Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Oh, my Lord, as I live and breathe.....

Just got a packet from -- no kidding -- coverthatmouth.com -- wanting me to buy face masks in bulk with my CHURCH's LOGO on them.

OR, from that same company, I can get one like THIS!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45218[/ATTACH]
    Yikes!

I ignored the one way arrows at the grocery store this morning.

I noticed that a lot of people were doing the same thing.

I don't feel guilty at all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Yikes!

I ignore them just out of contempt! (seriously, I don't even look - nobody else does)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...I ignored the one way arrows at the grocery store this morning....
        Actually, it's a clever marketing ploy!!!!

If you want the bread that's just 10 feet "up" the aisle the wrong way, you have to go "up" an adjacent aisle, then come all the way "down" the bread aisle, and you're sure to find more goodies on your little jaunt.

It's a way of making people systematically cover the whole store in a search grid pattern.

Yeah, That's it!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, it's a clever marketing ploy!!!!

If you want the bread that's just 10 feet "up" the aisle the wrong way, you have to go "up" an adjacent aisle, then come all the way "down" the bread aisle, and you're sure to find more goodies on your little jaunt.

It's a way of making people systematically cover the whole store in a search grid pattern.

Yeah, That's it!!!!
          I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Doesn't work with me, though. I pretty much stick to my list.

Mr. mossy, on the other hand..........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Doesn't work with me, though. I pretty much stick to my list.

Mr. mossy, on the other hand..........
            Laughing.....

Our family joke....

CP goes HUNTING at Walmart --- straight to the item, kill it, drag it out of the store --- done!
            Mrs CP goes ShoooooOOOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIIiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg.... .

Comment

Laughing.....

Our family joke....

CP goes HUNTING at Walmart --- straight to the item, kill it, drag it out of the store --- done!
              Mrs CP goes ShoooooOOOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIIiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg.... .

Just the opposite here.

I can be done my entire list, having traversed everywhere I need to go in the store, and Mr. mossy will still be standing in the same aisle that I left him in, perusing all that is on those particular shelves.

It's pretty much a sure thing that I will find him exactly where I left him.

I shopped alone for decades, and it's hard for me to change those "get what you came for and get out" habits.

Comment

Just the opposite here.

I can be done my entire list, having traversed everywhere I need to go in the store, and Mr. mossy will still be standing in the same aisle that I left him in, perusing all that is on those particular shelves.

It's pretty much a sure thing that I will find him exactly where I left him.

I shopped alone for decades, and it's hard for me to change those "get what you came for and get out" habits.
                We have a tradition when we go grocery shopping together --- make a list, but FIRST, stop at our favorite restaurant for a good meal. Then we're not "shopping hungry", and ONE (or both) of us will need a restroom before too long. My wife has this thing about NOT going potty in a public restroom, so....

Comment

We have a tradition when we go grocery shopping together --- make a list, but FIRST, stop at our favorite restaurant for a good meal. Then we're not "shopping hungry", and ONE (or both) of us will need a restroom before too long. My wife has this thing about NOT going potty in a public restroom, so....
                  So, a good excuse to get out of the store fast, then!

I must remember that!

Comment

I saw a new one today: guy wearing a mask that covered his nose and upper lip but left his lower jaw uncovered to make it easier to talk.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Seen several stores I have visited in VA, where our turd of a Governor mandated masks in retail buildings, that had employees walking around with their masks on their chin.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Seen several stores I have visited in VA, where our turd of a Governor mandated masks in retail buildings, that had employees walking around with their masks on their chin.
                        I see that a LOT! Or even hanging off one ear, like they can put it on quickly if a supervisor shows up or something.

Comment

I'm serious, we need to document this stuff, get it out there, and tell people, "The mask y'all have been wearing for the past several weeks has not done you one bit of good, and yet you haven't gotten sick, so ditch the mask and stop worrying!"

Comment

The mask thing is starting to piss me off. I stopped by Guitar Center today and was happy to see there wasn't a line of people waiting to get in because of "social distancing" rules. As I approached the door, an employee sitting outside said, "Do you have a mask?"

I smiled and said, "Nope. I'm just here to pick up some drum sticks."

"Well, I can't let you on the premises without a mask."

I immediately turned around and walked away. He hollered after me, "I can get you one!"

I said, "No thanks. I'll just do just do my shopping on Amazon."

Of course the guy immediately draped his own mask under his chin as soon as I was a "safe" distance away, meaning that he was now breathing in whatever germs had been stopped by the mask. And now that I think about it, he would have had to touch whatever mask he brought me, so it wouldn't have been sterile anyway.

This whole idea that masks will protect you is stupid. And is it going to stop with the Wuhan virus? Flu season happens every year, so is this going to become the new normal? That we won't be able to support local businesses without wearing a mask? I hope not, but people sure have been quite eager to surrender their basic liberties.

Comment

Yikes!

I took a photo of you shopping..maybe you should use it as your new avatar.

mossyshop.JPG

Comment

When the "one way arrows" are pointed out to me, I say, "yeah, thanks, I'm only going one way at a time".

ETA:

Jude: And which direction were you going when you were backing away?
                                Rooster Cogburn: BACKWARDS! I ALWAYS go backwards when I'm backing away!!!

Comment