Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Exemplification of the PHONIESS of the left.

  1. #11
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,870
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1414
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Arbery isn't the man who was suffocated. You're so anxious to demonize "the left" you can't even keep your racial killings straight.



    I watched the first minute of that video and couldn't figure out what point you were trying to make.
    I know the man choked to death wasn't Arbery, dumbass. I said there's an obvious pattern to these things -- racially charged narratives that are oftentimes false, sensationalized by the MSM that way. The rest of what you said is just your failed attempt to explain away the demonstrated hypocrisy and PHONINESS of the left media and their embarrassment of being exposed in that particular case.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  2. #12
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,870
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1414
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought this was about the masks.
    It is, but there's a greater point to it. They fake these narratives to create societal division (though I don't know if that's their motive, that's always the end result). As in the case of the masks, they're perpetuating the narrative that there is a stark political divide between the left -- who wear masks because they adhere to the SCIENCE -- and the right -- who adhere to Trump/anti-science. This creates political tension and results in hysteria and violence that we're seeing manifested in pockets of society (you just pointed out one instance of it). They do the same exact thing with race as well.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  3. #13
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,671
    Amen (Given)
    14015
    Amen (Received)
    28872
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    It is, but there's a greater point to it. They fake these narratives to create societal division (though I don't know if that's their motive, that's always the end result). As in the case of the masks, they're perpetuating the narrative that there is a stark political divide between the left -- who wear masks because they adhere to the SCIENCE -- and the right -- who adhere to Trump/anti-science. This creates political tension and results in hysteria and violence that we're seeing manifested in pockets of society (you just pointed out one instance of it). They do the same exact thing with race as well.
    Yeah, they no longer report news - they CREATE "news".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #14
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,871
    Amen (Given)
    1470
    Amen (Received)
    2037
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    The thing I can't stand probably the most is phoniness, even more than a narcissistic jackass like Trump, especially when MSM uses that phoniness to manipulate societal opinion and create political division. Case in point...

    "Including the cameraman... ...and half your crew..."

    Absolute gold, right there.


    I suspect the reporter was wearing a mask to cover his embarrassment...
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  5. Amen Ronson amen'd this post.
  6. #15
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,671
    Amen (Given)
    14015
    Amen (Received)
    28872
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I do. And it grieves police officers who are doing it right, because they take the heat.
    Overnight, my police friends (and relatives) expressed unambiguous anger, disdain, horror..... this is about as clear a case as you can get to inexcusable abuse. Mind you, there are too many cases of abuse, but some of them have at least a hint of justification - like when the guy has a gun, or fights, or there had been a high speed chase and adrenaline is pumping.... my son-in-law, the Lieutenant - said it best --- the officer standing by the officer doing the neck crunch outta be arrested as an accessory to murder, because he should have put a stop to this.

    I haven't found a single police officer who hasn't expressed absolute 100% disgust and disdain. "It makes our job so much harder...."
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. Amen Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
  8. #16
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,636
    Amen (Given)
    5601
    Amen (Received)
    23885
    I am guessing these news pundits sitting behind their air conditioned desks never had to wear a mask in 95F degree weather on a beach.

    With all of the wind at a beach and the sun, it is very unlikely someone could catch the virus. It would be dispersed and killed by UV almost instantly.

    Also, people have been doing this for a month now, and since the average incubation period is about 3-5 days (it CAN be up to 14 but most are about 3-5 days) then we should already be seeing this enormous spike in new cases that they keep harping about. Where is it?

    The numbers of new cases are still going down.

    ScreenHunter_.jpg

  9. #17
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    886
    Amen (Given)
    124
    Amen (Received)
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Arbery isn't the man who was suffocated. You're so anxious to demonize "the left" you can't even keep your racial killings straight.
    The demonization is of the media, and they deserve it for exploiting tragedy - in fact fomenting tragedy - for profit and politics.

  10. #18
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    886
    Amen (Given)
    124
    Amen (Received)
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Overnight, my police friends (and relatives) expressed unambiguous anger, disdain, horror..... this is about as clear a case as you can get to inexcusable abuse. Mind you, there are too many cases of abuse, but some of them have at least a hint of justification - like when the guy has a gun, or fights, or there had been a high speed chase and adrenaline is pumping.... my son-in-law, the Lieutenant - said it best --- the officer standing by the officer doing the neck crunch outta be arrested as an accessory to murder, because he should have put a stop to this.

    I haven't found a single police officer who hasn't expressed absolute 100% disgust and disdain. "It makes our job so much harder...."
    I have: The other officers that stood around and did nothing, and watched while Floyd slowly suffocated to death.

    I have a massive distrust of police for this reason. Even if they aren't abusive they have a tendency to look the other way - or actively defend the bullies and abusers in their ranks.

    I'm sure your relatives are upstanding officers. But, for me, it is really difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

  11. #19
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    886
    Amen (Given)
    124
    Amen (Received)
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    "Including the cameraman... ...and half your crew..."

    Absolute gold, right there.
    Exactly. The "reporter" was obviously speechless. There was nothing to be said in defense.

    And it is ironic that he directed a camera sweep right at the guy (whom he hoped to humiliate on TV) who in turn humiliated HIM. Absolutely great. Hypocrisy fully exposed.

  12. #20
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,876
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2073
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Do you really not understand why an unjustified killing by a police officer is treated 10x as seriously as an unjustified killing by a private citizen?
    Apparently not.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •