Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This afternoon, there was a peaceful protest in my city. About 2 hours ago, the burning cars and looting began. It's going to be a long night here.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So the liberals are blaming right wing conservatives and the conservatives are blaming left wing liberals.

I'm shocked.

I condemn both.
    No, Trump and Barr, the President and Atty. Gen. of these United States, are blaming soley left wing radicals when they know better. That's the point. Now, why do you suppose that they would purposely lie to the American people like that? Think about it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, Trump and Barr, the President and Atty. Gen. of these United States, are blaming soley left wing radicals when they know better. That's the point. Now, why do you suppose that they would purposely lie to the American people like that? Think about it.
    So, pitch a hissy.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, pitch a hissy.
    Okay, don't think about it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They aren't all antifa, they're a variety of folks, but there are antifa members in the protests. It's a whole lot more accurate than the Minnesota governor claiming they're white supremacists and cartels.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Okay, don't think about it.
    Thanks.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    They aren't all antifa, they're a variety of folks, but there are antifa members in the protests. It's a whole lot more accurate than the Minnesota governor claiming they're white supremacists and cartels.
    So, is it your belief that most of the rioting - the looting and the damage - is done by locals?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, is it your belief that most of the rioting - the looting and the damage - is done by locals?
    Why shouldn't I unless I have evidence to the contrary? The riots were scattered across the country. Did some organization mobilize that fast around every major city in the country?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Why shouldn't I unless I have evidence to the contrary? The riots were scattered across the country. Did some organization mobilize that fast around every major city in the country?
    Agreed. They're mostly opportunists who find safety in numbers. If 10 people storm a store and start looting, then 100 opportunists charge in behind them. The door is open, they know cops can't arrest them all. "Free stuff, wheeee!"

Similar with rioters. They want to fight someone/anyone and they can more easily find a target in a riot. IMO.

10. Amen Sparko, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Agreed. They're mostly opportunists who find safety in numbers. If 10 people storm a store and start looting, then 100 opportunists charge in behind them. The door is open, they know cops can't arrest them all. "Free stuff, wheeee!"

Similar with rioters. They want to fight someone/anyone and they can more easily find a target in a riot. IMO.
    It's especially scary because they have social media (which is how I believe they're mobilizing so rapidly around the country), and that adds another ingredient to it all.