Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Exemplification of the PHONIESS of the left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exemplification of the PHONIESS of the left.

The thing I can't stand probably the most is phoniness, even more than a narcissistic jackass like Trump, especially when MSM uses that phoniness to manipulate societal opinion and create political division. Case in point...

Yeah, that was rich!!! And what these birdbrained self-righteous newsdudes don't realize is that deaf people who read lips HATE those masks on alleged reporters.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And just to expound on this. There's now the story of the black man that was literally suffocated by a Minneapolis police officer that the MSM is in full-on sensational mode, which is actually causing riots in the city as we speak. Now I think most would agree, this was wrong, and tragic and hopefully justice will be served. But there was another tragedy of a black man in a nursing home brutally beating a white elderly man that got very little to no attention, certainly not anywhere near as much as the former story. Persoanlly, I don't believe either story should have been sensationalized, particularly for political reasons, and the reason I believe this is WILLFUL deceit on the part of the MSM is not only the lopsided attention the two stories are being given, but the fact we don't know if the police officer's motives were racially motivated (this is assumed), whereas the man beating up the elderly man was IN FACT racially motivated. I don't understand why the MSM is intentionally doing this -- creating these racial and political divides (even using false narratives to do it) -- but it's disgusting to me and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        And just to expound on this. There's now the story of the black man that was literally suffocated by a Minneapolis police officer that the MSM is in full-on sensational mode, which is actually causing riots in the city as we speak. Now I think most would agree, this was wrong, and tragic and hopefully justice will be served. But there was another tragedy of a black man in a nursing home brutally beating a white elderly man that got very little to no attention, certainly not anywhere near as much as the former story. Persoanlly, I don't believe either story should have been sensationalized, particularly for political reasons, and the reason I believe this is WILLFUL deceit on the part of the MSM is not only the lopsided attention the two stories are being given, but the fact we don't know if the police officer's motives were racially motivated (this is assumed), whereas the man beating up the elderly man was IN FACT racially motivated. I don't understand why the MSM is intentionally doing this -- creating these racial and political divides (even using false narratives to do it) -- but it's disgusting to me and dangerous.
        Do you really not understand why an unjustified killing by a police officer is treated 10x as seriously as an unjustified killing by a private citizen?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Do you really not understand why an unjustified killing by a police officer is treated 10x as seriously as an unjustified killing by a private citizen?
          Ahmaud Arbery wasn't killed by a police officer, and again, the racial motivation behind that is assumed, whereas the black guy brutally beating up the white elderly man WAS racially motivated. The fact that these instances can be construed as racially motivated (as white racism) is the reason they're being sensationalized. It's very clear pattern.

But the main point is the MSM going out of their way to create lopsided societal divides, whether it's racial or political, even if it means creating false narratives -- like they did in the OP video -- to do it. It's bizarre to me that they're doing this, and it's clearly having negative repercussions.

Comment

I do. And it grieves police officers who are doing it right, because they take the heat.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ahmaud Arbery wasn't killed by a police officer, and again, the racial motivation behind that is assumed, whereas the black guy brutally beating up the white elderly man WAS racially motivated. The fact that these instances can be construed as racially motivated (as white racism) is the reason they're being sensationalized. It's very clear pattern.
              Arbery isn't the man who was suffocated. You're so anxious to demonize "the left" you can't even keep your racial killings straight.

But the main point is the MSM going out of their way to create lopsided societal divides, whether it's racial or political, even if it means creating false narratives -- like they did in the OP video -- to do it. It's bizarre to me that they're doing this, and it's clearly having negative repercussions.
              I watched the first minute of that video and couldn't figure out what point you were trying to make.

Let me ask you this -- do you understand the difference between something being true in technicality and something being true in spirit? And do you understand why we might prefer to present something as true in spirit at the cost of technicality sometimes even when our goal is to be as truthful as possible?

Comment

I thought this was about the masks.

Comment

Masks are a new form of virtue signaling.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Masks are a new form of virtue signaling.
                    Very much so. Did you see the video of the girl who got run out of the store by a bunch of self-righteous virtue-signaling crazy women lunatics because ----- oh my LORD!!! --- she wasn't wearing a mask!!!!

WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE!!!!!

Staten Island Shoppers Gang Up on Woman ... No Mask, Git Outta Here!!!
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-27-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Arbery isn't the man who was suffocated. You're so anxious to demonize "the left" you can't even keep your racial killings straight.

I watched the first minute of that video and couldn't figure out what point you were trying to make.
                      I know the man choked to death wasn't Arbery, dumbass. I said there's an obvious pattern to these things -- racially charged narratives that are oftentimes false, sensationalized by the MSM that way. The rest of what you said is just your failed attempt to explain away the demonstrated hypocrisy and PHONINESS of the left media and their embarrassment of being exposed in that particular case.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I thought this was about the masks.
                        It is, but there's a greater point to it. They fake these narratives to create societal division (though I don't know if that's their motive, that's always the end result). As in the case of the masks, they're perpetuating the narrative that there is a stark political divide between the left -- who wear masks because they adhere to the SCIENCE -- and the right -- who adhere to Trump/anti-science. This creates political tension and results in hysteria and violence that we're seeing manifested in pockets of society (you just pointed out one instance of it). They do the same exact thing with race as well.

Comment

It is, but there's a greater point to it. They fake these narratives to create societal division (though I don't know if that's their motive, that's always the end result). As in the case of the masks, they're perpetuating the narrative that there is a stark political divide between the left -- who wear masks because they adhere to the SCIENCE -- and the right -- who adhere to Trump/anti-science. This creates political tension and results in hysteria and violence that we're seeing manifested in pockets of society (you just pointed out one instance of it). They do the same exact thing with race as well.
                          Yeah, they no longer report news - they CREATE "news".

Comment

The thing I can't stand probably the most is phoniness, even more than a narcissistic jackass like Trump, especially when MSM uses that phoniness to manipulate societal opinion and create political division. Case in point...

"Including the cameraman... ...and half your crew..."

Absolute gold, right there.

I suspect the reporter was wearing a mask to cover his embarrassment...
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I do. And it grieves police officers who are doing it right, because they take the heat.
                              Overnight, my police friends (and relatives) expressed unambiguous anger, disdain, horror..... this is about as clear a case as you can get to inexcusable abuse. Mind you, there are too many cases of abuse, but some of them have at least a hint of justification - like when the guy has a gun, or fights, or there had been a high speed chase and adrenaline is pumping.... my son-in-law, the Lieutenant - said it best --- the officer standing by the officer doing the neck crunch outta be arrested as an accessory to murder, because he should have put a stop to this.

I haven't found a single police officer who hasn't expressed absolute 100% disgust and disdain. "It makes our job so much harder...."

Comment