Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Trump Voters Don't Care...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Trump Voters Don't Care...

About the left's virtue signaling...

This letter written by the dead woman’s husband asking Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to take down the offending Trump tweets is heart-wrenching. It’s exactly the kind of behavior I feared Trump was capable of in 2016 and loomed large in my mind when I made the decision not to vote for him.

So there’s your ritual malediction against Trump, necessary though it may be. Please don’t pretend to be outraged when now it must be explained, once more with feeling, why a torrent of new condemnations of Trump’s indefensible behavior will have no effect on his supporters or the political dynamic heading into November and beyond. And don’t confuse that with approval of Trump’s rhetoric or tweets.

Double Standards

A U.S. senator read into the congressional record accusations, wholly without evidence, that an honorable and accomplished man is a gang-rapist for no reason other than that fair democratic elections have rendered them politically impotent to stop his nomination to the Supreme Court. When this happens and, in turn, is enabled and cheered on by the media industrial complex, don’t expect Trump supporters to feel convicted or responsible for what Trump does or says.

When nearly every major news agency in the country is implicated in the vicious social media pile-on and physical threats directed at a Catholic high school kid for the crime of wearing a MAGA hat, to the point outlets such as CNN are quietly settling libel suits, you start to see why Trump voters are nonplussed right now.

When Trump is singled out for his outrageous comments, while Joe Biden gets portrayed as an avuncular goofball for decades of horrifying behavior, it starts to make sense why Trump voters can’t be bothered to care. In 2012, Biden told black voters Mitt Romney was going to “put y’all back in chains.” That’s about as vicious as it gets. Since Biden started running for president in 2020, he has actually threatened to hit another voter who questioned him about his campaign’s addled position on gun rights. He’s also called a voter fat and a liar, and challenged him to an IQ test because he had the audacity to ask Biden about his son’s suspect million-dollars-a-year at a dodgy Ukrainian gas company.

In case you’re wondering if there are any media double standards at work here when Biden gratuitously insults people, this is CNN: “In a human moment defending his son, Biden showed the authenticity, emotion and readiness for a fight that appeals to so many Democrats as they look for someone who can take on Trump...”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/26...nsible-tweets/
    Last edited by seer; 05-28-2020, 07:35 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Yep. That kind of reporting is what hardens people in their support for Trump, whether he's right or wrong about something.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      About the left's virtue signaling...
      Originally posted by article
      you start to see why Trump voters are nonplussed right now
      I'm not even a Trump "supporter" - I've never voted for him - but the media isn't going to lead me around by the nose in its practice of double standards. If Trump pulled a boner with his tweet (I never read tweets so I don't know) then he leaves himself open to a civil suit. Apparently Twitter didn't think it merited pulling it down. I guess they added a disclaimer to cover themselves legally, though.

Comment

The sins of one shouldn't lessen and excuse the sins of another, but here we are apparently.

Comment

I think it is unprofessional for Trump, as POTUS to be posting rumors and conspiracy theories. He should be above that. Or at least pretend to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I think it is unprofessional for Trump, as POTUS to be posting rumors and conspiracy theories. He should be above that. Or at least pretend to be.
            I agree, but I don't care...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I agree Trump is unprofessional. At least conservatives have now forever lost the high horse.

Comment

You have to admit, though, you do have a habit of getting outraged by statements made by other people you don't politically agree with and starting threads about these statements.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If you didn't care, you wouldn't state this. You care, there's just nothing you can do about it.

Comment

I care in the sense that it's a political blunder. He's obviously doing it to redirect attention from Biden onto himself. I firmly believe that, since the negative spotlight was on Biden over the weekend and his "you ain't black" comment, which was a GOOD THING for Trump politically, because of his massive showman ego, he tweeted (or retweeted) a bunch scathing comments I believe just to get the spotlight back on him even if that spotlight was negative. He just wants the spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      You have to admit, though, you do have a habit of getting outraged by statements made by other people you don't politically agree with and starting threads about these statements.
                      Of course, because they are evil...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        I care in the sense that it's a political blunder. He's obviously doing it to redirect attention from Biden onto himself. I firmly believe that, since the negative spotlight was on Biden over the weekend and his "you ain't black" comment, which was a GOOD THING for Trump politically, because of his massive showman ego, he tweeted (or retweeted) a bunch scathing comments I believe just to get the spotlight back on him even if that spotlight was negative. He just wants the spotlight
                        Right he is constantly stepping on his own tie...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          Yep. That kind of reporting is what hardens people in their support for Trump, whether he's right or wrong about something.
                          No, its Supreme Court nominations to support a religious agenda. Oh yes! and the Extreme right with Trump appeals to.

Yes, Trump voters do not care.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-29-2020, 10:07 AM.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            037DEF6A-B925-4FAC-AE8D-28336F7C2B28.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              No, its Supreme Court nominations to support a religious agenda. Oh yes! and the Extreme right with Trump appeals to.

Yes, Trump voters do not care.
                              Trumps not nominating toadie Judges to support a religious agenda, he wants the religious to believe that, but he is nominating them in order that they do his bidding. In the end, he couldn't care any less about the religious agenda, he's just using them and they are to naive to recognize it. Trump has the Justice dept. in hand, he's ridding the system of any independent oversight of him and his Administration and toadie loyalist Judges will give him the dictatorial powers he is aiming at. Once he has that he couldn't care less about the religious agenda.

Comment