Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do NOT Wear Face Masks? -- WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I was refused entry to another store yesterday because I wasn't wearing a mask. The irony is that the security guard who told me I needed a mask wasn't even wearing his properly -- he was doing the classic "cover the mouth but not the nose" routine. I didn't even bother to point this out and just told him I was happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Later I saw a guy pull his mask down, vigorously scratch his nose, and then reposition the mask on his face.

Yeah, my wife was refused entry into a shoe store because she wasn't wearing a mask, and two of the EMPLOYEES she saw in the store were not wearing masks. When she pointed this out, the lady at the door told her, "well, they're not interacting with customers, they're doing restocking".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was at Target to buy shoes with my daughter this evening, and there was a big sign that said something to the effect of, "For the safety of our staff and customers, please do not handle or try on shoes." Well, how the heck are you supposed to figure out if you even want to buy them!

It's like the China flu pandemic has been followed by the stupidity pandemic.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I was at Target to buy shoes with my daughter this evening, and there was a big sign that said something to the effect of, "For the safety of our staff and customers, please do not handle or try on shoes." Well, how the heck are you supposed to figure out if you even want to buy them!

It's like the China flu pandemic has been followed by the stupidity pandemic.
        It is stupid like the times when a place says they have disinfected all the furniture and floors before reopening. The virus would not be anywhere on the furniture after months of being vacant. And the few people that were in the buildings would not infect the place with the virus to any significant level (if at all).

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          It is stupid like the times when a place says they have disinfected all the furniture and floors before reopening. The virus would not be anywhere on the furniture after months of being vacant.
          What's the lifespan of COVID-19 outside of the host?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            The chart has been shared around here several times.

It has a half life of about 2 minutes at the beach or in the sun on a semi-hot day. I think that chart said the half life was

The worst one listed was: 18 hours indoors at 70-75degF and 20% humidity. Higher humidity decreased the time.

The chart appears on the following thread:
            http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...utbreaks/page6

A California site says
            there remains a strong likelihood of a significant and increasing number of cases of community transmission; some individuals who contract the novel coronavirus have no symptoms or have only mild symptoms, and so are unaware that they carry virus and are transmitting it to others; evidence shows that the novel coronavirus can survive for hours or even days on surfaces and can be indirectly transmitted between individuals.

Comment

Is is amazingly ineffective at peaceful demonstrations and riots, but absolutely deadly in churches and conservative campaign rallies.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So get this: When we were at Target where you aren't allowed to handle or try on shoes, my daughter fell in love with a particular pair of sandals and insisted that she just knew they would fit without having to try them, so I relented and bought them for her. Turns out they didn't fit as well as she expected, and so with some trepidation, I brought them back to the store expecting them to refuse the return based on their "no handling; no try-ons" policy. Tto my surprise, they happily accepted the return without question.

How much sense does that make? You can't handle or try on the shoes in the store, but you can buy them, take them home to handle and try on as much as you want, and then bring them back for a refund.

Comment

Depends on where you are, but an air conditioned store where the humidity is low with lots of people around is one of the worst environments for transmission and hence one of the most important places to wear masks.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So get this: When we were at Target where you aren't allowed to handle or try on shoes, my daughter fell in love with a particular pair of sandals and insisted that she just knew they would fit without having to try them, so I relented and bought them for her. Turns out they didn't fit as well as she expected, and so with some trepidation, I brought them back to the store expecting them to refuse the return based on their "no handling; no try-ons" policy. Tto my surprise, they happily accepted the return without question.

How much sense does that make? You can't handle or try on the shoes in the store, but you can buy them, take them home to handle and try on as much as you want, and then bring them back for a refund.
                    Because they're gonna pretend to sanitize them when the put them back on the rack.

Comment

• An Oregon county has exempted non-whites from wearing masks because they don't want them to look like bandits.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...ople-of-color/

That seems kinda racist to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        An Oregon county has exempted non-whites from wearing masks because they don't want them to look like bandits.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...ople-of-color/

That seems kinda racist to me...
                        From the article:

“For many black people, deciding whether or not to wear a bandanna in public to protect themselves and others from contracting coronavirus is a lose-lose situation that can result in life-threatening consequences either way,” ReNika Moore, director of the ACLU’s Racial Justice Program, told CNN.

Trevon Logan, who is black, said mask-wearing orders are “basically telling people to look dangerous given racial stereotypes that are out there.”

“This is in the larger context of black men fitting the description of a suspect who has a hood on, who has a face covering on,” said Logan, an economics professor at Ohio State University.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                          From the article:

“For many black people, deciding whether or not to wear a bandanna in public to protect themselves and others from contracting coronavirus is a lose-lose situation that can result in life-threatening consequences either way,” ReNika Moore, director of the ACLU’s Racial Justice Program, told CNN.

Trevon Logan, who is black, said mask-wearing orders are “basically telling people to look dangerous given racial stereotypes that are out there.”

“This is in the larger context of black men fitting the description of a suspect who has a hood on, who has a face covering on,” said Logan, an economics professor at Ohio State University.
                          It's like something you would read in the Babylon Bee, but this is for real!

Comment