Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Leonard, context. I meant conservatives don't typically physically take to the streets because of police brutality. That's a leftwing thing. I didn't mean conservatives don't care about it. But you might understand why I said that in the full context of what I said in the post you snipped that from.
    It's a shame they don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      It's a shame they don't.
      Maybe they understand that looting buildings and burning cars is actually counterproductive.

As I pointed out earlier, even someone with a long history of agitation has finally figured this out:

Even the race pimp Al Sharpton has, after several decades of foisting that sort of response, has finally understood this. On Friday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe Sharpton complained to the rioters that the goal of a fair criminal justice system wouldn't be achieved by "appearing" to be criminal themselves and then added "some of the stores that are being damaged are black-owned stores! So we cannot become so reckless that we are destroying each other in our rage."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• John Fea's description is rather interesting:

Now we add urban race riots to the carnage and the man who claimed that he “alone can fix it” has done nothing to bring healing. Instead, he is fighting with a social media company, threatening violence with violence (he has always aid his favorite Bible verse is “eye for an eye“), and indulging in fantasies about attacking protesters with “vicious dogs” and “ominous weapons.” Is this what Trump meant by “I alone can fix it?”

He has yet to deliver a public statement to the nation, but I am not sure anyone really cares. By this point he has lost all moral authority to deal with this situation. He can only appeal to his base. https://thewayofimprovement.com/2020...ne-can-fix-it/
        I completely agree. The problem could get significantly worse though. Not only has Trump lost all moral authority. So many of his followers have lost their integrity, their moral authority and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong that that it is going to be possible for what is even worse to happen. The stop signs were burned long ago.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Maybe they understand that looting buildings and burning cars is actually counterproductive.

As I pointed out earlier, even someone with a long history of agitation has finally figured this out:

Even the race pimp Al Sharpton has, after several decades of foisting that sort of response, has finally understood this. On Friday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe Sharpton complained to the rioters that the goal of a fair criminal justice system wouldn't be achieved by "appearing" to be criminal themselves and then added "some of the stores that are being damaged are black-owned stores! So we cannot become so reckless that we are destroying each other in our rage."
          Yes, I'm sure that burning building was set afire by all of the protesters. All three hundred of them, walked up there and simultaniously lit it on fire.

Why aren't the conservatives out there being "good lawfully abiding peaceful" protesters then?

Comment

All looters are probably protesters, but not all protesters are looters. I think it's just political. Conservatives are naturally bent towards defending police. Also, not all police killings have been unjust, though the left tries to tout them as unjust. So even when conservatives acknowledge a REAL unjust police killing such as this, they're not going to take to the streets because it's just not something they normally do.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that burning building was set afire by all of the protesters. All three hundred of them, walked up there and simultaniously lit it on fire.

Why aren't the conservatives out there being "good lawfully abiding peaceful" protesters then?
              Perhaps you would like to explain why this sort of thing almost never happens when conservatives protest but is almost a given when the left does.
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              One is forced to ponder the mystery of why these professional rioters don't seem to show up at conservative protests. It's like they think that one group will provide much better cover than the other one will. Or maybe that the mayors of these cities where they show up are much more tolerant of and lenient toward liberal groups so being associated with them can come in handy if you get arrested (likely the charges will be dropped unless you were arrested for attacking them or any other first responders)

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Perhaps you would like to explain why this sort of thing almost never happens when conservatives protest but is almost a given when the left does.
                Why aren't the conservatives out there peacefully protesting then?

Also you tend to define peaceful protests as conservative. Remember Charlottesville?

Comment

Also you tend to define peaceful protests as conservative. Remember Charlottesville?
                  I also made it clear there are exceptions. But that doesn't change the fact that conservative protests are typically peaceful whereas leftist one nearly always result in rioting (and yes there are a handful of exceptions there as well).

So why is this?

Comment

Because protests tend to not accomplish much and can easily get out of control. They appeal mostly to liberals because it satisfies their need for an emotional response.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Because protests tend to not accomplish much and can easily get out of control. They appeal mostly to liberals because it satisfies their need for an emotional response.
                      So, you think all those heavily armed morons protesting at statehouses around the country are liberals?

Comment

• This ain't right, and this is scary, but I'm not really surprised seeing how they behaved against citizens during the lock-down (warning offensive language)...

Comment

I also made it clear there are exceptions. But that doesn't change the fact that conservative protests are typically peaceful whereas leftist one nearly always result in rioting (and yes there are a handful of exceptions there as well).

So why is this?
                          I'd still like to see a study doing it up in property damage, because trying to do it by new sources is not a reliable method.

And I don't support violence, and cannot tell you what an explanation would be if it were happening.

Because protests tend to not accomplish much and can easily get out of control.
                          Or because Conservatives in general are satisfied with the status quo by definition.

Comment

• Massive peaceful protest underway in Denver.

https://i.imgur.com/Gh0x0iC.mp4

Comment

• Does the Amish count as conservative protesters?

https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/...792318976?s=20

Comment

Does the Amish count as conservative protesters?

https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/...792318976?s=20
                                I'm guessing they haven't burned or looted anything.

Comment