Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I see Canada has its own right wing propaganda organizations. Not surprising those are your go to sources moss. The story that a guy got fined $300 for simply and legally having a muffin in his legally parked car is to stupid for anyone, well, for almost anyone to take seriously. In the other 2 instances, they were fined, whether you think fairly or not, for violating statutes, not for leaving their homes, you, you, you person you.
    There was an audio recording of that particular incident, Jimmy. Did you even bother to listen to it?

I thought not.

I didn't post the incident about the man who was walking his dog in the empty parking lot of his apartment building and was fined $880 for not practicing social distancing. And I didn't tell you about the second event that happened to the same man when the police came to his house and told him that they cancelled that fine, but handed him one for over $2000 for taking his story to the "right wing media".

But there's not point in bringing those incidents up because the msm won't report them, and the only place you will find them is the "right wing media"

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      I see Canada has its own right wing propaganda organizations. Not surprising those are your go to sources moss. The story that a guy got fined $300 for simply and legally having a muffin in his legally parked car is to stupid for anyone, well, for almost anyone to take seriously. In the other 2 instances, they were fined, whether you think fairly or not, for violating statutes, not for leaving their homes, you, you, you person you.
      So nothing to say about the examples I posted about here in the U.S. (Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Idaho, Illinois and California) citing sources like CNN, New York Times, Denver Post, NBC, New York Post, LA Times and others?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Dozen of people across the country have been arrested and fined for violating social distancing orders. Our churches here in my state sill can not open. Yet we have hundreds and thousands of protesters marching arm and arm and shoulder to shoulder. Why the double standard? If we have a spike of infections can we blame these people?
        I thought it would be appropriate to point out that china, to quell that annual Tiannenmen square memorial in Hong Kong, has banned the protest on the grounds it violates covid 19 social distancing.

With that and the continued attempts to play down or justify the scattering of protestors fo trumps photo op roundly condemned by former highly decorated military members, look where your Trump loyalty is taking you. Straight into the company of those that have cheered on abusive autocrats throughout history.

Isnt it time to recognize you've been duped into the worst person to ever occupy the White House, a man who has more in common with despots the world over than any former president of this great nation?
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I thought it would be appropriate to point out that china, to quell that annual Tiannenmen square memorial in Hong Kong, has banned the protest on the grounds it violates covid 19 social distancing.

With that and the continued attempts to play down or justify the scattering of protestors fo trumps photo op roundly condemned by former highly decorated military members, look where your Trump loyalty is taking you. Straight into the company of those that have cheered on abusive autocrats throughout history.

Isnt it time to recognize you've been duped into the worst person to ever occupy the White House, a man who has more in common with despots the world over than any former president of this great nation?
          Stop being an idiot Jim. Tell me why my church still can not open while we have thousands of protesters in my state violating COVID standards and laws?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Stop being an idiot Jim. Tell me why my church still can not open while we have thousands of protesters in my state violating COVID standards and laws?
            He has a good point there. If these protests were happening in any other nation the republicans would probably be criticising the government and making those same comparisons.

Comment

• Liberals: Don't blame all protestors because a few are being violent and looting.

Same liberals: We are going to blame all police because a few are racist and abusive.

Comment

For the simple reason that meeting together in a closed space is one of the most effective ways to spread the disease. But by all means, if your particular brand of Christian faith says that you should not care about your fellow human beings and that meeting together in person in a building is more important than human life, even when alternatives are available, go out and loot and steal and yell and scream so that the state can believe it is less risky to let you meet than to try to stop you.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  For the simple reason that meeting together in a closed space is one of the most effective ways to spread the disease. But by all means, if your particular brand of Christian faith says that you should not care about your fellow human beings and that meeting together in person in a building is more important than human life, even when alternatives are available, go out and loot and steal and yell and scream so that the state can believe it is less risky to let you meet than to try to stop you.
                  Nonsense Jim, we couldn't even meet outside! And most of the big box stores are open and we can use the six foot distancing in our church that they use. And how many protesters will spread the virus and cause more deaths. So if I follow your logic Christians should not be involved in these protests.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Liberals: Don't blame all protestors because a few are being violent and looting.

Same liberals: We are going to blame all police because a few are racist and abusive.
                    Same goes for those who cite statistics to support the notion of "white privilege" but freak out when you use statistics to show that blacks are far more likely to commit a violent crime.

You can't have it both ways.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• At this point I think it is OK to question the sense and responsibility of people who attend 'peaceful protests' given the likelihood of them leading to, or being used as cover for, rioting and looting and violence.
                      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Powerful: Protesters Spell Out 'Love' With Burning Homes And Businesses

In a powerful display of their care for love and justice, protesters in Minneapolis burned the word "LOVE" into the city, arranging the inspiring message with homes and businesses set ablaze by their riots.

Heartfelt and moving.

"We just really wanted to show how much we care about love and social justice by burning this community into a powerful reminder of what it's all about," said local protester Jake Hernandez, who had flown in from Portland for the event. "Now, when police and fire helicopters fly over to try to restore order, they'll be inspired by our message of love and harmony."

Upon seeing the heart-wrenching message of unity, police dropped their batons, ripped off their badges, donned bandanas, picked up bricks, and joined the protesters in their rioting and looting. "I don't know how I didn't see the light before," said former police officer, now Antifa chapter leader Bridget Morrison as she lobbed a Molotov cocktail into a minority-owned business. "I'm woke to the cause of love and harmony."

What a powerful message! The protesters were also planning to burn the word "SOCIAL JUSTICE" into predominantly black parts of town but have sadly run out of buildings to burn.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And this led to

Source: Celebrities Show Solidarity With Protesters By Burning Their Own Homes To The Ground

According to sources, Hollywood celebrities have courageously united under an inspiring new movement to show respect for black lives. Entitled the #BurnYourHouseDown movement, celebrities such as Alyssa Milano, Jimmy Kimmel, and John Legend have volunteered to relinquish their power and privilege by burning their houses and everything they have to the ground.

The organizer of this movement released the following statement on Twitter: "Your homes, your riches, and your toys are built on a foundation of white supremacy. They are forever tainted by racism. Your walls and security systems have shut out the voices of the oppressed. Join us. Stand with us. #BurnYourHouseDown!"

As the provocative hashtag began trending on Twitter, rich celebrities lept into action. Alyssa Milano employed her house servants to light torches and throw them through her broken windows. Jimmy Kimmel hired Instagram models to jump on trampolines while throwing Molotov cocktails into his front door.

Black Lives Matter protestors gathered to watch the flames as they engulfed the multimillion-dollar homes. With tears in their eyes, they joined hands with celebrities and sang John Lennon's 'Imagine' as the massive monuments to white supremacy toppled to the ground.

Local news stations reported that twelve local housekeeping and landscaping businesses have been put out of work due to the #BurnYourHouseDown movement, but it's a small price to pay for the "change we need."

The twelve small business owners then moved to Texas and built mansions of their own.

Source

The above will undoubtedly lead an angry Snopes to fact check the Bee

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Liberals: Don't blame all protestors because a few are being violent and looting.

That's a simplistic, and of course biased way of portraying it. No one is blaming all police, they're blaming the system that allows the bad actors to get away with murder. The two that assaulted the 75 year old man in Buffalo fudged their report which said that the old man wasn't pushed, but that he stumbled and fell. Fudging reports like that seems to be a common practice in police cover-ups. The DA in the Arbery case tried to sweep the crime under the rug to protect the McMichaels thugs. The cop in N. Carolina, and the backup who arrived on the scene after the shooting of a man 8 times in the back as he was running away manipulated the scene and filed a false report implicating the victim. This is the kind of corrupt stuff that goes on behind the scenes to protect the criminal conduct on behalf of the police themselves.

Comment

• Why they’re protesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/p...ml?rref=vanity
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Powerful: Protesters Spell Out 'Love' With Burning Homes And Businesses

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45321[/ATTACH]

In a powerful display of their care for love and justice, protesters in Minneapolis burned the word "LOVE" into the city, arranging the inspiring message with homes and businesses set ablaze by their riots.

Heartfelt and moving.

"We just really wanted to show how much we care about love and social justice by burning this community into a powerful reminder of what it's all about," said local protester Jake Hernandez, who had flown in from Portland for the event. "Now, when police and fire helicopters fly over to try to restore order, they'll be inspired by our message of love and harmony."

Upon seeing the heart-wrenching message of unity, police dropped their batons, ripped off their badges, donned bandanas, picked up bricks, and joined the protesters in their rioting and looting. "I don't know how I didn't see the light before," said former police officer, now Antifa chapter leader Bridget Morrison as she lobbed a Molotov cocktail into a minority-owned business. "I'm woke to the cause of love and harmony."

What a powerful message! The protesters were also planning to burn the word "SOCIAL JUSTICE" into predominantly black parts of town but have sadly run out of buildings to burn.

Source

And this led to

Source: Celebrities Show Solidarity With Protesters By Burning Their Own Homes To The Ground

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45322[/ATTACH]

According to sources, Hollywood celebrities have courageously united under an inspiring new movement to show respect for black lives. Entitled the #BurnYourHouseDown movement, celebrities such as Alyssa Milano, Jimmy Kimmel, and John Legend have volunteered to relinquish their power and privilege by burning their houses and everything they have to the ground.

The organizer of this movement released the following statement on Twitter: "Your homes, your riches, and your toys are built on a foundation of white supremacy. They are forever tainted by racism. Your walls and security systems have shut out the voices of the oppressed. Join us. Stand with us. #BurnYourHouseDown!"

As the provocative hashtag began trending on Twitter, rich celebrities lept into action. Alyssa Milano employed her house servants to light torches and throw them through her broken windows. Jimmy Kimmel hired Instagram models to jump on trampolines while throwing Molotov cocktails into his front door.

Black Lives Matter protestors gathered to watch the flames as they engulfed the multimillion-dollar homes. With tears in their eyes, they joined hands with celebrities and sang John Lennon's 'Imagine' as the massive monuments to white supremacy toppled to the ground.

Local news stations reported that twelve local housekeeping and landscaping businesses have been put out of work due to the #BurnYourHouseDown movement, but it's a small price to pay for the "change we need."

The twelve small business owners then moved to Texas and built mansions of their own.

Source

The above will undoubtedly lead an angry Snopes to fact check the Bee
                              If you want a real laugh, go on twitter and search for the hashtag #BurnYourHouseDown and see how many idiots think this is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                Doesn't look like a black genocide to me...

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

http://archive.is/OXbjA#selection-2485.0-2485.662

Comment