Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump implicates Scarborough in murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Facts exist Sparko, opinions are only opinions and outright lies are only lies.. If someone tweets lies, then twitter can inform people that they are lies by fact-checking and informing rather than leaving it there for the gullible to just accept. Then people can double check the facts for themselves. Propaganda is not a good thing to be left unchecked.
    So maybe Twitter should allow Trump to post a fact-check notice on the fact-checkers link!

You don't seem to get the idea that the guy who "fact-checked" Trump just posted more opinions from a liberal newspaper. That isn't FACT. That's opinion. And very selective opinion at that, ignoring anything contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.
      Hey, don't you have a meeting to go to or something?

Comment

Hey, don't you have a meeting to go to or something?
        Soon, Jim, but thank you ever so much for your concern.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Soon, Jim, but thank you ever so much for your concern.
          Just trying to be helpful, my friend. Wouldn't want you to be late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So maybe Twitter should allow Trump to post a fact-check notice on the fact-checkers link!

You don't seem to get the idea that the guy who "fact-checked" Trump just posted more opinions from a liberal newspaper. That isn't FACT. That's opinion. And very selective opinion at that, ignoring anything contrary.
            The actual facts exst. If they are known to exist, if they know that Trumps tweet is not opinion, but a lie, and that the facts exist which prove it to be a lie, then they should make that known. What are you afraid of, the facts?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              I can't imagine that was not taken out of context, even though I also can't imagine what that would have meant in any context. Is there the unedited version I can look at?
              Here is politifact's response which says the show transcript shows Biden said 'be' and not 'beat.'

FWIW, if you play the video back at 1/4 speed it sounds like 'be' and not 'beat' to me. Also if you look at his mouth he doesn't look like he makes a 't' sound at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Here is politifact's response which says the show transcript shows Biden said 'be' and not 'beat.'

FWIW, if you play the video back at 1/4 speed it sounds like 'be' and not 'beat' to me. Also if you look at his mouth he doesn't look like he makes a 't' sound at the end.
                That would make sense in the context of the question, which is why I wanted to see the whole thing, but I got to tell you, it still sounds like he says "beat" to me. But it's easier for me to believe that maybe he mistakenly said "beat" when he meant "be," than to assume he confused his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  That would make sense in the context of the question, which is why I wanted to see the whole thing, but I got to tell you, it still sounds like he says "beat" to me. But it's easier for me to believe that maybe he mistakenly said "beat" when he meant "be," than to assume he confused his name.
                  Or you could just watch the video at 1/4 speed and see for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                    Sure I could, but that would be what you call manipulating the video, which is about as bad as context editing.

Comment

• The irony of the situation is that while Trump idly (and I think nobody really thinks it's a serious threat) threatens to violate the free speech of a corporation, in reality, one of his main legislative achievements has been to pack the federal courts with judges with strong, literal interpretations of the First Amendment.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        Reminds me of the good ol' days when preachers would play rock albums backwards to expose the backmasked satanic messages. "Listen, it says, 'All hail dark master!'" and darn if you couldn't sorta hear it thanks to the power of suggestion, although to anybody who wasn't told what to listen for, it just sounded like gibberish.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just trying to be helpful, my friend. Wouldn't want you to be late.
                          I wasn't dear brother, and it was a wonderful meeting. You shoulda been there. And there was PIZZA!!!!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Reminds me of the good ol' days when preachers would play rock albums backwards to expose the backmasked satanic messages. "Listen, it says, 'All hail dark master!'" and darn if you couldn't sorta hear it thanks to the power of suggestion, although to anybody who wasn't told what to listen for, it just sounded like gibberish.
                            But when you play country & western music backwards, something wonderful happens! The guy quits drinking, gets his girl back, gets his job back, gets his truck back....

Comment

But when you play country & western music backwards, something wonderful happens! The guy quits drinking, gets his girl back, gets his job back, gets his truck back....

Then there's the Christian rock group Petra who poked their critics in the eye with a prominent backmasked message in one of their songs that said, "What are you looking for the devil for what you oughta be lookin' for the Lord?"

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Then there's the Christian rock group Petra who poked their critics in the eye with a prominent backmasked message in one of their songs that said, "What are you looking for the devil for what you oughta be lookin' for the Lord?"

Wow ... that happened totally by chance??

Comment