Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Except there is no evidence that police brutality is anything but rare...
    It's not rare, there's reasons to believe there's several times more police brutality than what is reported. However even if it really was rare, don't forget the phrase "One bad apple spoils the bunch."

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      It's not rare, there's reasons to believe there's several times more police brutality than what is reported. However even if it really was rare, don't forget the phrase "One bad apple spoils the bunch."
      Does that phrase also apply to "peaceful" protests?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        True, some bad actors will always find their ways into the system, and in the case of the police, they need to be rooted out as well, but the issue in this case is the overall disparity in the treatment by police of blacks compared to that of whites.

http://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/p...ing-of-blacks/
        Jim of course there is a disparity with blacks, they have the highest crime rates in the country so there is more opportunity for things to go wrong. And whites are much more likely to have bad interactions with cops, or killed by cops, than Asians. Is that a racial thing?
        Last edited by seer; 05-31-2020, 01:37 PM.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Two points Leonhard, first, most of these cases we are seeing are happening in cities run by liberals. Point two, we have good policing rules, but we can't prevent all possible violations.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Jim of course there is a disparity with blacks, they have the highest crime rates in the country so there is more opportunity for things to go wrong. And whites are much more likely to have bad interactions with cops, or killed by cops, than Asians. Is that a racial thing?
            They have the highest crime rates for the same reason that whites living in poverty have higher crime rates than whites not living in poverty. But we're talking about the disparity in the treatment of blacks by police, and by the justice system in general, compared to that of whites, not the crime rates.
            Last edited by JimL; 05-31-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

They have the highest crime rates for the same reason that whites living in poverty have higher crime rates than whites not living in poverty. But we're talking about the disparity in the treatment of blacks by police, and by the justice system in general, compared to that of whites, not the crime rates.
              Nonsense Jim, blacks are 13% of the population yet commit 51% of murders and eight more times likely to rob than whites. So accounting for the disparity in crime we account for the disparity in treatment. Again more crime, more interaction with the police, hence more things to go wrong.

Comment

Nonsense Jim, blacks are 13% of the population yet commit 51% of murders and eight more times likely to rob than whites. So accounting for the disparity in crime we account for the disparity in treatment. Again more crime, more interaction with the police, hence more things to go wrong.
                Oh, I see what you're saying now, seer. Floyds murder was not police abuse, it was just something going wrong.

Comment

Oh, I see what you're saying now, seer. Floyds murder was not police abuse, it was just something going wrong.
                  Don't be an idiot Jim.

Comment

101808888_3590818154278626_1481387860236959744_n.jpg

Comment

Don't be an idiot Jim.
                      You're the one that said it seer. You equated police abuse with just something going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Does that phrase also apply to "peaceful" protests?
                        I'll gladly admit that violent protesters are counter productive.

Comment

Don't be an idiot Jim.
                          I don't think he can help it.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You're the one that said it seer. You equated police abuse with just something going wrong.
                            No Jim, I'm just not feeding into your racial meme.

Comment

So I guess there will be no problem with voting in person at the polls...
                              From the Babylon Bee:

Source: WHO Scientists Confirm Coronavirus Only Spreads At Conservative Protests

WHO scientists have confirmed that the coronavirus only spreads at problematic protests, like conservative rallies, Trump campaign events, and Second Amendment rights demonstrations. The study found that the coronavirus will not spread at progressive protests or violent riots.

The WHO study showed that only Republicans, 2nd Amendment demonstrators, and Trump supporters can spread dangerous viruses when they break lockdown to assemble and protest, not any other kind of protesters.

"You only want people to die if you go protest for conservative causes -- otherwise, you're safe," said a W.H.O. scientist as he mixed two differently colored liquids together. They exploded and his hair went straight back, burning his face. "AHHHHH!!!"

Unfortunately, the scientist was later discovered to be a bunch of raccoons in a lab coat, so the results of the study may be suspect.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45176[/ATTACH]
                                lootbymail.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment