Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Demanding due process is a legitimate gripe but the rest is B.S.
    I feel bad for the union. They have to defend them somehow. I fear for their families' safety.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Demanding due process is a legitimate gripe but the rest is B.S.
    I agree, though I suspect there will be less arguing whether due process was done and more Rules-Lawyering until they get rehired and the charges reduced due to a minor technicality.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I agree, though I suspect there will be less arguing whether due process was done and more Rules-Lawyering until they get rehired and the charges reduced due to a minor technicality.
    I seriously doubt this will ever go away or get treated as a minor technicality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I feel bad for the union. They have to defend them somehow. I fear for their families' safety.
    Kind of like defense attorneys. They have to defend scum as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

5. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    ... Unsurprisingly, their Union is trying to protect the four cops.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...is-leadership/

Long story short, Lt. Kroll is complaining that the officers were fired without due process, and he's trying to shift blame for all the recent happenings on someone else (namely, city leadership). He's also trying to dredge up the fact Floyd was arrested in 2007 for Armed Robbery, completely ignoring the fact that people can change over time (apparently, Floyd was actively working with Ministries operating in the Third Ward of Houston before he moved to Minneapolis).
    Yeah, EVEN IF Floyd had been arrested for armed robbery, and EVEN IF the arresting officers were aware of that, it does ZERO to justify the manner in which they handled this.
    And, I had been asking - did the Police Union have the integrity to AT LEAST admit this was very disturbing?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I have worked in union shops, but never as a police officer - they could at LEAST showed some integrity by saying something like, "while we are deeply disturbed by what has happened....." OR, put the word out to the guys on the job that "guys, look, there's no way we can excuse what happened..."
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

8. Amen DesertBerean, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I seriously doubt this will ever go away or get treated as a minor technicality.
    Then you are a FAR more optimistic person than I am, rogue.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More like the MSM doesn't care unless it furthers their agenda.
    What exactly do you think their agenda is, rogue?

Look at all the black on black homicides in places like Chicago that they studiously turn a blind eye to for how many years now?
    If they turned a blind eye to it you wouldn't know about it. Do you expect the media to solve the problems as well?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's beginning to sound like some of the officers standing by while Floyd was killed were objecting verbally to what was going on, like, "shouldn't we turn him over", and Chauvin clearly says "no".

That makes the case against the other officers SLIGHTLY less bad - they should have acted - but WORSE for Chauvin, where "intent" may be inferred from the fact that he actually rejected pleas (however weak) from fellow officers to let Floyd up.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's beginning to sound like some of the officers standing by while Floyd was killed were objecting verbally to what was going on, like, "shouldn't we turn him over", and Chauvin clearly says "no".

That makes the case against the other officers SLIGHTLY less bad - they should have acted - but WORSE for Chauvin, where "intent" may be inferred from the fact that he actually rejected pleas (however weak) from fellow officers to let Floyd up.
    Another bit of misinformation is that they in fact did get him into the police car. I initially thought, because that's what folks were saying, that when they brought him over the car he fell. No, he was already inside, and for some reason, Chauvin pulled him and threw him to the ground.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).