Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    You are referring, of course, to all the rioting going on across the states right now. Hordes of people with and without masks looting and destroying property. Yes, indeed, they are certainly being callous with human life. Purposely getting within 6 feet of others so they can create destruction in their wake.
    Where are all of the reporters, governors and mayors condemning them for wanting to kill gramma?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which, of course, is the reason for the bullet point #2 - Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

I'd still love to see the rationale for "one way aisles" in Walmart -- even the employees stocking shelves totally ignore them.
    My main concern is that people who do wear them will slack on precautions in other matters. Thankfully that hasn't happened.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    My main concern is that people who do wear them will slack on precautions in other matters. Thankfully that hasn't happened.
    It's just so silly - I frequently see two people in a vehicle driving along wearing masks --- assuming they're family (many times looks like husband/wife) --- why wear masks in YOUR OWN VEHICLE? Do they wear masks in their HOME? When they go to bed together?

And gloves --- people wear gloves to touch the pin pad on the credit card processor, the food items they handle, their own faces.... The IDIOCY in this is absolutely astounding.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've seen many people not wear the mask over their noses. Why even bother wearing a mask if it isn't covering both air passages?!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I've seen many people not wear the mask over their noses. Why even bother wearing a mask if it isn't covering both air passages?!
    The logic there, as has been told to me, is to protect others from coughing or sneezing, but, yeah...
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    If you get too close it's not. You can be contagious and not have any symptoms. Do you purposefully get within 6 ,feet of them?

This is exactly the sort of paranoia that is going to make it so difficult for us to return to normal living. So many people's lives have been destroyed because of this nonsense.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am hereby coining a term (if it's not already out there)....

Coronaphobia

I talked with a man yesterday on the phone who is absolutely TERRIFIED of getting Covid. His family says this is new - he never had this kind of fear before.
    He's older - 68-70, but in great health, and I believe him to be a Christian.
    He won't go outside, makes his wife take a shower when she comes home and put her clothes in the laundry, and is CONSTANTLY doing the hand sanitizer and mask thing.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That is a big advantage. As can be seen in Asia.
    Yeah. Everyone here wears them when in public, stores, offices, shopping, meetings, etc. But it's a bit of a cultural thing here, people would wear them if they had a cold and had to go to school or whatever. Also as protection against air pollution. So people are used to it already.

They probably have some benefit in reducing the spread of infection from people who are infected. May reduce the amount of particles coming out, and also reduce the amount we (unconsciously) touch or faces, mouth, noses, eyes. Don't know if that's helped here, but infection rates are now way down, almost all new cases for a while now are people returning from abroad.

I came across someone saying that most masks were ineffective because they don't screen out particles down to the very small size of the actual virus. But I think that completely misses the point - AFAIK what transmits infection is not so much individual viruses being sneezed or sprayed out, but droplets of saliva etc which contain many viruses, infected cells etc. These droplets suspend for a time in the air, and can be breathed in, thus leading to an infection. So the point is to stop / reduce the number of these droplets coming out of an infected person, which surgical masks would to some degree do.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I am hereby coining a term (if it's not already out there)....

Coronaphobia

I talked with a man yesterday on the phone who is absolutely TERRIFIED of getting Covid. His family says this is new - he never had this kind of fear before.
    He's older - 68-70, but in great health, and I believe him to be a Christian.
    He won't go outside, makes his wife take a shower when she comes home and put her clothes in the laundry, and is CONSTANTLY doing the hand sanitizer and mask thing.

Which is insane, because people who are prone to dying from the China flu are the same people prone to dying from the common flu, but I have never before seen this sort of irrational fear grip the country.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Michael Chrichton, State of Fear.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.