Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 264

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

  1. #31
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,888
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2076
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    If just ONE OFFICER had stepped forward and said, "hey, lemme take over" or "hey, you can loosen up your grip", or ANYTHING to intervene.... that's something they are trained to do -- the arresting officer may be fired up with adrenaline (not for that long, to be sure) and somebody else needs to step up and bring order. "When the cuffs go on, the fight is over".

    Has anybody mentioned positional asphyxia? They are also trained NEVER leave a suspect face down, because your own weight can cause you breathing problems --- you'll almost ALWAYS see, after the cuffs go on, the officers either helping the guy stand up, or rolling him on his side.

    There is SO MUCH about this that makes absolutely no sense.
    Except to a large number of people in Minnesota ... it does. That is why they are going nutsy crazy - they are sick of things like this happening. (But I also condemn the rioting - all rioting does is undermine the support the black community would get from most white people in a situation like this - I just can't see anyone condoning this except crazies)
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  2. #32
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,201
    Amen (Given)
    166
    Amen (Received)
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Masks like Antifa wear?

    Attachment 45137

    Attachment 45138
    You're excellent at missing the point.

  3. #33
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,888
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2076
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    You're excellent at missing the point.
    I think he's trying to imply Antifa is inciting the riots.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #34
    Tweeb Overlord Chaotic Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,650
    Amen (Given)
    1319
    Amen (Received)
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I think he's trying to imply Antifa is inciting the riots.
    Either that or he was implying that, "nice-looking," gas masks, real or replica, are easier to get ahold of than you think ($20-$50 USD on Amazon; if one of those Starbucks-Swilling Yuppies had access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card, that's chump change).
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

  5. #35
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,851
    Amen (Given)
    2191
    Amen (Received)
    5763
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    You're excellent at missing the point.
    What point did I miss?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  6. #36
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,934
    Amen (Given)
    378
    Amen (Received)
    1422
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Either that or he was implying that, "nice-looking," gas masks, real or replica, are easier to get ahold of than you think ($20-$50 USD on Amazon; if one of those Starbucks-Swilling Yuppies had access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card, that's chump change).
    You've got to wonder why he was just nonchalantly breaking windows though. What would be the purpose of an antifa guy doing that unless he was trying to make it contagious? It didn't look like that though. Starting a fire I can see the point of or maybe breaking windows in the midst of a crowd to get them to do it too. But what he was doing doesn't make much sense. However, it would make sense if he wanted the police to use that as a justification for more aggressive force in order to stop future looting and destruction of property.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  7. #37
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,201
    Amen (Given)
    166
    Amen (Received)
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Either that or he was implying that, "nice-looking," gas masks, real or replica, are easier to get ahold of than you think ($20-$50 USD on Amazon; if one of those Starbucks-Swilling Yuppies had access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card, that's chump change).
    My point is that a gas mask, real or replica, is unlikely to be owned by the random people participating in the riots. This is in contrast to the (seer would say) professional Antifa rioters.

    If seer's point was that it's not as hard to get a surplus gas mask then I'll admit I missed that, though I don't see how that's relevant.

  8. #38
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Except to a large number of people in Minnesota ... it does. That is why they are going nutsy crazy - they are sick of things like this happening. (But I also condemn the rioting - all rioting does is undermine the support the black community would get from most white people in a situation like this - I just can't see anyone condoning this except crazies)
    Would you please read the post to which you responded once more? I think it should be very clear that what "makes absolutely no sense" was senseless death of George Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    If just ONE OFFICER had stepped forward and said, "hey, lemme take over" or "hey, you can loosen up your grip", or ANYTHING to intervene.... that's something they are trained to do -- the arresting officer may be fired up with adrenaline (not for that long, to be sure) and somebody else needs to step up and bring order. "When the cuffs go on, the fight is over".

    Has anybody mentioned positional asphyxia? They are also trained NEVER leave a suspect face down, because your own weight can cause you breathing problems --- you'll almost ALWAYS see, after the cuffs go on, the officers either helping the guy stand up, or rolling him on his side.

    There is SO MUCH about this that makes absolutely no sense.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #39
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    862
    Amen (Given)
    209
    Amen (Received)
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The ONLY think I can imagine is that Floyd may have balked at getting in the car, but so far, there's zero evidence of that.
    If you look at the video there was a cop car at the curb. In stead of taking him there they took him down the street to another car.

    I think it is possible that the cop knocked him to the ground so he could kill him. First degree murder.

  10. #40
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65,160
    Amen (Given)
    14126
    Amen (Received)
    28975
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    If you look at the video there was a cop car at the curb. In stead of taking him there they took him down the street to another car.

    I think it is possible that the cop knocked him to the ground so he could kill him. First degree murder.
    And why would he do that? The guy was supposedly being charged with passing a counterfeit $20. What motive would the cop have for murdering him? And with everybody standing around with cameras?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •