Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Trump Voters Don't Care...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why Trump Voters Don't Care...

About the left's virtue signaling...

This letter written by the dead womanís husband asking Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to take down the offending Trump tweets is heart-wrenching. Itís exactly the kind of behavior I feared Trump was capable of in 2016 and loomed large in my mind when I made the decision not to vote for him.

So thereís your ritual malediction against Trump, necessary though it may be. Please donít pretend to be outraged when now it must be explained, once more with feeling, why a torrent of new condemnations of Trumpís indefensible behavior will have no effect on his supporters or the political dynamic heading into November and beyond. And donít confuse that with approval of Trumpís rhetoric or tweets.

Double Standards

A U.S. senator read into the congressional record accusations, wholly without evidence, that an honorable and accomplished man is a gang-rapist for no reason other than that fair democratic elections have rendered them politically impotent to stop his nomination to the Supreme Court. When this happens and, in turn, is enabled and cheered on by the media industrial complex, donít expect Trump supporters to feel convicted or responsible for what Trump does or says.

When nearly every major news agency in the country is implicated in the vicious social media pile-on and physical threats directed at a Catholic high school kid for the crime of wearing a MAGA hat, to the point outlets such as CNN are quietly settling libel suits, you start to see why Trump voters are nonplussed right now.

When Trump is singled out for his outrageous comments, while Joe Biden gets portrayed as an avuncular goofball for decades of horrifying behavior, it starts to make sense why Trump voters canít be bothered to care. In 2012, Biden told black voters Mitt Romney was going to ďput yíall back in chains.Ē Thatís about as vicious as it gets. Since Biden started running for president in 2020, he has actually threatened to hit another voter who questioned him about his campaignís addled position on gun rights. Heís also called a voter fat and a liar, and challenged him to an IQ test because he had the audacity to ask Biden about his sonís suspect million-dollars-a-year at a dodgy Ukrainian gas company.

In case youíre wondering if there are any media double standards at work here when Biden gratuitously insults people, this is CNN: ďIn a human moment defending his son, Biden showed the authenticity, emotion and readiness for a fight that appeals to so many Democrats as they look for someone who can take on Trump...Ē

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/26...nsible-tweets/
    Last edited by seer; 05-28-2020 at 05:35 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

2. Amen Ronson amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yep. That kind of reporting is what hardens people in their support for Trump, whether he's right or wrong about something.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    About the left's virtue signaling...
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    you start to see why Trump voters are nonplussed right now
    I'm not even a Trump "supporter" - I've never voted for him - but the media isn't going to lead me around by the nose in its practice of double standards. If Trump pulled a boner with his tweet (I never read tweets so I don't know) then he leaves himself open to a civil suit. Apparently Twitter didn't think it merited pulling it down. I guess they added a disclaimer to cover themselves legally, though.

tWebber
    Faith
    Non-theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The sins of one shouldn't lessen and excuse the sins of another, but here we are apparently.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it is unprofessional for Trump, as POTUS to be posting rumors and conspiracy theories. He should be above that. Or at least pretend to be.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I think it is unprofessional for Trump, as POTUS to be posting rumors and conspiracy theories. He should be above that. Or at least pretend to be.
    I agree, but I don't care...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I agree Trump is unprofessional. At least conservatives have now forever lost the high horse.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You have to admit, though, you do have a habit of getting outraged by statements made by other people you don't politically agree with and starting threads about these statements.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you didn't care, you wouldn't state this. You care, there's just nothing you can do about it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I care in the sense that it's a political blunder. He's obviously doing it to redirect attention from Biden onto himself. I firmly believe that, since the negative spotlight was on Biden over the weekend and his "you ain't black" comment, which was a GOOD THING for Trump politically, because of his massive showman ego, he tweeted (or retweeted) a bunch scathing comments I believe just to get the spotlight back on him even if that spotlight was negative. He just wants the spotlight
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).