Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Exemplification of the PHONIESS of the left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing these news pundits sitting behind their air conditioned desks never had to wear a mask in 95F degree weather on a beach.

With all of the wind at a beach and the sun, it is very unlikely someone could catch the virus. It would be dispersed and killed by UV almost instantly.

Also, people have been doing this for a month now, and since the average incubation period is about 3-5 days (it CAN be up to 14 but most are about 3-5 days) then we should already be seeing this enormous spike in new cases that they keep harping about. Where is it?

The numbers of new cases are still going down.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Arbery isn't the man who was suffocated. You're so anxious to demonize "the left" you can't even keep your racial killings straight.
      The demonization is of the media, and they deserve it for exploiting tragedy - in fact fomenting tragedy - for profit and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Overnight, my police friends (and relatives) expressed unambiguous anger, disdain, horror..... this is about as clear a case as you can get to inexcusable abuse. Mind you, there are too many cases of abuse, but some of them have at least a hint of justification - like when the guy has a gun, or fights, or there had been a high speed chase and adrenaline is pumping.... my son-in-law, the Lieutenant - said it best --- the officer standing by the officer doing the neck crunch outta be arrested as an accessory to murder, because he should have put a stop to this.

I haven't found a single police officer who hasn't expressed absolute 100% disgust and disdain. "It makes our job so much harder...."
        I have: The other officers that stood around and did nothing, and watched while Floyd slowly suffocated to death.

I have a massive distrust of police for this reason. Even if they aren't abusive they have a tendency to look the other way - or actively defend the bullies and abusers in their ranks.

I'm sure your relatives are upstanding officers. But, for me, it is really difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          "Including the cameraman... ...and half your crew..."

Absolute gold, right there.
          Exactly. The "reporter" was obviously speechless. There was nothing to be said in defense.

And it is ironic that he directed a camera sweep right at the guy (whom he hoped to humiliate on TV) who in turn humiliated HIM. Absolutely great. Hypocrisy fully exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            Do you really not understand why an unjustified killing by a police officer is treated 10x as seriously as an unjustified killing by a private citizen?
            Apparently not.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I am guessing these news pundits sitting behind their air conditioned desks never had to wear a mask in 95F degree weather on a beach.

With all of the wind at a beach and the sun, it is very unlikely someone could catch the virus. It would be dispersed and killed by UV almost instantly.

Also, people have been doing this for a month now, and since the average incubation period is about 3-5 days (it CAN be up to 14 but most are about 3-5 days) then we should already be seeing this enormous spike in new cases that they keep harping about. Where is it?

The numbers of new cases are still going down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45071[/ATTACH]
              Look again, the tail is flat, it stopped going down about a week after states started opening up.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Very much so. Did you see the video of the girl who got run out of the store by a bunch of self-righteous virtue-signaling crazy women lunatics because ----- oh my LORD!!! --- she wasn't wearing a mask!!!!

WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE!!!!!

Staten Island Shoppers Gang Up on Woman ... No Mask, Git Outta Here!!!
                As they should have.

1) She was a danger to everyone in the store
                2) a show of force has been required by those willing to attack, to the extent of capitol murder, those trying to enforce mask laws.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  As they should have.
                  wow
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Ahmaud Arbery wasn't killed by a police officer, and again, the racial motivation behind that is assumed, whereas the black guy brutally beating up the white elderly man WAS racially motivated. The fact that these instances can be construed as racially motivated (as white racism) is the reason they're being sensationalized. It's very clear pattern.

But the main point is the MSM going out of their way to create lopsided societal divides, whether it's racial or political, even if it means creating false narratives -- like they did in the OP video -- to do it. It's bizarre to me that they're doing this, and it's clearly having negative repercussions.
                    That is the ideological spin of the right.

Here is a dose of reality wrt reporting police violence against citizens, or pointing out societal ills like racism.

If you lived in a country where a citizen killing a citizen were as likely or more likely to hit the news that a killing by a police officer or other state authority, you would be living in a country with state run media. An oppressive state where abuses of power are routinely buried.

The single most important function of a free press is to expose potential abuses of power by the governing authorities.

Your conservative spin zone are trying to get you to reject that most important function and be critical of them and not the authorities abusing their power. Outrage is the natural consequence of reporting an abuse of power. And a divide between those aligned with the abusing power and those abused by it is inevitable. But Good people, people of conscience, must never find themselves supporting the abusers.

Think about what would happen if the thing you are wishing for actually were to happen. If the press was muzzled and could no longer emphasize and make a really big deal out of potential abuses of power by state authorities. Or about likely racist murders buried by those same state authorities perhaps to protect 'one of their own'. Where the press tended to blindly support those authorities, muddying their objectivity in the worst possible way.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

wow
                      I know. And the fact you removed the explanation for that sentence says something very bad about you CP, far worse actually than what the sentence you quote out of context says about me.

The reality is in a world with covid19 and an irresponsible president and conservative media outlets willing to promote irresponsible group behavior, it may well be necessary for fools influence by them to be publically shamed when they put other people's lives in jeopardy with their foolishness and resist correcting their behavior.

Bottom line, if you are in a close space with lots of people, wear a mask. Especially if the state law and/or the sign on the door says it is required.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-28-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        I know. And the fact you removed the explanation for that sentence says something very bad about you CP, far worse actually than what the sentence you quote out of context says about me.
                        This is you being kind?

The reality is in a world with covid19 and an irresponsible president and conservative media outlets willing to promote irresponsible group behavior, it may well be necessary for fools influence by them to be publically shamed when they put other people's lives in jeopardy with their foolishness and resist correcting their behavior.

Bottom line, if you are in a close space with lots of people, wear a mask. Especially if the state law and/or the sign on the door says it is required.
                        I'm just amazed that you seem to approve of the "mob rule" manner in which they 'addressed' this problem.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's a weird irony in how mask wearing has become a left vs. right flashpoint. Mask wearing allows the economy to open up more quickly, and it's no secret that a recovered economy is good for Trump's re-election prospect. Yet in practice this is playing off in the opposite manner.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm just amazed that you seem to approve of the "mob rule" manner in which they 'addressed' this problem.
                            Although I admit that is one way my post could be interpreted, what I actually approve of is citizens refusing to allow foolish or otherwise selfish individuals to put others in danger.

Would you object to a crowd subduing a fellow coming in the store wildly swinging a knife? I mean, he might not mean any harm I suppose, the poor fellow could just be incredibly naive or lack reasonable self awareness. But either way, he's gonna hurt someone and the people in the store preventing that would be a good and necessary thing.

So the problem here is that the people outraged by that response are simply ignorant as to the potential danger that unmasked women presented to the rest of the people in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              There's a weird irony in how mask wearing has become a left vs. right flashpoint. Mask wearing allows the economy to open up more quickly, and it's no secret that a recovered economy is good for Trump's re-election prospect. Yet in practice this is playing off in the opposite manner.
                              Yeah, but I think it goes back to how scrambled this whole thing has been, with Fauci first saying mask wearing wasn't necessary, and, in fact, problematic (supposedly, in retrospect, because they wanted to make more masks available to first responders) and - add to that - the incredibly draconian manner in which people like the Governor of Michigan and some of the more liberal governors and mayors are going overboard with the lockdown, and the inconsistent manner in which it is applied.... it really does look like a bitterly partisan issue.

I got a haircut this morning, and I took my mask in case they wanted me to wear it --- the owner told me "no, we'll wear the masks - and we're working behind you, so...."

If they had wanted me to wear a mask, I certainly would have, but it would have made the haircut a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I've wondered the same thing. The politics of anti-masknon the right actually undermines the potential success of reopening. The message, especially from the right, should be 'wear your masks so we have a chance of safely getting our economy back on solid footing'.

Comment