Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    It's all just political finger pointing.

The mayor (and apparently the Minneapolis police chief) are either lying or just parroting what the governor is trying to claim also. They're all unhinged. The arrest records state they're mainly locals. But it's not antifa either, as far as the looting. From the aerial footage I've seen, at least here in LA, it's mostly blacks, Hispanics, and some whites. But most of the whites I've seen aren't dressed up as antifa and just look like locals. I'm not taking sides or defending anyone, those are just the facts.
    Catalyst. People are angry. If someone starts a violent act, there are many angry enough to join them, even though they would not initiate it. And some of those locals may also be part of those same extremes organizations.

and the other side is that with 50 years in and events like the Floyd killing still far too common, people can be convinced those in power will only hear and respond and take real action if they are forced to realize the days where the sort of rhetoric that fill these threads will be tolerated as excuses are over.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Many of them are wearing masks in compliance with covid19 guidance.
      Right, I'm sure it has nothing to do with concealing their identities.

Have you always been a willing dupe for liberal causes, or is this something new?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Many are not and they are not practicing distancing...
        Irrelavent given the circumstances, though there will be a price to pay. The virus does not care about whether or not an action is morally justifiable.

But your call to arrest under the guise of covid is indefensible morally and hypocritical given your general alliance with those that seek to underplay it and encourage premature reopenning.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Right, I'm sure it has nothing to do with concealing their identities.

Have you always been a willing dupe for liberal causes, or is this something new?
          Although I understand reason cant cure your particular brand of foolishness MM, I can point out the peaceful protesters of the majority of the day tended to be wearing masks.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-01-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Irrelavent given the circumstances, though there will be a price to pay. The virus does not care about whether or not an action is morally justifiable.

But your call to arrest under the guise of covid is indefensible morally and hypocritical given your general alliance with those that seek to underplay it and encourage premature reopenning.
            Nonsense Jim, first I'm not sure where I underplayed it. Remember I lost a friend of 60 years to the virus. Second, I'm pointing to our hypocritical leaders - COVID is so bad I still can not go to church but hundreds of people can march arm and arm for hours! Well obviously our leaders really don't think it is that bad.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So, under this logic, you are ok if churches re-open. And under this logic, it's just fine if I don't wear a mask to the grocery store, even if your "buddies" would throw me out of the store for not wearing one.

Hypocrite, much?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Nonsense Jim, first I'm not sure where I underplayed it. Remember I lost a friend of 60 years to the virus. Second, I'm pointing to our hypocritical leaders - COVID is so bad I still can not go to church but hundreds of people can march arm and arm for hours! Well obviously our leaders really don't think it is that bad.

I apologize for misremembering your contribution to the voices playing the virus down.

As to what I have bolded, no, that does not follow at all. We are dealing with nationwide civil unrest like we have not seen since that late 60's. I remember that time. It was terrifying for the young fellow I was then. You trivialize both issues. Though there is a great risk here wrt covid19, the risk of escalating the violence and unrest by arresting on that basis would be far greater.

I literally beg you to hear me: the mindset that has produced this thread is destructive to our nation. It divides where division is not only unnecessary, it is destructive to our nation. Let's pull away from this sort of thinking. We need to work together and thinking like this only creates more division.

Comment

I apologize for misremembering your contribution to the voices playing the virus down.

As to what I have bolded, no, that does not follow at all. We are dealing with nationwide civil unrest like we have not seen since that late 60's. I remember that time. It was terrifying for the young fellow I was then. You trivialize both issues. Though there is a great risk here wrt covid19, the risk of escalating the violence and unrest by arresting on that basis would be far greater.

I literally beg you to hear me: the mindset that has produced this thread is destructive to our nation. It divides where division is not only unnecessary, it is destructive to our nation. Let's pull away from this sort of thinking. We need to work together and thinking like this only creates more division.
                  My question is not destructive to our nation Jim, looting and burning are.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      So, under this logic, you are ok if churches re-open. And under this logic, it's just fine if I don't wear a mask to the grocery store, even if your "buddies" would throw me out of the store for not wearing one.

Hypocrite, much?
                      There is nothing hypocritical about recognizing arresting large numbers of black protestors under the cover of covid would make matters worse, and would also tend to dismiss the severity of the problem.

Comment

There is nothing hypocritical about recognizing arresting large numbers of black protestors under the cover of covid would make matters worse, and would also tend to dismiss the severity of the problem.
                        How about this Jim, don't arrest the protesters just remove these restrictions placed on the rest of us? Remove the double standard.

Comment

My question is not destructive to our nation Jim, looting and burning are.
                          Your thinking is in large part why people have been pushed to such a state of despair they could be motivated enough to en masse across the nation protest this much and for this long.

I can not emphasis enough. I beg you to abandon this position, you and everyone else here prone to assume it.

This is real. The oppression is real. We all need to push for it to stop. If we do and we elect leaders willing to act, we can change this.

But it will be very exoensive.

Comment

You completely avoided my questions. Please give me a reason, at this point in time, why churches should not be allowed to reopen, and why I can't go without a mask without being hounded by mask-wearers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Your thinking is in large part why people have been pushed to such a state of despair they could be motivated enough to en masse across the nation protest this much and for this long.

I can not emphasis enough. I beg you to abandon this position, you and everyone else here prone to assume it.

This is real. The oppression is real. We all need to push for it to stop. If we do and we elect leaders willing to act, we can change this.

But it will be very exoensive.
                              Abandon what position? Rationality? And what will be expensive?

Comment

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
                                Just giving people money will not solve the problem. Their needs to be education, gangs need to be subdued and stifled, thought processes on both sides must change. It will cost a lot, but without addressing the fundamental sources of the problem it would be wasting that resource.

That said, some cash out to help black people rise above their poverty will probably be required.

Comment