Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CP, this is probably where those facemasks are being made:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      CP, this is probably where those facemasks are being made:

Yeah, I saw that -- such a pristine sterile environment!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The mask thing is starting to piss me off. I stopped by Guitar Center today and was happy to see there wasn't a line of people waiting to get in because of "social distancing" rules. As I approached the door, an employee sitting outside said, "Do you have a mask?"

I smiled and said, "Nope. I'm just here to pick up some drum sticks."

"Well, I can't let you on the premises without a mask."

I immediately turned around and walked away. He hollered after me, "I can get you one!"

I said, "No thanks. I'll just do just do my shopping on Amazon."

Of course the guy immediately draped his own mask under his chin as soon as I was a "safe" distance away, meaning that he was now breathing in whatever germs had been stopped by the mask. And now that I think about it, he would have had to touch whatever mask he brought me, so it wouldn't have been sterile anyway.

This whole idea that masks will protect you is stupid. And is it going to stop with the Wuhan virus? Flu season happens every year, so is this going to become the new normal? That we won't be able to support local businesses without wearing a mask? I hope not, but people sure have been quite eager to surrender their basic liberties.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45303[/ATTACH]
        I noted in another thread that when I stopped at Walmart around noon on my way home that roughly a third of the customers are no longer wearing any sort of face covering. I asked the kid at the front door, who monitors customer traffic in and out of the store, if he has noticed this and he said it has been that way ever since the beginning of the week.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I see that a LOT! Or even hanging off one ear, like they can put it on quickly if a supervisor shows up or something.
          It's also there so if a customer approaches they can quickly adjust it since I've seen more than a few obvious managers or supervisors doing the same thing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It's also there so if a customer approaches they can quickly adjust it since I've seen more than a few obvious managers or supervisors doing the same thing.
            I think I shared where the little girl (speaks a form of Engrish) at Burger King tried taking my order from behind a plexiglass screen, her wearing a mask and mostly mumbling, me not hearing a word she says, and they got my order TOTALLY wrong.

The owner of that Burger King is a friend of mine, so I told him about the situation, cause he can't fix what he doesn't know is broke.

That Burger King is ridiculous -- people are masked up, behind plexiglass, and they have a plastic tray that they slide out through a window in the plexiglass for you to put your credit card or money in, then they put your receipt in that little plastic tray..... It kinda reminds me of how you used to go into a bank, and it was bulletproof glass, except for that little window you had to bend over to talk through...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I took a photo of you shopping..maybe you should use it as your new avatar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45315[/ATTACH]
              If you size it for me, I'll use it for a while!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                If you size it for me, I'll use it for a while!

Just save it to your computer then upload it to your avatar, it should resize itself.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    It's so you!

Comment

Well, it really isn't me, but that's ok. We all need a good giggle once in a while.

Comment

(Something about the direct capture of this link wont work as a link, so here it is in text form as best I can get it for now)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...-bn/index.html

Source: above

"We feel very strongly that masks alone are not enough and we're worried that people thinking that if they put on a mask, a homemade mask or a fabric mask, that they're fully protected against this virus and they're not," Van Kerkhove said. "So we want to ensure that people still do physical distancing, people still adhere to the measures that their leaders are telling them to adhere to, and the bottom line is that anyone ill, anyone who is feeling unwell, should already be at home."

© Copyright Original Source

Again, notice they are looking at protection from others, as well as the psychology of thinking one is 'completely safe', which could encourage reduce efforts to complyvwirh other important aspects of reducing spread.

This statement comes as their guidance wrt wearing masks changes to reflect new evidence on the effectiveness of mask wearing by the general public.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-06-2020, 05:59 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So, WHO continues to spew forth ignorance and contradict itself.

Live updates: WHO walks back comment about asymptomatic coronavirus spread;

The World Health Organization was forced on Tuesday to clarify its position on whether people without symptoms are widely spreading the new coronavirus, saying much remains unknown about asymptomatic transmission. A day earlier, an official with the organization called such transmissions “very rare,” touching off a furious scientific debate and attracting widespread criticism.

The question of whether asymptomatic people help drive the virus’s spread is critical, especially as countries around the world move to reopen their economies, struggle to contain rising caseloads, or both. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who has resisted restrictive measures even as his country has become one of the hardest-hit in the world, used the WHO official’s earlier comment to argue yet again that the novel coronavirus poses little threat and that Brazil should completely reopen.

These people really need to lose funding - they keep putting out contradictory information.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            So, WHO continues to spew forth ignorance and contradict itself.

Live updates: WHO walks back comment about asymptomatic coronavirus spread;

The World Health Organization was forced on Tuesday to clarify its position on whether people without symptoms are widely spreading the new coronavirus, saying much remains unknown about asymptomatic transmission. A day earlier, an official with the organization called such transmissions “very rare,” touching off a furious scientific debate and attracting widespread criticism.

The question of whether asymptomatic people help drive the virus’s spread is critical, especially as countries around the world move to reopen their economies, struggle to contain rising caseloads, or both. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who has resisted restrictive measures even as his country has become one of the hardest-hit in the world, used the WHO official’s earlier comment to argue yet again that the novel coronavirus poses little threat and that Brazil should completely reopen.

These people really need to lose funding - they keep putting out contradictory information.
                            Yeah when several friends on facecrack posted the WHO article about how asymptomatic carriers don't spread COVID, I posted that I don't trust what the WHO says at all. They are a mickey mouse outfit.

Defund the WHO!

Comment

Yeah when several friends on facecrack posted the WHO article about how asymptomatic carriers don't spread COVID, I posted that I don't trust what the WHO says at all. They are a mickey mouse outfit.

Defund the WHO!
                              DEFUND THE WHO!!!!

who.jpg

Let them go back on tour and fund themselves!!!!

Comment

I was refused entry to another store yesterday because I wasn't wearing a mask. The irony is that the security guard who told me I needed a mask wasn't even wearing his properly -- he was doing the classic "cover the mouth but not the nose" routine. I didn't even bother to point this out and just told him I was happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Later I saw a guy pull his mask down, vigorously scratch his nose, and then reposition the mask on his face.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment