Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Trudeau approves human testing of vaccine derived from aborted babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trudeau approves human testing of vaccine derived from aborted babies

I have never been more ashamed of the leadership of my country.

OTTAWA, May 19, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A Canadian vaccine watchdog group says Canada’s approval of a human clinical trial of a Chinese coronavirus vaccine made from aborted fetal cell lines should “be a concern” for everyone and that rushing a vaccine to market could do more harm than good.

Pro-abortion Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Saturday that Health Canada approved the coronavirus vaccine Ad5-nCoV to be used in human clinical trials.

The vaccine candidate Ad5-nCoV uses the HEK293 cell line that LifeSiteNews reported last week is made from fetal cells harvested from an aborted baby decades ago. The HEK293 cell line was developed and is owned by Canada’s National Research Council (NRC).

On May 12, the NRC announced a collaboration with the Chinese firm CanSino Biologics Inc. (CanSinoBIO) to test and develop Ad5-nCoV in Canada. The trial vaccine Ad5-nCoV was co-developed by the Beijing Institute of Biotechnology and CanSinoBIO and has already been used in initial human trials since mid-March in China.

The clinical trials for Ad5-nCoV will be taking place at the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology at Dalhousie University, which is in Halifax. A total of 600 people will be needed for the trial, according to a CBC report, that will be done in phases.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/he...etal-cell-line

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

That's horrible.

Comment

Fake news, that cell line was made all the way back in 1973. It's an immortal, perpetually generating cell line. Fetuses are not used in the production of vaccines.

LifeSiteNews has turned rather poor in their reporting. They rely on outrage clicks more and more than actual substance and truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Fake news, that cell line was made all the way back in 1973. It's an immortal, perpetually generating cell line. Fetuses are not used in the production of vaccines.

LifeSiteNews has turned rather poor in their reporting. They rely on outrage clicks more and more than actual substance and truth.
        Right, even the generally very conservative Got Questions site recognizes that the original abortions are a done deal and that taking said vaccines would be okay.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It isn't fake news. The article says the cell line is from abortions done decades ago.

Here is an msm article about it, but, of course, it doesn't mention where the cells for the vaccine come from.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6952634/c...rials-trudeau/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the first Canadian clinical trials of a potential COVID-19 vaccine have b​​een approved by Health Canada, and will be conducted out of the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology at Dalhousie University.
          Speaking from Rideau Cottage on Saturday, he said the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) will be working with the drug’s manufacturers in order to produce and distribute the vaccine “here at home” — if the trials are successful.

“Research and development take time and must be done right,” he said. “But this is encouraging news.”

The vaccine is called Ad5-nCoV and was approved for Phase 1 human trials in China on March 17.

And here's another article from a Catholic (I think) source.

https://grandinmedia.ca/bioethics-gr...orted-fetuses/

A coalition of Catholic bioethical groups is urging the Canadian government to invest in COVID-19 vaccine research that doesn’t use cells derived from electively aborted fetuses.

“Manufacture of vaccines using such ethically-tainted human cell lines demonstrates profound disrespect for the dignity of the human person,” said a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Health Minister Patty Hajdu.

Representatives of the Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute, the Catholic Civil Rights League and the National Association of Catholic Nurses are among the signatories to the letter.
          Vaccines produced using the WI-38 cell line derived from an elective abortion in the 1960s have been prominent for decades in virology research.

This cell line has been used to develop vaccines for adenoviruses, rubella, measles, mumps, varicella zoster, polio, hepatitis A and rabies.

Modern equivalents of WI-38, also derived from aborted fetus tissue, include PER.C6, MRC-5 and HEK 293.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Right, even the generally very conservative Got Questions site recognizes that the original abortions are a done deal and that taking said vaccines would be okay.
            The whole "done deal" response reminds me of the moral quandary that surrounds using the results of research from Nazi experiments on humans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

It just causes another reason to "ethically" do more abortions in the future. For medical research, don't you know.

Comment

Also, the anti-vaccine crowd claim that the original DNA from the fetus will combine with your own if you take vaccines developed from it, which is also false. There is no DNA from that fetus in vaccines, and even if there were, it would be highly fragmented and couldn't combine with your own.

If I remember correctly, the boy whose cells are used for vaccine development was aborted because his mother contracted rubella, which likely would have killed him anyway. I don't think she should have aborted him, because you never know and there is a chance he would have lived (albeit with serious birth defects). But, because his cells were used in research, a vaccine was developed that means that almost no one contracts rubella anymore which on the whole has saved many, many babies from a similar fate.
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The whole "done deal" response reminds me of the moral quandary that surrounds using the results of research from Nazi experiments on humans.
                  And Bayer, the company responsible for that research, is still in business. If most people knew about Bayer's origins, would they still support the company by buying their products, I wonder? Even the majority (I hope) of people who support abortion, wouldn't support the kinds of experiments carried out in concentration camps.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    It just causes another reason to "ethically" do more abortions in the future. For medical research, don't you know.
                    The cell lines we already have aren't going anywhere any time soon. If someone performed an abortion "to obtain more cell lines", it wouldn't be a valid reason and would rather be seen for the flimsy excuse it is.

Comment

I am not discussing those who think that taking the vaccine is dangerous, but the idea that it's ok to use aborted body parts for any type of research when adult stem cells or umbilical cord cells would serve the same purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                        The cell lines we already have aren't going anywhere any time soon. If someone performed an abortion "to obtain more cell lines", it wouldn't be a valid reason and would rather be seen for the flimsy excuse it is.
                        Anything is a valid reason to murder more babies according to the pro-death proponents.

Comment

It isn't fake news. The article says the cell line is from abortions done decades ago.
                          Precisely, it is a cell line derived decades ago from an aborted fetus.

However it is wrong to say that aborted fetuses are used in vaccines. They simply aren't.

Comment

I am not discussing those who think that taking the vaccine is dangerous, but the idea that it's ok to use aborted body parts for any type of research when adult stem cells or umbilical cord cells would serve the same purpose.
                            Body parts! There are no body parts being used in the production or development of these vaccines. They used a cell lines derived decades ago.

Comment

Body parts! There are no body parts being used in the production or development of these vaccines. They used a cell lines derived decades ago.
                              I don't care that the cell lines were derived from murdered babies decades ago. The concept is wrong from an ethical and spiritual point of view, and what's stopping abortion advocates to continue to use these cells from more recent abortions (as the one article I posted mentions) for other unethical research?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X