Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 145

Thread: Arrest All Protesters....

  1. #121
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,078
    Amen (Given)
    17446
    Amen (Received)
    10613
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I see Canada has its own right wing propaganda organizations. Not surprising those are your go to sources moss. The story that a guy got fined $300 for simply and legally having a muffin in his legally parked car is to stupid for anyone, well, for almost anyone to take seriously. In the other 2 instances, they were fined, whether you think fairly or not, for violating statutes, not for leaving their homes, you, you, you person you.
    There was an audio recording of that particular incident, Jimmy. Did you even bother to listen to it?

    I thought not.

    I didn't post the incident about the man who was walking his dog in the empty parking lot of his apartment building and was fined $880 for not practicing social distancing. And I didn't tell you about the second event that happened to the same man when the police came to his house and told him that they cancelled that fine, but handed him one for over $2000 for taking his story to the "right wing media".

    But there's not point in bringing those incidents up because the msm won't report them, and the only place you will find them is the "right wing media"


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #122
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,062
    Amen (Given)
    1235
    Amen (Received)
    22053
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I see Canada has its own right wing propaganda organizations. Not surprising those are your go to sources moss. The story that a guy got fined $300 for simply and legally having a muffin in his legally parked car is to stupid for anyone, well, for almost anyone to take seriously. In the other 2 instances, they were fined, whether you think fairly or not, for violating statutes, not for leaving their homes, you, you, you person you.
    So nothing to say about the examples I posted about here in the U.S. (Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Idaho, Illinois and California) citing sources like CNN, New York Times, Denver Post, NBC, New York Post, LA Times and others?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose amen'd this post.
  4. #123
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,878
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2074
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Dozen of people across the country have been arrested and fined for violating social distancing orders. Our churches here in my state sill can not open. Yet we have hundreds and thousands of protesters marching arm and arm and shoulder to shoulder. Why the double standard? If we have a spike of infections can we blame these people?
    I thought it would be appropriate to point out that china, to quell that annual Tiannenmen square memorial in Hong Kong, has banned the protest on the grounds it violates covid 19 social distancing.

    With that and the continued attempts to play down or justify the scattering of protestors fo trumps photo op roundly condemned by former highly decorated military members, look where your Trump loyalty is taking you. Straight into the company of those that have cheered on abusive autocrats throughout history.

    Isnt it time to recognize you've been duped into the worst person to ever occupy the White House, a man who has more in common with despots the world over than any former president of this great nation?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  5. #124
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,845
    Amen (Given)
    2188
    Amen (Received)
    5762
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I thought it would be appropriate to point out that china, to quell that annual Tiannenmen square memorial in Hong Kong, has banned the protest on the grounds it violates covid 19 social distancing.

    With that and the continued attempts to play down or justify the scattering of protestors fo trumps photo op roundly condemned by former highly decorated military members, look where your Trump loyalty is taking you. Straight into the company of those that have cheered on abusive autocrats throughout history.

    Isnt it time to recognize you've been duped into the worst person to ever occupy the White House, a man who has more in common with despots the world over than any former president of this great nation?
    Stop being an idiot Jim. Tell me why my church still can not open while we have thousands of protesters in my state violating COVID standards and laws?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
  7. #125
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    581
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Stop being an idiot Jim. Tell me why my church still can not open while we have thousands of protesters in my state violating COVID standards and laws?
    He has a good point there. If these protests were happening in any other nation the republicans would probably be criticising the government and making those same comparisons.

  8. #126
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,769
    Amen (Given)
    5610
    Amen (Received)
    23927
    Liberals: Don't blame all protestors because a few are being violent and looting.

    Same liberals: We are going to blame all police because a few are racist and abusive.

  9. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  10. #127
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,878
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2074
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Stop being an idiot Jim. Tell me why my church still can not open while we have thousands of protesters in my state violating COVID standards and laws?
    For the simple reason that meeting together in a closed space is one of the most effective ways to spread the disease. But by all means, if your particular brand of Christian faith says that you should not care about your fellow human beings and that meeting together in person in a building is more important than human life, even when alternatives are available, go out and loot and steal and yell and scream so that the state can believe it is less risky to let you meet than to try to stop you.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  11. #128
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,845
    Amen (Given)
    2188
    Amen (Received)
    5762
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    For the simple reason that meeting together in a closed space is one of the most effective ways to spread the disease. But by all means, if your particular brand of Christian faith says that you should not care about your fellow human beings and that meeting together in person in a building is more important than human life, even when alternatives are available, go out and loot and steal and yell and scream so that the state can believe it is less risky to let you meet than to try to stop you.
    Nonsense Jim, we couldn't even meet outside! And most of the big box stores are open and we can use the six foot distancing in our church that they use. And how many protesters will spread the virus and cause more deaths. So if I follow your logic Christians should not be involved in these protests.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  12. #129
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,062
    Amen (Given)
    1235
    Amen (Received)
    22053
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Liberals: Don't blame all protestors because a few are being violent and looting.

    Same liberals: We are going to blame all police because a few are racist and abusive.
    Same goes for those who cite statistics to support the notion of "white privilege" but freak out when you use statistics to show that blacks are far more likely to commit a violent crime.

    You can't have it both ways.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  13. #130
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,877
    Amen (Given)
    1472
    Amen (Received)
    2040
    At this point I think it is OK to question the sense and responsibility of people who attend 'peaceful protests' given the likelihood of them leading to, or being used as cover for, rioting and looting and violence.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  14. Amen seer amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •