Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's beginning to sound like some of the officers standing by while Floyd was killed were objecting verbally to what was going on, like, "shouldn't we turn him over", and Chauvin clearly says "no".

That makes the case against the other officers SLIGHTLY less bad - they should have acted - but WORSE for Chauvin, where "intent" may be inferred from the fact that he actually rejected pleas (however weak) from fellow officers to let Floyd up.
    One officer, identified as Lane, spoke up several times, the complaint states. While holding Floyd's legs, he said "should we roll him on his side?" and Chauvin said "No, staying put where we got him," according to the complaint. Lane then said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever," and Chauvin said "that's why we have him on his stomach," the complaint states.

A short time later, after video shows Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak, Lane allegedly said, "want to roll him on his side," according to the complaint. Kueng checked Floyd's wrist for a pulse and said he found none, the complaint states. Again, none of the officers moved from their positions.

I'm wondering what the authority structure was among these officers - I don't see collar brass or stripes on sleeves indicating any of these officers were superior over others, so, lacking that, it often goes to 'seniority' or longevity. I'm wondering why Lane was not being more assertive.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One officer, identified as Lane, spoke up several times, the complaint states. While holding Floyd's legs, he said "should we roll him on his side?" and Chauvin said "No, staying put where we got him," according to the complaint. Lane then said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever," and Chauvin said "that's why we have him on his stomach," the complaint states.

A short time later, after video shows Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak, Lane allegedly said, "want to roll him on his side," according to the complaint. Kueng checked Floyd's wrist for a pulse and said he found none, the complaint states. Again, none of the officers moved from their positions.

I'm wondering what the authority structure was among these officers - I don't see collar brass or stripes on sleeves indicating any of these officers were superior over others, so, lacking that, it often goes to 'seniority' or longevity. I'm wondering why Lane was not being more assertive.
    I suspect Chauvin's motives were intentional, based on everything I've seen so far. Look at his face; he's clearly enjoying it. He also never lets up. The medic actually has to nudge him aisde just to get the Floyd.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I suspect Chauvin's motives were intentional, based on everything I've seen so far. Look at his face; he's clearly enjoying it. He also never lets up. The medic actually has to nudge him aisde just to get the Floyd.
    So, I would not be surprised if the charges against Chauvin were elevated.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In his mugshot he looked kind of like a deer in headlights.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, I would not be surprised if the charges against Chauvin were elevated.
    They've upped it to second degree murder. The other three I think is now aiding and abetting .

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    They've upped it to second degree murder. The other three I think is now aiding and abetting .
    Thanks, what I don't like is that one of the speakers made some kind of comment that "I'm expecting charges on the other three before we get to the Memorial this afternoon".

I'm HOPING that he meant "expecting" in the sense that he had inside information that charges were forthcoming, rather than an implied demand that "there BETTER be".

And, there's a discussion about how there's a difference between what the other officers did (suggesting it stop) and what they did NOT do (actively intervene).

Finally, I believe Minnesota's AG is going to push for changes to reflect more on demanding "proactive intervention" from other officers, rather than simply accepting passive intervention (for lack of a better way of saying it).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did somebody post here about a cop using that exact same position and bystanders yelled so much his partner actually looked around, and removed the knee off the suspect?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Did somebody post here about a cop using that exact same position and bystanders yelled so much his partner actually looked around, and removed the knee off the suspect?
    Don't remember seeing that. I'm betting Lane which he had done that rather than just asking questions or making suggestions.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't remember seeing that. I'm betting Lane which he had done that rather than just asking questions or making suggestions.
    No no...I read a report about a similar incident elsewhere and can't recall where.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Meanwhile, have we heard ANYTHING from the Police Chief? He's the guy who's ultimately responsible for the training and conduct of his officers, and the "company culture" of the Department.