Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Exemplification of the PHONIESS of the left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    On a fairly regular basis elsewhere. Even when I've been nothing but polite I've been lashed out at as some kind of monster. You have done that to me as well for simply not agreeing that Trump is the worst president ever.
    Actually, I have never lashed out at you for 'not agreeing that Trump was the worst president ever'.

Do you have an example of something I've said to you that you felt was the equivalent of "Lashing out at you for not agreeing that Trump was the worst president ever"? (If you do, please link to the associated post so we both have access to the entire context)
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-02-2020, 11:50 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Actually, I have never lashed out at you for 'not agreeing that Trump was the worst president ever'.

Do you have an example of something I've said to you that you felt was the equivalent of "Lashing out at you for not agreeing that Trump was the worst president ever"? (If you do, please link to the associated post so we both have access to the entire context)
      Searching for the post series on here, especially given how much Trump is a topic, is like searching for a single straw of hay in a haystack. Given how bad TWeb's search system is only compounds the problem. Normally I would oblige, but in this case digging up these old posts is a lost cause.

I can get an example of you attacking me for my posts on an unrelated issue simply due to what you believe about Trump, and not about what I actually believed. Here is where I start posting. Your immediate response is to start attacking both myself and Trump. Even after my clarification that my beliefs on the issue 1. had nothing to do with Trump, and 2. did have evidence to support them you still kept hammering at the issue with Trump.
      Last edited by Cerebrum123; 06-02-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Searching for the post series on here, especially given how much Trump is a topic, is like searching for a single straw of hay in a haystack. Given how bad TWeb's search system is only compounds the problem. Normally I would oblige, but in this case digging up these old posts is a lost cause.

I can get an example of you attacking me for my posts on an unrelated issue simply due to what you believe about Trump, and not about what I actually believed. Here is where I start posting. Your immediate response is to start attacking both myself and Trump. Even after my clarification that my beliefs on the issue 1. had nothing to do with Trump, and 2. did have evidence to support them you still kept hammering at the issue with Trump.
        Your second link is malformed and doesn't work, you might want to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Your second link is malformed and doesn't work, you might want to fix that.
          Thanks, and it should be working now.

Comment

I look it over and the surrounding context. You are correct - I was far to aggressive with you based on the content of your post and the thread.

Please accept my apologies.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I look it over and the surrounding context. You are correct - I was far to aggressive with you based on the content of your post and the thread.

Please accept my apologies.
              I mean, I'm glad to see you've calmed down, and can see how that was now, but there has been a pattern here. You get all upset over something Trump related, take it out on others, and then later apologize. This is like the third or fourth time now. The more it happens the harder it becomes to believe you are actually sorry. I will keep forgiving, but I can't keep up believing that you are really sorry if this keeps up. Way too much experience in my past with people who make fake apologies, and I'm not going to put myself through that kind of thing again.

Comment

I mean, I'm glad to see you've calmed down, and can see how that was now, but there has been a pattern here. You get all upset over something Trump related, take it out on others, and then later apologize. This is like the third or fourth time now. The more it happens the harder it becomes to believe you are actually sorry. I will keep forgiving, but I can't keep up believing that you are really sorry if this keeps up. Way too much experience in my past with people who make fake apologies, and I'm not going to put myself through that kind of thing again.
                There was nothing insincere about my apology.

Comment

There was nothing insincere about my apology.
                  I'm not saying that in this case it wasn't sincere. I'm just saying that if the pattern holds, I can't keep believing the apologies are sincere.

Comment

I'm not saying that in this case it wasn't sincere. I'm just saying that if the pattern holds, I can't keep believing the apologies are sincere.
                    AFAIK, I have never lied on this site. So if I say I'm sorry about something, that is simply the truth.

However, this particular thing is sort of along the lines of "I stepped on your foot accidentally". I would never intentionally step on your foot. Likewise, it is never my intent to be aggressive in my tone with anyone here unless they have first been aggressive with me. When I looked at your link, I was genuinely surprised that there was no provocation, yet I responded to you as if there had been. And that is why I am genuinely surprised and humbled by it. And why I am giving you a complete and unconditional apology for it.

Comment

AFAIK, I have never lied on this site. So if I say I'm sorry about something, that is simply the truth.

However, this particular thing is sort of along the lines of "I stepped on your foot accidentally". I would never intentionally step on your foot. Likewise, it is never my intent to be aggressive in my tone with anyone here unless they have first been aggressive with me. When I looked at your link, I was genuinely surprised that there was no provocation, yet I responded to you as if there had been. And that is why I am genuinely surprised and humbled by it. And why I am giving you a complete and unconditional apology for it.
                      I'm not accusing you of lying. I'm trying to explain how this all looks from my end, especially based on my past experience with other people. Apologies followed by a lack of change in the person apologizing eventually ring hollow, even if the person sincerely believes they are really sorry, or even actually are really sorry. Apologies losing their effectiveness over time can be associated with how sincere/insincere a person is, but that isn't always the case.

The "accidentally stepping on your foot" analogy is actually one I can use to explain some things. I have a medical condition that causes any source of pain to be magnified immensely, and for things that should not cause pain to do so. If someone repeatedly steps on your foot by accident, and shows no signs of stopping in the future despite apologizing, even profusely at times, it's not much help is it? Eventually you have to stop putting yourself in a position that you can get stepped on, if you can help it that is.

I am not trying to say you are one of these people I've mentioned. I am trying to lay out why I see things as I do.

Comment

I'm not accusing you of lying. I'm trying to explain how this all looks from my end, especially based on my past experience with other people. Apologies followed by a lack of change in the person apologizing eventually ring hollow, even if the person sincerely believes they are really sorry, or even actually are really sorry. Apologies losing their effectiveness over time can be associated with how sincere/insincere a person is, but that isn't always the case.

The "accidentally stepping on your foot" analogy is actually one I can use to explain some things. I have a medical condition that causes any source of pain to be magnified immensely, and for things that should not cause pain to do so. If someone repeatedly steps on your foot by accident, and shows no signs of stopping in the future despite apologizing, even profusely at times, it's not much help is it? Eventually you have to stop putting yourself in a position that you can get stepped on, if you can help it that is.

I am not trying to say you are one of these people I've mentioned. I am trying to lay out why I see things as I do.
                        ok - thanks.

Comment

More leftwing media phoniness exposed. While they preach to us how racist America and Trump is against blacks (pushing a divisive racism epidemic narrative that is simply and provably false), this is what goes on with the network heads behind the scenes...

At CNN...

Former CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien made stunning claims on Saturday that a network exec once told her she could only have the "right kind" of black guests on her show.

Reacting to the controversy that has rocked ABC News over the weekend, O'Brien reflected on her time at CNN and indicated that a network executive discouraged her to sit down with black radio host Roland Martin.

"This is an interesting read. Reminds me of the CNN exec who told me: 'Roland Martin isn’t the ‘right kind of’ Black person.' She didn’t want me to book him on my show. L," O'Brien tweeted.

The tweet included an "L" at the end, though it is unclear if that was alluding to the unnamed CNN executive or a typo.

She added that, according to the network executive, New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow, who was a frequent guest of hers, was the "right kind of black."
                          At ABC...

A report from Huffington Post's Yashar Ali lays out damning accusations of Fedida and her treatment of black journalists at the network.

In 2018, during a contentious meeting about renewing “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts's contract, Fedida reportedly "asked what more Roberts could want and said it wasn’t as if the network was asking Roberts to 'pick cotton.'"

Fedida also reportedly referred to "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin as "low rent."

A report from Huffington Post's Yashar Ali lays out damning accusations of Fedida and her treatment of black journalists at the network.

In 2018, during a contentious meeting about renewing “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts's contract, Fedida reportedly "asked what more Roberts could want and said it wasn’t as if the network was asking Roberts to 'pick cotton.'"

Fedida also reportedly referred to "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin as "low rent."

Fedida was reportedly dismissive of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) despite her role of elevating diversity at the network. Unlike most network executives, she would skip the organization's annual convention.

A letter from NABJ was reportedly sent to Goldston laying out ambitions to increase diversity, including having one senior black producer on every program and interviewing black candidates for all job openings.

However, Fedida, along with other executives, reportedly referred to the letter as a "black manifesto."

Comment

I do not like masks. I have to tell them I have to read lips. Most of them have been willing to accommodate me...but I wonder when I will encounter the one who won't.

God willing, never.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment