Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    apparently Chauvin worked outside in his police car and Floyd worked inside, but yeah most people who work a such places know each other.
    It would not be unusual for the civilian bouncer (inside) to turn problem people over to the actual police, when that person wouldn't simply leave the club. So, yeah, that makes sense.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      CNN gives some info about him, including EIGHTEEN complaints against him with Internal Affairs, only two of which here closed by discipline, and at least one other troublesome officer at the scene.

Chauvin was not the only officer on the scene that day with a history of complaints against him.
      Former officer Tou Thao had six complaints filed with internal affairs, one of which was still open, according to the public summary released Thursday. The other five complaints had been closed without discipline.

Chauvin and Floyd were bouncers at the same night club, but I don't know if they knew each other, or worked there at the same time.
      This is from a while ago, but I do have a question. It mentions he had 18 complaints against him and Tou Thao had six. How many complaints does your "typical" cop get? I'm sure there are spurious complaints so the mere fact of having complaints doesn't mean there's a problem, so I'm wondering how far above the average these numbers are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        I do have a question. It mentions he had 18 complaints against him and Tou Thao had six. How many complaints does your "typical" cop get? I'm sure there are spurious complaints so the mere fact of having complaints doesn't mean there's a problem, so I'm wondering how far above the average these numbers are.
        I've been asking the same question for a few days now. I've heard it's not unusual for cops to have complaints made against them, and that these numbers rise in districts with higher crime rates. I'm curious as to the average for Chauvin's peers, including the number of complaints which resulted in disciplinary action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          From DAYS ago....

Yeah? well, I skipped over a lot of the posts from over the weekend. so there!

Comment

• Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• This is looking extremely dire.

2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed during 'unprovoked' attack

IMO I think cities should lift the curfews. I know it's to prevent the looting, but I think the more authorities clamp down, the more this is going to cause mob aggression to push-back. It can become a vicious feedback loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                This is from a while ago, but I do have a question. It mentions he had 18 complaints against him and Tou Thao had six. How many complaints does your "typical" cop get? I'm sure there are spurious complaints so the mere fact of having complaints doesn't mean there's a problem, so I'm wondering how far above the average these numbers are.
                If I'm not mistaken, those were not just "complaints", but complaints that made their way to Internal Affairs. For the length of time he was on the department, it seems pretty high to me.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah? well, I skipped over a lot of the posts from over the weekend. so there!
                  I understand you skipping OTHER posts, but this thread is all about ME!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    This is looking extremely dire.

2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed during 'unprovoked' attack

IMO I think cities should lift the curfews. I know it's to prevent the looting, but I think the more authorities clamp down, the more this is going to cause mob aggression to push-back. It can become a vicious feedback loop.
                    The existence of Cops is provocation enough!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment