Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100,000 Americans have died from coronavirus

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    They were saying that we could reach 100,000 at least a month ago but hoped they wouldn't. They also said without the measures taken, we could have had 1.2 million deaths.
    "They" did? Trump says that constantantly. We keep passing his predictions, his first being 15, and just now past his last prediction of 100,000.
    Last edited by JimL; 05-28-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The point is in Charles first sentence. "The President claimed he had it all under control."
    Well, yeah, I think Charles is playing loose with the truth, because the actual objectionable quote was not....

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    So, the president claimed he had it all under control, but:
    When, I believe the actual quote was...

"It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

"we", not "he". Let's tell the truth when complaining about a lie.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, yeah, I think Charles is playing loose with the truth, because the actual objectionable quote was not....

When, I believe the actual quote was...

"It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

"we", not "he". Let's tell the truth when complaining about a lie.
    "We" means His Administration.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "We" means His Administration.
    Yeah, which is not "he". Thanks for your help, bruh! We'll get that ol' rascal Charles after all!!!!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Cases are exploding in Alabama. Yikes.

alabama.jpg

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    True, the spike hasn't stopped in the US, once you subtract New York it is going up.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The point is in Charles first sentence. "The President claimed he had it all under control." And yet the control he had was in doing nothing but talk. He claimed it would, like a miracle, just disappear. He claimed we have 15 cases now, in a week we'll have ZERO. We now, just 3+ months later have over 1.7 millon confirmed cases and over 100,000 deaths. He claimed he had sufficient testing, we still don't. The CDC, OSHA and the FDA, under his dictatorial control, have virtually been missing in action. And now, even though the spike in the country as a whole is rising, still lacking the testing crucially needed to contain, he wants to open up the economy. Then he constantly lies in order to cover up his ineptitude, his inaction, while the professionals in his own Administration are then forced to contradict him. The president doesn't get to Monday morning quaterback, he is the quaterback, he lost the game and needs to be removed in November for the disaster he allowed to happen, as well as for other reasons.
    Lacks any citation or source. All you've given here is a string of assertions about what (you believe) Trump has said and done. Since you're clearly an anti-Trump partisan, there is no more reason to accept your opinion on this than there would be to accept the opposing view of a pro-Trump partisan.

IOW - a worthless string of unsupported assertions, not an argument.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Lacks any citation or source. All you've given here is a string of assertions about what (you believe) Trump has said and done. Since you're clearly an anti-Trump partisan, there is no more reason to accept your opinion on this than there would be to accept the opposing view of a pro-Trump partisan.

IOW - a worthless string of unsupported assertions, not an argument.
    If you're actually interested you can fact check me, if you're not, then you're not.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    So, the president claimed he had it all under control
    Well it was under Trump's control. He just chose to act in such a way as to have this outcome. 100k Americans dead, and rising. Who knows when it will end?

Meanwhile, in news in my own country of New Zealand today, after 7 days recording zero new Covid cases despite intensive daily testing, we are down to 1 person total in the country who currently has Covid. That means the new leader of our right-wing party (fortunately not running the government) personally owns more MAGA hats in his political memorabilia collection than the number of people in the country who have Covid. Worth noting that our Covid deaths per capita for the entire pandemic combined is about the same as the US's current daily Covid deaths per capita.
    Last edited by Starlight; 05-28-2020 at 07:42 PM.

11. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you're actually interested you can fact check me, if you're not, then you're not.
    No. You do your own work. Provide your sources, or be ignored as a blowhard.

I provide my sources when I make claims like the ones you have made.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.