Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    If just ONE OFFICER had stepped forward and said, "hey, lemme take over" or "hey, you can loosen up your grip", or ANYTHING to intervene.... that's something they are trained to do -- the arresting officer may be fired up with adrenaline (not for that long, to be sure) and somebody else needs to step up and bring order. "When the cuffs go on, the fight is over".

Has anybody mentioned positional asphyxia? They are also trained NEVER leave a suspect face down, because your own weight can cause you breathing problems --- you'll almost ALWAYS see, after the cuffs go on, the officers either helping the guy stand up, or rolling him on his side.

There is SO MUCH about this that makes absolutely no sense.
    Except to a large number of people in Minnesota ... it does. That is why they are going nutsy crazy - they are sick of things like this happening. (But I also condemn the rioting - all rioting does is undermine the support the black community would get from most white people in a situation like this - I just can't see anyone condoning this except crazies)
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Masks like Antifa wear?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45138[/ATTACH]
      You're excellent at missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        I think he's trying to imply Antifa is inciting the riots.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I think he's trying to imply Antifa is inciting the riots.
          Either that or he was implying that, "nice-looking," gas masks, real or replica, are easier to get ahold of than you think ($20-$50 USD on Amazon; if one of those Starbucks-Swilling Yuppies had access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card, that's chump change).
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            What point did I miss?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              Either that or he was implying that, "nice-looking," gas masks, real or replica, are easier to get ahold of than you think ($20-$50 USD on Amazon; if one of those Starbucks-Swilling Yuppies had access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card, that's chump change).
              You've got to wonder why he was just nonchalantly breaking windows though. What would be the purpose of an antifa guy doing that unless he was trying to make it contagious? It didn't look like that though. Starting a fire I can see the point of or maybe breaking windows in the midst of a crowd to get them to do it too. But what he was doing doesn't make much sense. However, it would make sense if he wanted the police to use that as a justification for more aggressive force in order to stop future looting and destruction of property.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                My point is that a gas mask, real or replica, is unlikely to be owned by the random people participating in the riots. This is in contrast to the (seer would say) professional Antifa rioters.

If seer's point was that it's not as hard to get a surplus gas mask then I'll admit I missed that, though I don't see how that's relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Except to a large number of people in Minnesota ... it does. That is why they are going nutsy crazy - they are sick of things like this happening. (But I also condemn the rioting - all rioting does is undermine the support the black community would get from most white people in a situation like this - I just can't see anyone condoning this except crazies)
                  Would you please read the post to which you responded once more? I think it should be very clear that what "makes absolutely no sense" was senseless death of George Floyd.
                  If just ONE OFFICER had stepped forward and said, "hey, lemme take over" or "hey, you can loosen up your grip", or ANYTHING to intervene.... that's something they are trained to do -- the arresting officer may be fired up with adrenaline (not for that long, to be sure) and somebody else needs to step up and bring order. "When the cuffs go on, the fight is over".

Has anybody mentioned positional asphyxia? They are also trained NEVER leave a suspect face down, because your own weight can cause you breathing problems --- you'll almost ALWAYS see, after the cuffs go on, the officers either helping the guy stand up, or rolling him on his side.

There is SO MUCH about this that makes absolutely no sense.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The ONLY think I can imagine is that Floyd may have balked at getting in the car, but so far, there's zero evidence of that.
                    If you look at the video there was a cop car at the curb. In stead of taking him there they took him down the street to another car.

I think it is possible that the cop knocked him to the ground so he could kill him. First degree murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                      If you look at the video there was a cop car at the curb. In stead of taking him there they took him down the street to another car.

I think it is possible that the cop knocked him to the ground so he could kill him. First degree murder.
                      And why would he do that? The guy was supposedly being charged with passing a counterfeit $20. What motive would the cop have for murdering him? And with everybody standing around with cameras?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        That's the thing. People are rioting over "nothing being done", but all four officers were fired even without an investigation, the guy's been arrested... what more do they want? Putting every police officer in front of a firing squad?
                        He was only formally charged earlier today. Didn't the riots happen before that?

Comment

Would you please read the post to which you responded once more? I think it should be very clear that what "makes absolutely no sense" was senseless death of George Floyd.
                          I understood what you meant CP, and I'm not disagreeing with you or saying that you would support in any way what this officer did.

My reply is a play on words. In other words, what the policemen did absolutely makes no sense -- Except that apparently in the black community where these riots are happening it or things like it happen often enough that to have a policeman do that DOES make sense (i.e. it happens too often) to them --And that is why they are so angry.

Do you understand what I was getting at? My reply is NOT about you

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            He was only formally charged earlier today. Didn't the riots happen before that?
                            They did, but they haven't let up since.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              They did, but they haven't let up since.
                              Understandable I think, in the light of such blatant police brutality.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Understandable I think, in the light of such blatant police brutality.
                                A lot of looting going on too, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the protests other than it being an opportune moment for some.

Comment