is 'guilty' without any doubt dodging a trial. Not guilty? Why the $25 million dollar 'buy out' avoiding a trial.

Guilty of 'fraud' is guilty of 'fraud' no matter how you call it. It standard for Trump to use his millions to buy his way out.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            In other words, again, you claim others did it and thus it is "fair play". That's a pretty low standard. Is that how low your regard for truth really is?
            No slow boat, I clearly said

I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't

but I can understand it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So Trump dished out what the MSM has been doing for 4 years, namely spreading unsubstantiated rumors and made up out of whole cloth malicious gossip and hear-say, and naturally the left loses it when it is done to them.

And after the collusion delusion was repeatedly exposed as a hoax, after Trump was repeatedly called a traitor who sold out the country by folks like Scarborough, did any of them apologize? No. Not one. In fact they actually congratulated themselves on what a terrific job they had done covering it Worse, they continued employing the same tactics.

So while I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't, I can understand how turn about is fair play. The fact is that Scarborough and his ilk aren't victims but rather bullies getting a taste of their own medicine.

PS: Scarborough hasn't been a Republican for quite awhile now though he only officially left the party a few years ago.
              Whether he was a Republican or not. Trump's malicious acrid abusive accusations are beyond any acceptable standards of ethics and morals. That is the problem, and not what someone else supposedly did. How low can you go to justify Trump's atrocious behavior.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

but I can understand it
                Nice to hear you are literate, and can understand what Trump said.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  Trump's The MSM's malicious acrid abusive accusations are beyond any acceptable standards of ethics and morals
                  FIFY. n/c

While I don't approve of his actions here I do understand the concept of what goes around comes around.

Comment

Nice to hear you are literate, and can understand what Trump said.
                    Don't be jealous.

Comment

but I can understand it
                      If you would not cut your own sentence everyone could see your clearly said:

"So while I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't, I can understand how turn about is fair play "

You clearly used the expression "fair play" and it is easy to see that you find it fair because of your idea others did the same. So, once again, are you really holding truth in such low regard?
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Does this make the fact our president purposefully created a scam and took money from people without giving them anything useful in return any less criminal, any less despicable? Does the fact our president ran a con that literally stole millions of dollars from people not mean anything at all? That alone should have him sitting on a street corner in rags begging alms, not sitting in luxury as president of the United States of America.
                        Does the TRUTH matter at all? Why make up stuff when the actual truth is just as bad?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I believe you do not comprehend ...
                          I do - you don't seem to comprehend the difference between criminal and civil proceedings. Just trying to help you out. Truth matters.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            If you would not cut your own sentence everyone could see your clearly said:

"So while I don't know why he bothers, and I really wish he wouldn't, I can understand how turn about is fair play "

You clearly used the expression "fair play" and it is easy to see that you find it fair because of your idea others did the same. So, once again, are you really holding truth in such low regard?
                            Maybe I should write slower so you can comprehend better

As said, I can "understand" why he did it, but I don't agree with his doing it.

If y'all ever showed a scintilla's as much concern for all of the deliberately virulent and malevolent garbage that Scarborough and his ilk regularly spew out as "news" as you do over Trump's tweets this likely would never have occurred. But since you ignore the intentional dishonest crap these purveyors of fabricated falsehoods disseminate we end up with this.

As my mom used to say, it takes two to tango. Criticize both sides for their misbehavior rather than focusing on one while ignoring the other and you might finally regain some scraps of all of the credibility you've repeatedly squandered away.

Comment

Maybe I should write slower so you can comprehend better

As said, I can "understand" why he did it, but I don't agree with his doing it.

If y'all ever showed a scintilla's as much concern for all of the deliberately virulent and malevolent garbage that Scarborough and his ilk regularly spew out as "news" as you do over Trump's tweets this likely would never have occurred. But since you ignore the intentional dishonest crap these purveyors of fabricated falsehoods disseminate we end up with this.

As my mom used to say, it takes two to tango. Criticize both sides for their misbehavior rather than focusing on one while ignoring the other and you might finally regain some scraps of all of the credibility you've repeatedly squandered away.
                              And, I repeat, since you are trying your best to avoid it and even cut your own statement to avoid others seeing it. You clearly called it "fair play". And now you say you don't agree? Don't agree with what you called fair play....

As for the rest of your statement I hope you realize that you - once again - continue along the lines of your relative standard where you justify not telling the truth if others also lied. And you talk about "credibility" from someone who understands why others would lie, who calls it "fair game"?

Comment

Don't be jealous.
                                Not in the least. Trump's atrocious malicious acrid insults are understandable with a sixth grade education which you apparently have trouble dealing with even though you can apparently understand him. Though some of his speeches are not inarticulate and incoherent.
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-27-2020, 07:17 AM.

Frank

Comment