Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrest All Protesters....

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Irrelavent given the circumstances, though there will be a price to pay. The virus does not care about whether or not an action is morally justifiable.

But your call to arrest under the guise of covid is indefensible morally and hypocritical given your general alliance with those that seek to underplay it and encourage premature reopenning.

So, under this logic, you are ok if churches re-open. And under this logic, it's just fine if I don't wear a mask to the grocery store, even if your "buddies" would throw me out of the store for not wearing one.

Hypocrite, much?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Nonsense Jim, first I'm not sure where I underplayed it. Remember I lost a friend of 60 years to the virus. Second, I'm pointing to our hypocritical leaders - COVID is so bad I still can not go to church but hundreds of people can march arm and arm for hours! Well obviously our leaders really don't think it is that bad.

I apologize for misremembering your contribution to the voices playing the virus down.

As to what I have bolded, no, that does not follow at all. We are dealing with nationwide civil unrest like we have not seen since that late 60's. I remember that time. It was terrifying for the young fellow I was then. You trivialize both issues. Though there is a great risk here wrt covid19, the risk of escalating the violence and unrest by arresting on that basis would be far greater.

I literally beg you to hear me: the mindset that has produced this thread is destructive to our nation. It divides where division is not only unnecessary, it is destructive to our nation. Let's pull away from this sort of thinking. We need to work together and thinking like this only creates more division.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I apologize for misremembering your contribution to the voices playing the virus down.

As to what I have bolded, no, that does not follow at all. We are dealing with nationwide civil unrest like we have not seen since that late 60's. I remember that time. It was terrifying for the young fellow I was then. You trivialize both issues. Though there is a great risk here wrt covid19, the risk of escalating the violence and unrest by arresting on that basis would be far greater.

I literally beg you to hear me: the mindset that has produced this thread is destructive to our nation. It divides where division is not only unnecessary, it is destructive to our nation. Let's pull away from this sort of thinking. We need to work together and thinking like this only creates more division.
    My question is not destructive to our nation Jim, looting and burning are.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    So, under this logic, you are ok if churches re-open. And under this logic, it's just fine if I don't wear a mask to the grocery store, even if your "buddies" would throw me out of the store for not wearing one.

Hypocrite, much?
    There is nothing hypocritical about recognizing arresting large numbers of black protestors under the cover of covid would make matters worse, and would also tend to dismiss the severity of the problem.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is nothing hypocritical about recognizing arresting large numbers of black protestors under the cover of covid would make matters worse, and would also tend to dismiss the severity of the problem.
    How about this Jim, don't arrest the protesters just remove these restrictions placed on the rest of us? Remove the double standard.

7. Amen mossrose, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My question is not destructive to our nation Jim, looting and burning are.
    Your thinking is in large part why people have been pushed to such a state of despair they could be motivated enough to en masse across the nation protest this much and for this long.

I can not emphasis enough. I beg you to abandon this position, you and everyone else here prone to assume it.

This is real. The oppression is real. We all need to push for it to stop. If we do and we elect leaders willing to act, we can change this.

But it will be very exoensive.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You completely avoided my questions. Please give me a reason, at this point in time, why churches should not be allowed to reopen, and why I can't go without a mask without being hounded by mask-wearers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your thinking is in large part why people have been pushed to such a state of despair they could be motivated enough to en masse across the nation protest this much and for this long.

I can not emphasis enough. I beg you to abandon this position, you and everyone else here prone to assume it.

This is real. The oppression is real. We all need to push for it to stop. If we do and we elect leaders willing to act, we can change this.

But it will be very exoensive.
    Abandon what position? Rationality? And what will be expensive?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
    Just giving people money will not solve the problem. Their needs to be education, gangs need to be subdued and stifled, thought processes on both sides must change. It will cost a lot, but without addressing the fundamental sources of the problem it would be wasting that resource.

That said, some cash out to help black people rise above their poverty will probably be required.