Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Media Mass Scripting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    To be fair, local stations do not necessarily reflect the views of the parent network.
    When stations all over the country report with the same words, we don't have isolated local stations making the script.

Comment

I have concerns that some source is pushing a narrative about the economy here. It has been leftists who have been most interested in downplaying the economy, promoting a recession.

If the local stations had more control of the news stories, I think they would have rejected this one.

Here are some stations that I picked out of this second sampling
      Newswatch 12 kdrv.com ABC Oregon and California

Newswatch 16 wndp.com ABC Pennsylvania

WDHN ABC Dothan, Alabama

WFXP FOX Pennysylvania

KTTC NBC/CW Rochester, Minnesota

WWTV (9and10news.com) CBS Cadillac, Michigan

cbs3springfield.com CBS Massachussetts

wtol 11 CBS Toledo, Ohio

wkbt.com CBS Wisconsin

News 13 ABC North Carolina

News 13 ABC Colorado Springs
      Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-31-2020, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Like I said, those look to be local news stations.

BTW, here is the list of Sinclair TV stations. You can see quite a few in CA, NY and OR. Probably a bunch more in other non-traitorous states but you don't really care anyway so why bother wasting my time.
        Dear ABC,CNN, NBC and CBS, one of your leftist minions is defecting.
        Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-30-2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I have concerns that some source is pushing a narrative about the economy here. It has been leftists who have been most interested in downplaying the economy, promoting a recession.

If the local stations had more control of the news stories, I think they would have rejected this one.

Here are some stations that I picked out of this second sampling
          Newswatch 12 kdrv.com ABC Oregon and California

Newswatch 16 wndp.com ABC Pennsylvania

WDHN ABC Dothan, Alabama

WFXP FOX Pennysylvania

KTTC NBC/CW Rochester, Minnesota

WWTV (9and10news.com) CBS Cadillac, Michigan
          That video (the first 1:40 which is all I watched) dates from a 2013 Conan O'Brien show.

Will you use this knowledge to become incrementally more skeptical of conspiracy theories?

Comment

That video (the first 1:40 which is all I watched) dates from a 2013 Conan O'Brien show.

Will you use this knowledge to become incrementally more skeptical of conspiracy theories?
            Interesting source you found. Are you saying Conan O'Brien made this up or that he just thought it was a hoot to show us?

I'm not sure what your point is?

Comment

Interesting source you found. Are you saying Conan O'Brien made this up or that he just thought it was a hoot to show us?

I'm not sure what your point is?
              I assume it was compiled by this show back in 2013. My point is you said this

Which I took to mean that you thought these clips were from this year and geared towards triggering a recession in the rapidly worsening COVID45 economy.

Comment

BTW, here is the list of Sinclair TV stations. You can see quite a few in CA, NY and OR. Probably a bunch more in other non-traitorous states but you don't really care anyway so why bother wasting my time.
                Sinclair is well-known for having local newscasters read specific stories from a script. Have you seen the John Oliver episode on it?

Language warning for anyone who's sensitive about that kind of thing.

---

Maybe there's some liberal media conglomerate that does the same thing, but I wouldn't know who it is...

Comment

How many people have seen or heard a bunch of instances where local TV news reports all are saying the same thing?

I'm seeing some cases where maybe 20 to 40 separate newscasts are played simultaneously with people saying the same thing. Often these will be placed sequentially or in pairs to see and hear the matched reports more clearly. I have heard this also for Democrat house members who all use the same terminology to speak of Trump, or of other politicized issues.

The last one was a news report about that mailorder company named after a jungle. All the news reports were saying some of the same words but also continuing to just give free advertising to that company.

I'm also amazed at the ability to collect all these newscasts and position so many of these together in sync with each other.
                  You find it in the national news as well. They use the exact same terms and expressions when covering a story. In fact there were charts and/or video montages demonstrating this right after the 2016 Republican convention as well as after the Ukrainian shakedown hoax started for example.

7bd.jpg
                  This isn't the one I saw but it serves to make the point

2-2.jpg
                  ETA: This was one of them

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Per Wikipedia

Sinclair has faced scrutiny from some media critics, as well as some of its station employees, for the conservative slant of their stations' news reporting and other programming decisions, and how the company's rapid growth has aided the airing of content that supports these views.[2][3][4] Sinclair has also faced criticism over business practices that circumvent concentration of media ownership regulations, particularly the use of local marketing agreements, accusations that the company had been currying favor with the Trump administration in order to loosen these rules[5] and about its management lacking diversity and being totally controlled by a single family.[6] Critics including former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather have described Sinclair's practices as being "an assault on our democracy" by disseminating what they perceive to be Orwellian-like propaganda to its local stations
                    Citing Dan Rather about something being an assault on democracy is like citing Hitler calling someone anti-Semitic.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      To be fair, local stations do not necessarily reflect the views of the parent network.
                      It seems like most Fox affiliates are nothing like the Fox News channel.

Comment

Your comment reveals more than you probably wanted.

Comment

How many people have seen or heard a bunch of instances where local TV news reports all are saying the same thing?

I'm seeing some cases where maybe 20 to 40 separate newscasts are played simultaneously with people saying the same thing. Often these will be placed sequentially or in pairs to see and hear the matched reports more clearly. I have heard this also for Democrat house members who all use the same terminology to speak of Trump, or of other politicized issues.

The last one was a news report about that mailorder company named after a jungle. All the news reports were saying some of the same words but also continuing to just give free advertising to that company.

I'm also amazed at the ability to collect all these newscasts and position so many of these together in sync with each other.
                          Not mass scripting. but local news buying stock news stories. Much like stock photos, there are agencies that sell subscriptions to news stories, usually "local flavor" and "human insterest" stories. The local news agencies use these stories as "fillers" - so you end up with them all reading the same 'script' and then showing the same video clips.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            You find it in the national news as well. They use the exact same terms and expressions when covering a story. In fact there were charts and/or video montages demonstrating this right after the 2016 Republican convention as well as after the Ukrainian shakedown hoax started for example.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45163[/ATTACH]
                            This isn't the one I saw but it serves to make the point

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45164[/ATTACH]
                            ETA: This was one of them
                            I mentioned that earlier. Rush Limbaugh regularly plays clips on his show of talking heads from the major networks all using identical words and phrases to describe a story. At least in the case of stations owned by Sinclair and other media conglomerates, it's pretty easy to figure out who is calling the shots, but what about national networks that are all owned by different companies? Who is the puppet master pulling their strings?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Your comment reveals more than you probably wanted.
                              Do tell. I truly believe that a significant number of Trump supporters are traitors to this country's values.

Comment

Do tell. I truly believe that a significant number of Trump supporters are traitors to this country's values.
                                And to moral standards and the very religious values, they claim to support.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment