Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Or the person who "invented" a mask with a hole in the front so that people could visit a bar and still be able to sip their drinks. At that point, you may as well not even bother wearing a mask at all.
    It's kind of like snipping the end off a condom and still expecting it to work.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      I've seen many people not wear the mask over their noses. Why even bother wearing a mask if it isn't covering both air passages?!
      Folks with underlining health problems, i.e. overweight, who spend a lot of exertion just to move around might struggle to breath in one. I'm a very healthy dude, but I know I couldn't possibly exercise wearing one because it would greatly restrict my breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        It's kind of like snipping the end off a condom and still expecting it to work.
        Although this could work in our favor. If we point out just how many people are using masks and rubber gloves in ways that offer no benefit whatsoever, and yet they're not getting sick, then maybe we can convince folks to ditch the practice and return to some semblance of normalcy.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Folks with underlining health problems, i.e. overweight, who spend a lot of exertion just to move around might struggle to breath in one. I'm a very healthy dude, but I know I couldn't possibly exercise wearing one because it would greatly restrict my breathing.
          I'm in pretty good health but find it difficult to breath while wearing a mask when I exert myself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

New England Journal of Medicine busts the mask myth, saying that you are very unlikely to catch the China flu simply by being briefly in the vicinity of someone, such as walking by them in a grocery store, that it needs to be a prolonged face to face encounter with a symptomatic person.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Another study says that asymptomatic carriers pose little risk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3240...TXb6xOnxYUbST4

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              New England Journal of Medicine busts the mask myth, saying that you are very unlikely to catch the China flu simply by being briefly in the vicinity of someone, such as walking by them in a grocery store, that it needs to be a prolonged face to face encounter with a symptomatic person.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Another study says that asymptomatic carriers pose little risk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3240...TXb6xOnxYUbST4
              The whole idea of "one way aisles" in grocery stores is nothing but "feel good" idiocy. Almost nobody follows the guidance, including employees.

And if you're walking in the same direction, you're walking in the exhale of the person in front of you for longer than if you simply passed them head-on - plus, you can SEE what's coming.

And if somebody coughs or sneezes, you can simply turn around and go the other way.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                The whole idea of "one way aisles" in grocery stores is nothing but "feel good" idiocy. Almost nobody follows the guidance, including employees.

And if you're walking in the same direction, you're walking in the exhale of the person in front of you for longer than if you simply passed them head-on - plus, you can SEE what's coming.

And if somebody coughs or sneezes, you can simply turn around and go the other way.

As I comisserated with a Walmart employee last week, who hates the one way aisles, I commented that we have been so dumbed down by the government that we are seemingly fine to be treated like 5 year olds.

"See the arrows, sweetie? That's the direction you have to go in. Make sure you follow the rules like a good little child!"

It's so stupid I can't believe it. And there are actually employees in some stores who police the aisles and scold you for not going the "right" way.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  As I comisserated with a Walmart employee last week, who hates the one way aisles, I commented that we have been so dumbed down by the government that we are seemingly fine to be treated like 5 year olds.

"See the arrows, sweetie? That's the direction you have to go in. Make sure you follow the rules like a good little child!"

It's so stupid I can't believe it. And there are actually employees in some stores who police the aisles and scold you for not going the "right" way.

It's like a competition to see who can come up with the nuttiest ways to "make us dance".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's like a competition to see who can come up with the nuttiest ways to "make us dance".

I'm getting pretty tired of it all. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this sense that we've all been duped to a certain extent. Especially when I see the rioting hordes and nobody doing anything about it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I'm getting pretty tired of it all.
                      From the looks of things around here, so are the vast majority of the people.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this sense that we've all been duped to a certain extent. Especially when I see the rioting hordes and nobody doing anything about it.
                      When I see a group of people all wearing masks, I have to smile and think, "years from now, people are going to look back at those pictures and think --- MAN, what a bunch of dummies".

Comment

I guess there's a certain psychological aspect to wearing masks, too.

People feel more comfortable if they think they have some control over what happens to them, so wearing a mask may help them psychologically. Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions." It allows governments to tell people to do something that is relatively simple, harmless, and makes people feel safer, feel that the powers that be know what to do, etc.
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          I guess there's a certain psychological aspect to wearing masks, too.

People feel more comfortable if they think they have some control over what happens to them, so wearing a mask may help them psychologically. Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions." It allows governments to tell people to do something that is relatively simple, harmless, and makes people feel safer, feel that the powers that be know what to do, etc.
                          Sure, but my problem is that, initially, Fauci was telling us NOT to wear masks.
                          Then - yes, DO wear masks.
                          As to the mixed message, some government officials respond with something along the lines of "we were being purposely misleading to make sure there were enough masks for first responders".
                          So, the logical question is, "OK, so what ELSE are you being purposely misleading about?"

Comment

When I see a group of people all wearing masks, I have to smile and think, "years from now, people are going to look back at those pictures and think --- MAN, what a bunch of dummies".

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Also it's a simple visual signal to communicate "I'm trying to keep you guys safe by my actions."
                              Wearing masks is a new form of virtue signalling.

Used properly, they theoretically offer some protection, but most people don't use them properly. You're supposed to strap it on your face, position it so that it fully covers your mouth and nose, and then not touch it again until you remove and dispose of it. All these people who constantly fiddle or keep a mask draped under their chin until someone approaches and then quickly cover their face are not doing themselves a bit of good. Also, if you can't get a tight seal, such as those of us with beards, then a mask is effectively worthless.

There are also health risks associated with keeping your mouth and nose covered for extended periods of time (the mask basically turns into a Petri dish), and especially if a mask is reused.

So for the vast majority of people, a mask offers no benefit at best, and may even put their health at risk.

Comment

Oh, my Lord, as I live and breathe.....

Just got a packet from -- no kidding -- coverthatmouth.com -- wanting me to buy face masks in bulk with my CHURCH's LOGO on them.

OR, from that same company, I can get one like THIS!!!!

mouth.jpg

Comment