Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Bacon.
    Say a prayer for the country to day in church CP. That these riots stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      We quite regularly pray for our nation, but, yeah, this will be a major concern.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• These riots are probably gonna spike the COVID numbers too.

Comment

• There were dozens of people standing around filming this travesty, yet nobody called 911. One woman in the crowd even said she was a first responder, surely she should have called for an ambulance?

Comment

I just hate that the liberal media and government morons fuel the fire by their cowardly statements like - well, we totally understand why they would act that way - gosh, they've been oppressed for 400 years, so you have to give them space....

A) It's like you're assuming that these people aren't smart enough to be appealed to
            2) They're encouraging some who might not otherwise cross the line.

This Is Easy: Don’t Excuse, Defend, or Encourage Rioters

Also - no-one has been oppressed for 400 years - unless they're pretty much immortal.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Every single Christian must pray for those riots to stop.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                There are those who want to commit violent acts just for the heck of it. And there are those that want to legitimately protest an unjust police killing.
                As long as the peaceful protesters rights are protected, I will support the police in reigning in those committing acts of violence. I will not at all be okay with the presence of violent rioters being used as an excuse to shut down a moral protest.

Comment

Police shootings aren't a conservative issue, but a leftwing issue,
                  I thought both parties would be against police brutality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                    This afternoon, there was a peaceful protest in my city. About 2 hours ago, the burning cars and looting began. It's going to be a long night here.
                    Got through the night with no deaths or reported injuries. Several stores were looted. About eight arrests with more pending.

Police say they are going to release where the arrested people came from. I will be interested to see how many are local versus out of town.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Why shouldn't I unless I have evidence to the contrary? The riots were scattered across the country. Did some organization mobilize that fast around every major city in the country?
                      With the Internet and Social media, it's certainly possible.
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• I can't defend the police in this. The moment at 0:50 is really telling how bad they're acting at the moment.

Warning: The police officers are swearing a lot in general.

Last edited by Leonhard; 05-31-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          I'm not understanding that comment either, and I am a conservative.

Comment

Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor ---
                            Yes, but as usual the vast majority of the protesters were entirely peaceful, and the cops are using what you're saying as an excuse to attack everyone without any regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke
                              Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor --
                              And like you asked of me, just watch the video. I'm sure a row of old ladies holding up cardboard signs was enough of a threat that it took a row of armored police officers with billy clubs, rubber bullets and pepper spray to stop that threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                As long as the peaceful protesters rights are protected, I will support the police in reigning in those committing acts of violence. I will not at all be okay with the presence of violent rioters being used as an excuse to shut down a moral protest.
                                The problem is that the bad folks are mixed with the good folks. There really is not right or wrong solution here, but knowing how cops were acting during the shutdown, I think this can only get much worse. Law enforcement will be forced to get more aggressive which will then cause more anger. It'll be a feedback loop unfortunately. And now that the national guard are getting involved, no telling how this will evolve. But it probably ain't good.

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Leonard, context. I meant conservatives don't typically physically take to the streets because of police brutality. That's a leftwing thing. I didn't mean conservatives don't care about it. I guess I didn't really clarify there what I meant, but I thought I did in the subsequent posts. Maybe not.

Comment