Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 264

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

  1. #121
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,047
    Amen (Given)
    2252
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm not familiar with your friends.
    The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group that goes under various names dependent upon their base locations who are bent on civil war and the overthrow of the government. There are many of these extremest groups out there. Another one goes by the name of The Proud Boys." Many of them are the armed men you've seen at these anti-lockdown protests. They and their symbols/flags have been spotted in Minniapolis. They train in the use of flame throwers/bombs etc. in order to infiltrate and exploit instances just like this.

    http://www.techtransparencyproject.o...id-coronavirus

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...onalism-report

  2. #122
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,866
    Amen (Given)
    14054
    Amen (Received)
    28911
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group ...
    No wonder I don't know them.

    ETA: but for the record, I'm against them.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  3. #123
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,047
    Amen (Given)
    2252
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group that goes under various names dependent upon their base locations who are bent on civil war and the overthrow of the government. There are many of these extremest groups out there. Another one goes by the name of The Proud Boys." Many of them are the armed men you've seen at these anti-lockdown protests. They and their symbols/flags have been spotted in Minniapolis. They train in the use of flame throwers/bombs etc. in order to infiltrate and exploit instances just like this.

    http://www.techtransparencyproject.o...id-coronavirus

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...onalism-report
    BTW, both Trump and the Atty Gen. are obviously well aware of this and yet they both went out there and publicly pointed the finger solely at left wing extremist groups.

  4. #124
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,866
    Amen (Given)
    14054
    Amen (Received)
    28911
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    BTW, both Trump and the Atty Gen. are obviously well aware of this and yet they both went out there and publicly pointed the finger solely at left wing extremist groups.
    So the liberals are blaming right wing conservatives and the conservatives are blaming left wing liberals.

    I'm shocked.

    I condemn both.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  5. #125
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,896
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1420
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, the black Minneapolis Police Chief is making that claim, but I guess it could be argued "he's one of them". The public officials -- Leaders say riot damage not caused by Minnesotans are making that claim, but I guess that could be "CYA".

    (FOX 9) - Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter said Saturday that a vast majority of the rioters causing destruction are from out of state. Mayor Carter said all of the people arrested in St. Paul overnight were from out of state.

    "This is no longer about protesting, this is about violence," Mayor Frey said. "I want to be clear, the people who are doing this are not Minneapolis residents.”


    Perhaps I erred in using the word "professional" --- I even stopped to try to think of another way to say that these people aren't just peacefully protesting -- they are there to purposely "act out".
    Conflicting info from the same News network...

    The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

    Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.
    I noticed that the chief said he got his information from "local community leaders" as opposed to actual records, so maybe that's where the discrepancy is?
    Last edited by seanD; 05-30-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  6. #126
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,866
    Amen (Given)
    14054
    Amen (Received)
    28911
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Conflicting info from the same News network...

    It's hard to match the date with the video, so maybe the chief was referring to the day after? Also, I noticed that he got his information from "local community leaders" as opposed to actual records, so maybe that's where the discrepancy is?
    Yeah, I don't know - it's pretty much boiling down to conservative sources blaming liberals and liberal sources blaming conservatives.

    Either way, I think we can all agree that a LOT of this chaos comes from outside the community, and totally detracts from the purpose of the protest.

    In an IDEAL WORLD, there would be a charismatic black figure who would be able to unite the protestors with a two prong approach...
    A) Let's do everything we can to project a PEACEFUL, yet powerful, protest to the world
    2) Let's do everything we can to expose the activists who come here to disrupt

    Unfortunately, that would require cooperation with the local police -- and that's what started the whole mess in the first place.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. #127
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,866
    Amen (Given)
    14054
    Amen (Received)
    28911
    When I said earlier that even the Chief should be fired - I was unaware that he was black.

    STILL..... I think anybody who runs a department that allows this kind of environment ought to realize that they either need to make fundamental changes -- or resign in disgrace or be fired. The buck SHOULD stop at the top. I think once it became clear that "the top dog" will lose his job AND his commission, and never again work in law enforcement - maybe things would be taken more seriously within the police department.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #128
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,896
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1420
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I don't know - it's pretty much boiling down to conservative sources blaming liberals and liberal sources blaming conservatives.

    Either way, I think we can all agree that a LOT of this chaos comes from outside the community, and totally detracts from the purpose of the protest.

    In an IDEAL WORLD, there would be a charismatic black figure who would be able to unite the protestors with a two prong approach...
    A) Let's do everything we can to project a PEACEFUL, yet powerful, protest to the world
    2) Let's do everything we can to expose the activists who come here to disrupt

    Unfortunately, that would require cooperation with the local police -- and that's what started the whole mess in the first place.
    But "a lot" doesn't support the article I just linked to lol. There were some, sure, unless you assume they just got away without getting apprehended, but then that's just an assumption.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  9. #129
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,866
    Amen (Given)
    14054
    Amen (Received)
    28911
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    But "a lot" doesn't support the article I just linked to lol. There were some, sure, unless you assume they just got away without getting apprehended, but then that's just an assumption.
    Sean, this isn't worth battling over to me. I hate that there was violence, and I hate it that local shop owners lost so much, whoever was responsible. The focus should be on this tragic death, not the riots.

    It's really a crying shame.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. Amen JimL, Leonhard amen'd this post.
  11. #130
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,896
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1420
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sean, this isn't worth battling over to me. I hate that there was violence, and I hate it that local shop owners lost so much, whoever was responsible. The focus should be on this tragic death, not the riots.

    It's really a crying shame.
    I'm a detailed minded guy. And it is a shame.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •