Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I brought up the case in the first image in another thread

In sharp contrast, the MSM is bending over backwards trying to minimize the violence and destruction during the riots over Floyd's death. No better example of this can be provided than senior economic correspondent for NBC, Ali Velshi, declaring on MSNBC while he is standing in front of a freaking building that was set afire, that "I want to be clear on how I characterize this. This is mostly a protest. It is not generally speaking unruly."

Looks like someone is auditioning for the role of being the new Baghdad Bob.
    baghdadbob.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45167[/ATTACH]
      just-like.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declared this weekend that "white supremacists" and "out-of-state instigators" are likely responsible for the violent protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Of course the facts don't support him and reveal that over 85% of those arrested are locals and pictures of them reveal few that could even possibly be white supremacists. When this was pointed out to Frey his office simply responded "we'll look into this."

One has to wonder if Frey thinks there were a bunch of MAGA hat wearing white folks splashing bleach on peaceful protesters while placing nooses around their necks.

Comment

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declared this weekend that "white supremacists" and "out-of-state instigators" are likely responsible for the violent protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Of course the facts don't support him and reveal that over 85% of those arrested are locals and pictures of them reveal few that could even possibly be white supremacists. When this was pointed out to Frey his office simply responded "we'll look into this."

One has to wonder if Frey thinks there were a bunch of MAGA hat wearing white folks splashing bleach on peaceful protesters while placing nooses around their necks.
          While Minnesota Democrats are seeking to blame "white supremacists" and the like for the violence tearing their cities apart we should keep this in mind

EZR2KTMX0AEq0Z1.jpg
          That's Minnesota AG and former Deputy Chair of the
          Democratic National Committee Keith Ellison proudly
          posing with a book by antifa that he posted over the weekend

Who do you think is more likely involved in the violent rioting over Floyd's death? White supremacists or antifa thugs?

Comment

Who do you think is more likely involved in the violent rioting over Floyd's death? White supremacists or antifa thugs?
            No question...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Dozen of people across the country have been arrested and fined for violating social distancing orders. Our churches here in my state sill can not open. Yet we have hundreds and thousands of protesters marching arm and arm and shoulder to shoulder. Why the double standard? If we have a spike of infections can we blame these people?
              And so you wander into complianing about the absolutely absurd instead of allowing the current climate and situation to wake you up to the absurdity of the positions you've taken on both covid and racial unrest in this country?
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                And so you wander into complianing about the absolutely absurd instead of allowing the current climate and situation to wake you up to the absurdity of the positions you've taken on both covid and racial unrest in this country?
                Well double standards are double standards...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declared this weekend that "white supremacists" and "out-of-state instigators" are likely responsible for the violent protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death.
                  Uh oh, did Covington Catholic High School sponsor another field trip?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Well double standards are double standards...
                    (WARNING, ANALOGY FOLLOWS)
                    So, you would arrest a crowd rescuing a man trapped in a burning car for violating covid social distancing requirements?
                    (END ANALOGY)
                    These people (not the handful creating the violence and mayhem) are protesting the general disparity in law enforcement treatment of black individuals that has been brought into very sharp focus by several recent events, the last two of which have pushed people beyond their capacity to tolerate it one more day. Those two events would be the Arbery case and now the explicit and public murder of Floyd while other officers stood by and watched.

Many of them are wearing masks in compliance with covid19 guidance.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-01-2020, 08:49 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

(WARNING, ANALOGY FOLLOWS)
                      So, you would arrest a crowd rescuing a man trapped in a burning car for violating covid social distancing requirements?
                      (END ANALOGY)
                      These people (not the handful creating the violence and mayhem) are protesting the general disparity in law enforcement treatment of black individuals that has been brought into very sharp focus by several recent events, the last two of which have pushed people beyond their capacity to tolerate it one more day. Those two events would be the Arbery case and now the explicit and public murder of Floyd while other officers stood by and watched.

Analogy failure on so many levels that it is frightening.

Comment

Only if you dismiss the urgency and reality of a man dying due to gross indifference and the general disparity and oppression it represents nationwide.

Do you actually suppose that so many protests across the nation could arise if this were not an intrinsic and well recognized problem? Do you really suppose that policemen would take a knee and march with, in solidarity with, the protestors if this were not a real problem?
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-01-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

It's all just political finger pointing.

The mayor (and apparently the Minneapolis police chief) are either lying or just parroting what the governor is trying to claim also. They're all unhinged. The arrest records state they're mainly locals. But it's not antifa either, as far as the looting. From the aerial footage I've seen, at least here in LA, it's mostly blacks, Hispanics, and some whites. But most of the whites I've seen aren't dressed up as antifa and just look like locals. I'm not taking sides or defending anyone, those are just the facts.

Comment

Not to mention that he's acting like rioting in response to a racially charged story is something new when, in fact, it has been happening for decades. There is a certain segment of our society who will take any excuse to "protest", which more often than not means rioting and looting without any thought given to whatever cause they're supposedly "protesting" against.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Do you actually suppose that so many protests across the nation could arise if this were not an intrinsic and well recognized problem? Do you really suppose that policemen would take a knee and march with, in solidarity with, the protestors if this were not a real problem?
                              Yes, when was the last time you heard about a cop wrongly killing a white man - like never. You don't think it happens especially since cops kill twice as many whites a year? But the media does not see that as a story.

Comment

Many are not and they are not practicing distancing...

Comment