Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I can't defend the police in this. The moment at 0:50 is really telling how bad they're acting at the moment.

Warning: The police officers are swearing a lot in general.

Last edited by Leonhard; 05-31-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I thought both parties would be against police brutality?
    I'm not understanding that comment either, and I am a conservative.

3. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor ---
    Yes, but as usual the vast majority of the protesters were entirely peaceful, and the cops are using what you're saying as an excuse to attack everyone without any regard.

5. Amen Chaotic Void, Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke
    Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor --
    And like you asked of me, just watch the video. I'm sure a row of old ladies holding up cardboard signs was enough of a threat that it took a row of armored police officers with billy clubs, rubber bullets and pepper spray to stop that threat.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As long as the peaceful protesters rights are protected, I will support the police in reigning in those committing acts of violence. I will not at all be okay with the presence of violent rioters being used as an excuse to shut down a moral protest.
    The problem is that the bad folks are mixed with the good folks. There really is not right or wrong solution here, but knowing how cops were acting during the shutdown, I think this can only get much worse. Law enforcement will be forced to get more aggressive which will then cause more anger. It'll be a feedback loop unfortunately. And now that the national guard are getting involved, no telling how this will evolve. But it probably ain't good.

I thought both parties would be against police brutality?
    Leonard, context. I meant conservatives don't typically physically take to the streets because of police brutality. That's a leftwing thing. I didn't mean conservatives don't care about it. I guess I didn't really clarify there what I meant, but I thought I did in the subsequent posts. Maybe not.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Leonard, context. I meant conservatives don't typically physically take to the streets because of police brutality. That's a leftwing thing. I didn't mean conservatives don't care about it. But you might understand why I said that in the full context of what I said in the post you snipped that from.
    It's a shame they don't.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's a shame they don't.
    Maybe they understand that looting buildings and burning cars is actually counterproductive.

As I pointed out earlier, even someone with a long history of agitation has finally figured this out:

Even the race pimp Al Sharpton has, after several decades of foisting that sort of response, has finally understood this. On Friday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe Sharpton complained to the rioters that the goal of a fair criminal justice system wouldn't be achieved by "appearing" to be criminal themselves and then added "some of the stores that are being damaged are black-owned stores! So we cannot become so reckless that we are destroying each other in our rage."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    John Fea's description is rather interesting:

Now we add urban race riots to the carnage and the man who claimed that he “alone can fix it” has done nothing to bring healing. Instead, he is fighting with a social media company, threatening violence with violence (he has always aid his favorite Bible verse is “eye for an eye“), and indulging in fantasies about attacking protesters with “vicious dogs” and “ominous weapons.” Is this what Trump meant by “I alone can fix it?”

He has yet to deliver a public statement to the nation, but I am not sure anyone really cares. By this point he has lost all moral authority to deal with this situation. He can only appeal to his base. https://thewayofimprovement.com/2020...ne-can-fix-it/
    I completely agree. The problem could get significantly worse though. Not only has Trump lost all moral authority. So many of his followers have lost their integrity, their moral authority and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong that that it is going to be possible for what is even worse to happen. The stop signs were burned long ago.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Maybe they understand that looting buildings and burning cars is actually counterproductive.

As I pointed out earlier, even someone with a long history of agitation has finally figured this out:

Even the race pimp Al Sharpton has, after several decades of foisting that sort of response, has finally understood this. On Friday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe Sharpton complained to the rioters that the goal of a fair criminal justice system wouldn't be achieved by "appearing" to be criminal themselves and then added "some of the stores that are being damaged are black-owned stores! So we cannot become so reckless that we are destroying each other in our rage."
    Yes, I'm sure that burning building was set afire by all of the protesters. All three hundred of them, walked up there and simultaniously lit it on fire.

Why aren't the conservatives out there being "good lawfully abiding peaceful" protesters then?

13. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post

All looters are probably protesters, but not all protesters are looters. I think it's just political. Conservatives are naturally bent towards defending police. Also, not all police killings have been unjust, though the left tries to tout them as unjust. So even when conservatives acknowledge a REAL unjust police killing such as this, they're not going to take to the streets because it's just not something they normally do.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).