Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think Floyd resisted arrest and being put in the police car and they had to wrestle him to the ground. Chauvin, was probably angry at having to fight him and took it out on him while he was on the ground.
    [ angry leftist nutter ] AHAH!!! So you are DEFENDING this murder, you racist thug!!!!! [/ aln ]
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      This from the BBC tonight:
      You're late to the party, buster.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        [ angry leftist nutter ] AHAH!!! So you are DEFENDING this murder, you racist thug!!!!! [/ aln ]
        I would say by propagating false facts about the event could easily be construed that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          I would say by propagating false facts about the event could easily be construed that way.

Comment

Sparkle claimed earlier in this thread that they brought Floyd over to the car and struggled because he didn't want to go inside and he fell to the ground. I initially believed that because i thought I also heard that elsewhere, and I kick myself for that. But to keep propagating that when it's obviously not what happened would make one assume they're doing it as a defense of the officers. Otherwise, why keep saying something that's not true?

Comment

No, I am saying he let his anger get away from him and drove him to murder the guy. Or at least have an indifference to whether he lived or died.

Comment

No, I am saying he let his anger get away from him and drove him to murder the guy. Or at least have an indifference to whether he lived or died.
                H was being a sarcastic, Edited by a Moderator.
                Last edited by Cerebrum123; 06-04-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Sparkle claimed earlier in this thread that they brought Floyd over to the car and struggled because he didn't want to go inside and he fell to the ground. I initially believed that because i thought I also heard that elsewhere, and I kick myself for that. But to keep propagating that when it's obviously not what happened would make one assume they're doing it as a defense of the officers. Otherwise, why keep saying something that's not true?
                  I didn't say that. I said if you listen to the video you hear one of the cops say he was resisting arrest and that is why they had him on the ground. And Floyd said he wasn't resisting any more and to let him up.

You can listen to the video yourself, you twit.

Extra: I just found this video leading up to the incident. And it looks like at the end, he does start to resist and falls to the ground and they start wresting. then it cuts off.

Comment

H was being a sarcastic, Edited by a Moderator
                    no duh.
                    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 06-04-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

That's how I took it when I was being facetious!

Comment

I didn't say that. I said if you listen to the video you hear one of the cops say he was resisting arrest and that is why they had him on the ground. And Floyd said he wasn't resisting any more and to let him up.

You can listen to the video yourself, you twit.

Extra: I just found this video leading up to the incident. And it looks like at the end, he does start to resist and falls to the ground and they start wresting. then it cuts off.

This was as about as thorough of a video I've seen because they look at all the surveillance footage. They had him in the car already, contrary to what you said earlier, and what I too believed. So he's in the back of the car, Chauvin on the right side and another officer on the left. They're struggling. We don't know why they're struggling. Maybe Floyd is trying to get out. Maybe Chauvin is wailing on him and the other his holding him, while Tao is watching for witnesses (after all, they all have records for excessive force). We don't know because everything is an assumption. Why Chauvin didn't just close the door, but pulled him out to the ground instead we don't know because we can't see clearly.

Comment

This was as about as thorough of a video I've seen because they look at all the surveillance footage. They had him in the car already, contrary to what you said earlier, and what I too believed. So he's in the back of the car, Chauvin on the right side and another officer on the left. They're struggling. We don't know why they're struggling. Maybe Floyd is trying to get out. Maybe Chauvin is wailing on him and the other his holding him, while Tao is watching for witnesses (after all, they all have records for excessive force). We don't know because everything is an assumption. Why Chauvin didn't just close the door, but pulled him out to the ground instead we don't know because we can't see clearly.

I will look at that. And about what I said earlier, was just repeating what I heard in the video (see above)

But I just heard about this:

Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the same nightclub, so they probably knew each other. Makes this seem much more personal now.

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked at same club and may have crossed paths, owner says

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin, the former police officer charged with killing Floyd, worked security at the same local club for much of the year before their fatal encounter on a Minneapolis street last week. The owner of El Nuevo Rodeo said the two were in close proximity once a week for their Tuesday night shifts, though she did not know if they ever actually met while working at the club.

Maya Santamaria said she had been paying Chauvin, when he was off-duty, to sit in his squad car outside El Nuevo Rodeo for 17 years. She said Floyd worked as a security guard inside the club frequently in the last year. In particular, they both worked on Tuesday nights, when the club had a popular weekly dance competition.

Santamaria reflected Friday evening on how her business suddenly became central to a death that sparked anguished waves of protest, first in Minneapolis and then in cities across America. Chauvin was fired from the police department last week and charged with third-degree murder for pinning Floyd by the neck.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/derek-c...o-minneapolis/

Comment

I will look at that. And about what I said earlier, was just repeating what I heard in the video (see above)

Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the same nightclub, so they probably knew each other. Makes this seem much more personal now.

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked at same club and may have crossed paths, owner says

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin, the former police officer charged with killing Floyd, worked security at the same local club for much of the year before their fatal encounter on a Minneapolis street last week. The owner of El Nuevo Rodeo said the two were in close proximity once a week for their Tuesday night shifts, though she did not know if they ever actually met while working at the club.

Maya Santamaria said she had been paying Chauvin, when he was off-duty, to sit in his squad car outside El Nuevo Rodeo for 17 years. She said Floyd worked as a security guard inside the club frequently in the last year. In particular, they both worked on Tuesday nights, when the club had a popular weekly dance competition.

Santamaria reflected Friday evening on how her business suddenly became central to a death that sparked anguished waves of protest, first in Minneapolis and then in cities across America. Chauvin was fired from the police department last week and charged with third-degree murder for pinning Floyd by the neck.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/derek-c...o-minneapolis/
                            Yeah, that looks way suspicious also, which is what led me to believe Chauvin's actions were intentional. The article I read, the owner downplayed it like they wouldn't remember each other, but I don't see how they didn't come into contact at some point if both of them worked security at the same place.

Comment

Yeah, that looks way suspicious also, which is what led me to believe Chauvin's actions were intentional. The article I read, the owner downplayed it like they wouldn't remember each other, but I don't see how they didn't come into contact at some point if both of them worked security at the same place.
                              apparently Chauvin worked outside in his police car and Floyd worked inside, but yeah most people who work a such places know each other.

Comment

Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the same nightclub, so they probably knew each other. Makes this seem much more personal now....
                                From DAYS ago....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                CNN gives some info about him, including EIGHTEEN complaints against him with Internal Affairs, only two of which here closed by discipline, and at least one other troublesome officer at the scene.

Chauvin was not the only officer on the scene that day with a history of complaints against him.
                                Former officer Tou Thao had six complaints filed with internal affairs, one of which was still open, according to the public summary released Thursday. The other five complaints had been closed without discipline.

Chauvin and Floyd were bouncers at the same night club, but I don't know if they knew each other, or worked there at the same time.

Comment