Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Charges of murder and manslaughter and bond of $500,000 have been made.

https://trib.al/MoL1fei

I'm confused on the two charges of murder and manslaughter. Why both? They have different criteria.
    It is confusing, but, in effect, the murder charge was for the act that he committed - the murder - and the manslaughter charge is for "his 'culpable negligence' - for what he did not do, in "letting up" after using "such force as is necessary to effect the arrest".

Still trying to figure out the logic.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    You will not be able to convince me that the majority of them were violently protesting. I'm sure the police were reporting it as that, but right now I wouldn't trust those police officers to sit the right way on a toilet seat.
    Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor --- you don't have to trust the police on this -- just watch the films, not just there, but in other cities across the country.

There are actually 'professional rioters" who travel to places like this for the express purpose of doing violence.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There were recorded incidences of police driving down the street indiscriminately spraying tear gas at peaceful protesters.
    Oh I see. I hadn't heard.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh I see. I hadn't heard.
    I think there were a number of incidents that make law enforcement cringe --- like "WOW, it's bad enough for you, now you have to go and do THAT?" I just chalk it up to Yankees*!

*CP is kidding, kinda, I really don't understand at all the state of mind of the police up there.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    You will not be able to convince me that the majority of them were violently protesting. I'm sure the police were reporting it as that, but right now I wouldn't trust those police officers to sit the right way on a toilet seat.
    According to the Governor, and I don't know how they analyzed this, approximately 80% of the protesters were outside rabble rousers. It will be interesting to find out who these people were, and what if anything their agenda was.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not following. They weren't peaceful.
    Here in Atlanta the local reporters were aghast this morning. As the home of MLK Jr. demonstrations almost never get more than boisterous and certainly not rowdy. But as I watched the local ABC and Fox channels this morning, reporters were covering what many were making clear was something that they've never seen before. One of the WSB (the ABC affiliate) reporters declared that she had been covering events here in Atlanta for 28 years and had never seen such destruction here before now.

And to be clear, while several stores were looted and trashed and some fires set (one reporter complained about smelling smoke everywhere) from what I saw what happened here still pales in comparison to what I've seen from some other cities especially the epicenter, Minneapolis.

Yesterday morning, on the radio, someone was reading off the names of all the businesses destroyed or severely damaged there that had been compiled in the early evening from the night before. At that point there were 250.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

There are actually 'professional rioters" who travel to places like this for the express purpose of doing violence.
    One is forced to ponder the mystery of why these professional rioters don't seem to show up at conservative protests. It's like they think that one group will provide much better cover than the other one will. Or maybe that the mayors of these cities where they show up are much more tolerant of and lenient toward liberal groups so being associated with them can come in handy if you get arrested (likely the charges will be dropped unless you were arrested for attacking them or any other first responders)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

10. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Federal Protective Service officer killed, another injured in Oakland shooting amid George Floyd protests

A Federal Protective Service Officer was killed and another injured Friday in a shooting at a federal building in Oakland, California amid protests and violence in the city over the death of George Floyd.

According to the FBI's San Francisco branch, the shooting occurred at the Ronald V Dellums Federal Building when a vehicle approached the building and opened fire at the security officers.

“The FBI has deployed investigators and the Evidence Response Team to the crime scene,” the agency said in a statement. “We will continue to work this investigation alongside the Oakland Police Department.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/federal-p...kland-shooting
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Watch the videos, Leon -- there are people actually walking down the street smashing storefronts, dragging all the liquor out of the liquor store, handing it out to anybody walking by, smashing into Target and literally carrying out anything that wasn't bolted to the floor --- you don't have to trust the police on this -- just watch the films, not just there, but in other cities across the country.

CP do have a source for that? I know there were independent press people at the Ferguson riots saying that the locals were claiming a lot of the rioters weren't from the area, and even cases of antifa doing it to spark violence, but I've never heard of "professional rioters" jumping from city to city in order to riot before.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    One is forced to ponder the mystery of why these professional rioters don't seem to show up at conservative protests. It's like they think that one group will provide much better cover than the other one will. Or maybe that the mayors of these cities where they show up are much more tolerant of and lenient toward liberal groups so being associated with them can come in handy if you get arrested (likely the charges will be dropped unless you were arrested for attacking them or any other first responders)
    Agreed, the protesters, who btw are not all left wingers, are, generally speaking, peaceful demonstrators, and they provide cover for the anti-government anarchists who come in from outside. And those groups vary from what some would call left, or right wing radicals, as well as foreign entities who want to destabilize the country. For Atty Gen Barr to get up there and assert that these outside groups are left wing radicals is just another fabrication which this Administration is known for in their attempt to further divide the country. They're doing a good job at accomplishing that goal.