Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    New England Journal of Medicine busts the mask myth, saying that you are very unlikely to catch the China flu simply by being briefly in the vicinity of someone, such as walking by them in a grocery store, that it needs to be a prolonged face to face encounter with a symptomatic person.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Another study says that asymptomatic carriers pose little risk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3240...TXb6xOnxYUbST4
    The whole idea of "one way aisles" in grocery stores is nothing but "feel good" idiocy. Almost nobody follows the guidance, including employees.

And if you're walking in the same direction, you're walking in the exhale of the person in front of you for longer than if you simply passed them head-on - plus, you can SEE what's coming.

And if somebody coughs or sneezes, you can simply turn around and go the other way.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The whole idea of "one way aisles" in grocery stores is nothing but "feel good" idiocy. Almost nobody follows the guidance, including employees.

And if you're walking in the same direction, you're walking in the exhale of the person in front of you for longer than if you simply passed them head-on - plus, you can SEE what's coming.

And if somebody coughs or sneezes, you can simply turn around and go the other way.

As I comisserated with a Walmart employee last week, who hates the one way aisles, I commented that we have been so dumbed down by the government that we are seemingly fine to be treated like 5 year olds.

"See the arrows, sweetie? That's the direction you have to go in. Make sure you follow the rules like a good little child!"

It's so stupid I can't believe it. And there are actually employees in some stores who police the aisles and scold you for not going the "right" way.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    As I comisserated with a Walmart employee last week, who hates the one way aisles, I commented that we have been so dumbed down by the government that we are seemingly fine to be treated like 5 year olds.

"See the arrows, sweetie? That's the direction you have to go in. Make sure you follow the rules like a good little child!"

It's so stupid I can't believe it. And there are actually employees in some stores who police the aisles and scold you for not going the "right" way.

It's like a competition to see who can come up with the nuttiest ways to "make us dance".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's like a competition to see who can come up with the nuttiest ways to "make us dance".

I'm getting pretty tired of it all. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this sense that we've all been duped to a certain extent. Especially when I see the rioting hordes and nobody doing anything about it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of it all.
    From the looks of things around here, so are the vast majority of the people.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this sense that we've all been duped to a certain extent. Especially when I see the rioting hordes and nobody doing anything about it.
    When I see a group of people all wearing masks, I have to smile and think, "years from now, people are going to look back at those pictures and think --- MAN, what a bunch of dummies".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I guess there's a certain psychological aspect to wearing masks, too.

People feel more comfortable if they think they have some control over what happens to them, so wearing a mask may help them psychologically. Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions." It allows governments to tell people to do something that is relatively simple, harmless, and makes people feel safer, feel that the powers that be know what to do, etc.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    I guess there's a certain psychological aspect to wearing masks, too.

People feel more comfortable if they think they have some control over what happens to them, so wearing a mask may help them psychologically. Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions." It allows governments to tell people to do something that is relatively simple, harmless, and makes people feel safer, feel that the powers that be know what to do, etc.
    Sure, but my problem is that, initially, Fauci was telling us NOT to wear masks.
    Then - yes, DO wear masks.
    As to the mixed message, some government officials respond with something along the lines of "we were being purposely misleading to make sure there were enough masks for first responders".
    So, the logical question is, "OK, so what ELSE are you being purposely misleading about?"

9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

When I see a group of people all wearing masks, I have to smile and think, "years from now, people are going to look back at those pictures and think --- MAN, what a bunch of dummies".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions."
    Wearing masks is a new form of virtue signalling.

Used properly, they theoretically offer some protection, but most people don't use them properly. You're supposed to strap it on your face, position it so that it fully covers your mouth and nose, and then not touch it again until you remove and dispose of it. All these people who constantly fiddle or keep a mask draped under their chin until someone approaches and then quickly cover their face are not doing themselves a bit of good. Also, if you can't get a tight seal, such as those of us with beards, then a mask is effectively worthless.

There are also health risks associated with keeping your mouth and nose covered for extended periods of time (the mask basically turns into a Petri dish), and especially if a mask is reused.

So for the vast majority of people, a mask offers no benefit at best, and may even put their health at risk.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, my Lord, as I live and breathe.....

Just got a packet from -- no kidding -- coverthatmouth.com -- wanting me to buy face masks in bulk with my CHURCH's LOGO on them.

OR, from that same company, I can get one like THIS!!!!

mouth.jpg