Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Just giving people money will not solve the problem. Their needs to be education, gangs need to be subdued and stifled, thought processes on both sides must change. It will cost a lot, but without addressing the fundamental sources of the problem it would be wasting that resource.
    Something like 80% of inner city families want school vouchers. Who is standing in the way of that?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That said, some cash out to help black people rise above their poverty will probably be required.
      That idea certainly hasn't helped the First Nations peoples of my country who had everything handed to them for at least the last century, if not longer. The money is taken by the councils and chiefs and that which goes to the people themselves is, generally, not always, wasted on alcohol and drugs.

When the people seem not interested in using handouts to better themselves, it becomes a massive waste of taxpayers dollars.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I’m not seeIng much evidence yet that youse yins have any idea what you’re doing, how to move past this or anything. Come on folks, get a grip, and chill out. Stop the agressive dressing up, loud voices, and Presidential tweets. The police should hand out soft drinks and sandwiches to protesters, and chill. Observe the power of love.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]45189[/ATTACH]
          Heat kills the virus, dontcha know?

Comment

Only if you dismiss the urgency and reality of a man dying due to gross indifference and the general disparity and oppression it represents nationwide.
            If they had rioted and pulled the cops off of Floyd when it was happening, then your analogy would be apt. That didn't happen.

George Floyd's brother is on TV right now denouncing the violence and looting and asking for peaceful protests.

Comment

Although I understand reason cant cure your particular brand of foolishness MM, I can point out the peaceful protesters of the majority of the day tended to be wearing masks.
              I thought you were one of the people arguing that masks only help you if you keep social distancing? That masks don't prevent catching COVID, just reduce how far it spreads from coughing if you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Yes, when was the last time you heard about a cop wrongly killing a white man - like never. You don't think it happens especially since cops kill twice as many whites a year? But the media does not see that as a story.
                The Daniel Shaver story was hotly debated here on TWeb, as was the mentally ill man in California whose name I can't remember.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  I’m not seeIng much evidence yet that youse yins have any idea what you’re doing, how to move past this or anything. Come on folks, get a grip, and chill out. Stop the agressive dressing up, loud voices, and Presidential tweets. The police should hand out soft drinks and sandwiches to protesters, and chill. Observe the power of love.
                  Reportedly a number of police officers in various cities are kneeling/marching in front of news cameras then turning on the tear gas once the media leaves.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
                    As I've said before, I would be in favor of reparations if it was limited only to those who have actually been enslaved, paid by those who have actually owned slaves.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      That idea certainly hasn't helped the First Nations peoples of my country who had everything handed to them for at least the last century, if not longer. The money is taken by the councils and chiefs and that which goes to the people themselves is, generally, not always, wasted on alcohol and drugs.

When the people seem not interested in using handouts to better themselves, it becomes a massive waste of taxpayers dollars.
                      Right... if government handouts were the answer, then government housing, affirmative action, welfare checks, tax payer funded schools, etc. should have solved the problem decades ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Reportedly a number of police officers in various cities are kneeling/marching in front of news cameras then turning on the tear gas once the media leaves.
                        And reportedly, most of the protesters are peaceful despite the widespread looting and vandalism.

Which begs the question: Can we really trust the reports?

Comment

• One of two things should happen. Either we should see a crazy spike in infections and deaths of C-19, or Mikewhitey was right -- the whole thing was basically a hoax. I mean, if C-19 is as alarming as the left made it out to be, enough to shut down society, shouldn't the former happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            And reportedly, most of the protesters are peaceful despite the widespread looting and vandalism.

Which begs the question: Can we really trust the reports?
                            Yes - and somewhat obviously so.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              One of two things should happen. Either we should see a crazy spike in infections and deaths of C-19, or Mikewhitey was right -- the whole thing was basically a hoax. I mean, if C-19 is as alarming as the left made it out to be, enough to shut down society, shouldn't the former happen?
                              It's flattened off since the reopening seanD, and is now back (barely) on the rise. People are wearing masks. That may help, but those are big crowds. I'll be tracking when we see an uptick due to the protests, it should be relatively soon (it's been a week, avg incubation is around 5 days). It's more deadly in the black community to boot.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                I'll be tracking when we see an uptick due to the protests, it should be relatively soon (it's been a week, avg incubation is around 5 days).
                                For a few reasons, I think it's going to take another solid two weeks before we'll be able to tell if the spike is going to happen. However, I generally agree that people who are watching the virus progress think the protests are going to end up being bad for the health...

Comment