Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    It's especially scary because they have social media (which is how I believe they're mobilizing so rapidly around the country), and that adds another ingredient to it all.
    And how do you think the extremist groups mobilize around the country, sean?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just hate that the liberal media and government morons fuel the fire by their cowardly statements like - well, we totally understand why they would act that way - gosh, they've been oppressed for 400 years, so you have to give them space....

A) It's like you're assuming that these people aren't smart enough to be appealed to
    2) They're encouraging some who might not otherwise cross the line.

This Is Easy: Donít Excuse, Defend, or Encourage Rioters
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

3. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And how do you think the extremist groups mobilize around the country, sean?
    I don't know what mean. Explain.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I just hate that the liberal media and government morons fuel the fire by their cowardly statements like - well, we totally understand why they would act that way - gosh, they've been oppressed for 400 years, so you have to give them space....

A) It's like you're assuming that these people aren't smart enough to be appealed to
    2) They're encouraging some who might not otherwise cross the line.

This Is Easy: Donít Excuse, Defend, or Encourage Rioters
    So, pitch a hissy.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't know what mean. Explain.
    Social media. That is how the extremist groups mobilize around the country. This isn't about the legitimate protesters, it's about the extremist groups infiltrating them for there own nefarious purposes.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Social media. That is how the extremist groups mobilize around the country. This isn't about the legitimate protesters, it's about the extremist groups infiltrating them for there own nefarious purposes.
    Your first two sentences is exactly what I meant. Locals in different cities around the country are using social media as a central location to mobilize in their areas. That doesn't mean they're traveling all around the country from city to city staging protests. And I'm not sure why you keep harping on "extremists." Police shootings aren't a conservative issue, but a leftwing issue, so if there are any extremists, they're leftist extremists (antifa). But there are a whole variety of peeps. There are those who want to just loot. There are those who want to advocate extreme anti-government views. There are those who want to commit violent acts just for the heck of it. And there are those that want to legitimately protest an unjust police killing.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your first two sentences is exactly what I meant. Locals in different cities around the country are using social media as a central location to mobilize in their areas. That doesn't mean they're traveling all around the country from city to city staging protests. And I'm not sure why you keep harping on "extremists." Police shootings aren't a conservative issue, but a leftwing issue, so if there are any extremists, they're leftist extremists (antifa). But there are a whole variety of peeps. There are those who want to just loot. There are those who want to advocate extreme anti-government views. There are those who want to commit violent acts just for the heck of it. And there are those that want to legitimately protest an unjust police killing.
    Absolutely delicious.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Absolutely delicious.
    As far as physically taking it out to the streets, that's just the reality of it, and that's what I meant. I have no idea where JimL was trying to go, but if he's as unhinged as the Minnesota governor is, then who knows what idea he was trying to espouse.

Btw, LA right now is a wreck. Pockets of riots and looting spread all over the city. Apparently Garcetti is calling in the national guard because LAPD is overwhelmed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    No, no, no. Just, no.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for looting and burning down the businesses of innocent people (most of whom are also minorities[1]) just because you're pissed off at something the government did.

The fact is that with very few exceptions protests organized by the left almost inevitably turn into riots whereas those organized by the right very rarely if ever do so. Of course there are the few exceptions.

For example, just look at the difference between rallies that were organized by the Tea Party compared to those organized by Occupy.

The former were (and still are) vilified by the MSM as a bunch of wild-eyed, crazy radicals even though they were forced to wander around the perimeter hunting for some loon that they could portray as exemplifying the average Tea Party member, whereas the latter were described as "typical Americans" even though the violent nut jobs were more often than not those in charge and up on the podium giving speeches.

Often, when a Tea Party rally was over those in charge of the area where it was held (typically a park) would remark about how the participants tended to leave the area cleaner than how they found it. They made sure they cleaned up their trash and picked up any more that they came across. In stark contrast, the Occupy trashed buildings, burned cars, and left excrement and garbage everywhere.

For a more recent example, compare those where folks were protesting the extremely restrict of policies of the continued lockdown with the rioting we've seen in response to the senseless killing of Floyd. In the former case, where the protests were largely very peaceful, the MSM smeared the participants as "threatening" and called "racists" and compared to Nazis (just like the Tea Party was). Some in the media were even calling for them to be rounded up and arrested (like the Today show co-host Craig Melvin).

In sharp contrast, the MSM is bending over backwards trying to minimize the violence and destruction during the riots over Floyd's death. No better example of this can be provided than senior economic correspondent for NBC, Ali Velshi, declaring on MSNBC while he is standing in front of a freaking building that was set afire, that "I want to be clear on how I characterize this. This is mostly a protest. It is not generally speaking unruly."

Looks like someone is auditioning for the role of being the new Baghdad Bob.

And just to demonstrate that the above was not some bizarre outlier, on CNN, a senior writer for Sports Illustrated, L.Z. Granderson, was calling the rioting, arson and looting as patriotic proclaiming that is how America has always got things "done."

Finally, excusing this sort of behavior is an example of soft racism like where someone (typically a white liberal) says that they and their associates would never behave in such a manner but seek to rationalize allowing minorities to respond this way since, obviously, they're different and shouldn't be expected to control themselves. They just can't be held to the same standard. B.S.

1. Even the race pimp Al Sharpton has, after several decades of foisting that sort of response, has finally understood this. On Friday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe Sharpton complained to the rioters that the goal of a fair criminal justice system wouldn't be achieved by "appearing" to be criminal themselves and then added "some of the stores that are being damaged are black-owned stores! So we cannot become so reckless that we are destroying each other in our rage."
    Yeah. I can understand being angry. Heck, I can even understand taking that anger out on police officers and precincts or government buildings. I don't agree with it or think it is right, but I can understand. But there is NO excuse for destroying private property and looting. That is just opportunism, vandalism, and theft. It does NOTHING to further your cause, and even turns the public and community against you. You re harming your own neighbors.

disclaimer:"you" is a general term referring to anyone who does this nonsense, not any particular user here.

11. Amen JimL, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah. I can understand being angry. Heck, I can even understand taking that anger out on police officers and precincts or government buildings. I don't agree with it or think it is right, but I can understand. But there is NO excuse for destroying private property and looting. That is just opportunism, vandalism, and theft. It does NOTHING to further your cause, and even turns the public and community against you. You re harming your own neighbors.

disclaimer:"you" is a general term referring to anyone who does this nonsense, not any particular user here.
    Bacon.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē