Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There seems to be a trend of people hailing from conservative ranks pushing for an very relativistic view of truth. As if no statement can be assessed objectively against a standard of truth.

That may make supporting Trump easier, but it's a horribly destructive path in general, one often adopted by oppressive regimes, and directly contrary to much of tte text found in our constitution.
    What on earth on you talking about?

In part I think you must have slept through the "media lies" thread. But I still don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're not doing yourself any favors with these hysterics, unless this is a comedy routine, in which case, carry on, because this is some funny stuff!
      You are right. It sounds like oxmixmudd is presenting some weird humor here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        No. But you believe that to be true. Maybe now you can see why conservatives have a problem with a liberal "fact-checking" their tweets? Do you want us "fact-checking" your posts, JimL? Would that be fair?
        How can you accuse Twitter of using liberal fact checkers when their head of "site integrity," Yoel Roth, the person in charge of their fact checkers, has written the following:

I’ve never donated to a presidential campaign before, but I just gave $100 to Hillary for America. We can’t [veiled f-bomb] around anymore.

I'm just saying, we fly over those states who voted for a racist tangerine for a reason

Today on Meet The Press, we’re speaking with Joseph Goebbels about the first 100 days…’ – What I hear whenever Kellyanne is on a news show

Yes, that person in the pink hat is clearly a bigger threat to your brand of feminism than ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE

He's obviously a cup overflowing with the cream of impartiality. He can be completely trusted to be a neutral, nonpartisan judge.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Can you source this quote?

Or is this yet another in a long line of fabricated quotes that you made up and tried to pass off as legitimate?
          I should have said I parphrase for the sticklers here, but the point is the same.
          Last edited by rogue06; 05-28-2020, 03:04 PM. Reason: edited rather than quote -- original restored

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Sorry MM, 'truth over facts' does in fact represent a counter to an ever expanding means of creating misinformation.

There is a very large amount of disinformation spread around the internet, often with the intent of supporting the uber conservative agenda, and that is exactly the sort of thing that would fit under this banner. The anti AGW rhetoric being a good example. But also the majority of the covid misinformation. Facts stated and spun out of context to support a falsehood. Biden should own it and explain it.
            They may have grasped it had Biden spoke in their own language, i.e. 'truth over alternate facts'.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I should have said I parphrase for the sticklers here, but the point is the same.
              According to MM that's a legit tactic so carry on.

Comment

How can you accuse Twitter of using liberal fact checkers when their head of "site integrity," Yoel Roth, the person in charge of their fact checkers, has written the following:

I’ve never donated to a presidential campaign before, but I just gave $100 to Hillary for America. We can’t [veiled f-bomb] around anymore.

I'm just saying, we fly over those states who voted for a racist tangerine for a reason

Today on Meet The Press, we’re speaking with Joseph Goebbels about the first 100 days…’ – What I hear whenever Kellyanne is on a news show

Yes, that person in the pink hat is clearly a bigger threat to your brand of feminism than ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE

He's obviously a cup overflowing with the cream of impartiality. He can be completely trusted to be a neutral, nonpartisan judge.
                That doesn't make him a liberal, it just makes him perceptive.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  Right, you "paraphrased" it into something he never actually said.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                    According to MM that's a legit tactic so carry on.
                    [citation needed]

Comment

• Originally posted by Florida Man View Post
                      [citation needed]
                      I don't have time for this, especially after you ran away the last time I provided citations.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        I don't have time for this, especially after you ran away the last time I provided citations.
                        Right... apparently in your world, responding point-by-point equals "running away".

Comment

Here's a picture of some of the actual Tweets.

Clickinate on to enbiggen
                          yoel-roth-jon-levine-new-twitter-content-monitor.jpg
                          The clipped word in the tweet about McConnell is "farts"
                          So he called him a "personality-free bag of farts -- which is actually kinda funny

I'd do them myself but I'm having trouble using the snipping tool on Windows 10.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Right... apparently in your world, responding point-by-point equals "running away".
                            It sure does.

Or are you prepared to point me directly to the exculpatory evidence from the Flynn 302s etc etc.

Comment

Right, you "paraphrased" it into something he never actually said.
                              "And then I see the disinfectent, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

Last edited by JimL; 05-28-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Can you source this quote?

Or is this yet another in a long line of fabricated quotes that you made up and tried to pass off as legitimate?
                                Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Or... maybe, just maybe, you should quit concocting counterfeit quotes which are nothing more than your jaundiced opinion and pretending it's what someone else said.

Comment