Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 264

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

  1. #21
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    ... Of course, whether their Union will try to get them their jobs back is yet to be seen.
    That's what I'm looking for -- the Police Union could store up valuable treasure for themselves by declaring "Even WE can't defend this...." Have we heard from them?

    And God help the public defender (or Union appointed lawyer) who gets assigned to defend this ...... [swear words].
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #22
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,934
    Amen (Given)
    378
    Amen (Received)
    1422
    Klob is apparently in hot water, and now her VP chance in serious jeopardy, because the main officer involved apparently has a history of bad reports against him and (I believe though I could be wrong) Klob was a prosecutor during that time and refused to charge the same officer who was apparently involved in an earlier shooting that was also controversial.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  3. #23
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    And I wonder if anything had happened if what happened hadn't been recorded. Was it body cam, or a bystander?
    IT would have to be something incredibly... I can't even imagine any scenario which would have justified this.

    The usual excuse is that adrenaline gets pumping and can't be turned off -- but there wasn't even that big of a fight, and EIGHT MINUTES.... while the other officers stood by offering ZERO intervention...
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #24
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    There is a video showing a cop guiding George Floyd to a cop's car. The next thing we see is Floyd on the ground with a cop's knee on his throat.

    Question: How did George Floyd get on the ground?
    The ONLY think I can imagine is that Floyd may have balked at getting in the car, but so far, there's zero evidence of that.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  5. #25
    Tweeb Overlord Chaotic Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,650
    Amen (Given)
    1319
    Amen (Received)
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's what I'm looking for -- the Police Union could store up valuable treasure for themselves by declaring "Even WE can't defend this...." Have we heard from them?

    And God help the public defender (or Union appointed lawyer) who gets assigned to defend this ...... [swear words].
    Their head honcho, Lt. Kroll, said, "Now is not the time rush to judgement and immediately condemn our officers. An in-depth investigation is underway. Our officers are fully cooperating. We must review all video. We must wait for the medical examiner’s report." And that was two days ago. Heck, I can't even access their (Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis) social media (Crackbook/Twitter) or website right now to see if they've released any further statements now that charges have been made.

    That doesn't leave me optimistic.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

  6. #26
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    960
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Apparently, Mr. Chauvin is being charged with 3rd Degree Murder over this. But yeah, I don't think there's anyone who's openly defended what these cops did. As for me? Well, it's murder, and the other three officers should also be charged alongside him.
    One of the others had his knee on Floyd's back, and could have easily contributed to his death.

  7. #27
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Their head honcho, Lt. Kroll, said, "Now is not the time rush to judgement and immediately condemn our officers. An in-depth investigation is underway. Our officers are fully cooperating. We must review all video. We must wait for the medical examiner’s report." And that was two days ago. Heck, I can't even access their (Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis) social media (Crackbook/Twitter) or website right now to see if they've released any further statements now that charges have been made.

    That doesn't leave me optimistic.
    I think it's, at best, a delay tactic, because I still cannot think of ANYTHING - even in my wildest imagination - that could have happened in those brief moments "off camera", til we see the EIGHT MINUTES of forceful restrain, with other officers just casually standing by.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #28
    Tweeb Overlord Chaotic Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,650
    Amen (Given)
    1319
    Amen (Received)
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think it's, at best, a delay tactic, because I still cannot think of ANYTHING - even in my wildest imagination - that could have happened in those brief moments "off camera", til we see the EIGHT MINUTES of forceful restrain, with other officers just casually standing by.
    Yeah... and, as things move along and more information comes to light, their silence and delay tactics are just going to make them look even worse than they already do.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

  9. #29
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,851
    Amen (Given)
    2191
    Amen (Received)
    5763
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    There was an instance where an alleged cop was found to be breaking windows on a business as an agent provocateur. I'll reserve a little judgement until this is 100% nailed down but he does have a pretty nice looking gas mask which I doubt many rioters have access to.
    Masks like Antifa wear?

    752209991.jpg

    athens4f6.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  10. #30
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Yeah... and, as things move along and more information comes to light, their silence and delay tactics are just going to make them look even worse than they already do.
    If just ONE OFFICER had stepped forward and said, "hey, lemme take over" or "hey, you can loosen up your grip", or ANYTHING to intervene.... that's something they are trained to do -- the arresting officer may be fired up with adrenaline (not for that long, to be sure) and somebody else needs to step up and bring order. "When the cuffs go on, the fight is over".

    Has anybody mentioned positional asphyxia? They are also trained NEVER leave a suspect face down, because your own weight can cause you breathing problems --- you'll almost ALWAYS see, after the cuffs go on, the officers either helping the guy stand up, or rolling him on his side.

    There is SO MUCH about this that makes absolutely no sense.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  11. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •