Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    But they have the integrity and virtue to arrest a pastor for violating social distancing rules! Please stop with the double standard!
    Seer, I have never claimed that preventing churches from being open was a good idea. In Denmark they quickly reopened with a social distance of around 6 feet per person. Now if the pastor was organizing an event and people were mushing together, then I can understand why the police broke it up.

However, that was an intentional act. No one is organizing these protests, they happen. Unless they're scheduled in advance like a demonstration, all it is, is people rushing to the streets and being loud and angry about an injustice they experience in the world. That is a far more disorganized state.

Oh please, is this one percent of the cops? Two percent?
    It seems they're all taking part in mopping up the protests. And they're all using violent means to do so.

Comment

But yes I'll bite the bullet, these protests are more important than COVID-19 regulation.

Comment

Oh please, is this one percent of the cops? Two percent?
        Do you have any idea how many cops 1% of cops is?! Geez Louise. If I told you 1% of cops were anti-theists who would go out of their way to ruin Christians you wild demand we root out every last one of them.

Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          They are arresting many. The underlying injustice is what this is all about seer. The police killed a subdued and handcuffed black man over $20. And this kind of abuse, and injustice against black people is indemic in many police Dept's around the country, but has apparently been specifically noticable in Minniapolis. People saw this murderer telling Mr. Floyd to get up and get into the cruiser while his knee was on his neck and the other officers were on his back holding him down so that he couldn't get up if he wanted to. He lost consciousness and the officer continued to kneel on his neck for nearly another 3 minutes. That's first degree murder if you ask me, and had it not been recorded, chances are that it would have been swept under the rug.
          Jim you will always have cops doing stupid illegal things, they are human. But twice as many whites are killed a year as blacks, and I'm sure some of those are unjustifiable too, they just don't make the news.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

How many people are being injured during these riots? It's the worst possible time for the health care system to have to deal with this.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dozen of people across the country have been arrested and fined for violating social distancing orders. Our churches here in my state sill can not open. Yet we have hundreds and thousands of protesters marching arm and arm and shoulder to shoulder. Why the double standard? If we have a spike of infections can we blame these people?
              I've brought this up a couple times in threads concerning the rioting over Floyd's death. The fact is that all these concerns get tossed onto the rubbish heap when it's a bunch of leftists involved. Just like the #MeToo movement had a stake run through its heart as soon as Creepy Joe became a target.

We had 70 arrests last night but who wants to bet that nearly all of them will have their charges dropped like what always happens after this happens.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                But yes I'll bite the bullet, these protests are more important than COVID-19 regulation.
                Even if they spread the infection and cause more people to die? Why?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  For one thing it's ridicuously impractical. They don't have the space. They've already been releasing prisoners because of Covid-19 and the crowded prisons as it is. And for another that wouldn't solve the problem, which isn't just about George Floyd, it's about the injustice in the system. Address the cause and you'll fix the problem. If you don't address and fix the underlying injustices then you're going to have protests, and if there are protests you;re going to have radical infiltrators fomenting violence.
                  Many of the same jurisdictions that released prisoners (including violent sex offenders) due to concern over their safety are also incarcerating folks for violating their social distancing/stay at home orders. But they are turning a blind eye to the rioters and looters who are also violating those rules while also committing actual crimes.

That is what the problem is.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim you will always have cops doing stupid illegal things, they are human. But twice as many whites are killed a year as blacks, and I'm sure some of those are unjustifiable too, they just don't make the news.
                    As has been brought up numerous times (and ignored every time), multiple studies have revealed that a white person is considerably more likely to be killed in a confrontation with police than a black person is. The evidence for this is so strong that researchers are no longer trying to see if it is true and are now trying to determine why this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Fact is, these "mostly peaceful protests" are leading to buildings being burned, shops robbed, people being beaten and in some cases killed... and then you wonder why the police are being proactive in dispersing the mob.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45166[/ATTACH]

I brought up the case in the first image in another thread

In sharp contrast, the MSM is bending over backwards trying to minimize the violence and destruction during the riots over Floyd's death. No better example of this can be provided than senior economic correspondent for NBC, Ali Velshi, declaring on MSNBC while he is standing in front of a freaking building that was set afire, that "I want to be clear on how I characterize this. This is mostly a protest. It is not generally speaking unruly."

Looks like someone is auditioning for the role of being the new Baghdad Bob.

Comment

Even if they spread the infection and cause more people to die? Why?
                        First of all, I might be an outlier here as I don't see COVID-19 as that infectious, but even then this is a matter of a protest about police brutality. The police are one of the cornerstones of an ordered society. It's either the police and the judges, or it is vigilantes and mob justice. And the police, in general, are vastly preferable.

However, if the needed trust is eroded and if the police think they can get away with anything, with impunity, then people's trust will be removed and one day they'll begin to consider why we have police to begin with.

And if you lose the police you've lost a pillar in society.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            First of all, I might be an outlier here as I don't see COVID-19 as that infectious, but even then this is a matter of a protest about police brutality. The police are one of the cornerstones of an ordered society. It's either the police and the judges, or it is vigilantes and mob justice. And the police, in general, are vastly preferable.

However, if the needed trust is eroded and if the police think they can get away with anything, with impunity, then people's trust will be removed and one day they'll begin to consider why we have police to begin with.

And if you lose the police you've lost a pillar in society.
                            Except there is no evidence that police brutality is anything but rare...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]45167[/ATTACH]
                              So I guess there will be no problem with voting in person at the polls...

Comment

True, some bad actors will always find their ways into the system, and in the case of the police, they need to be rooted out as well, but the issue in this case is the overall disparity in the treatment by police of blacks compared to that of whites.

http://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/p...ing-of-blacks/

Comment