Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest All Protesters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    So following the law is police brutality?
    You have a lot of faith in the police being able to handle this. They've so far not handled peaceful protests very well. I have little to no faith in the police officers being able to carry out a mass arrest, and unlike you I don't think it would magically deescalate the situation. I think it would kick it up a notch.

If you allow the police to undermine your freedom to protest, then the politicians and police really ought to start fearing for their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Let's be honest, these "protests" have little if anything to do with "police brutality". History shows that people actually need very little provocation to destroy and steal. Heck, police departments have to go on high alert whenever a hometown sports team is in a championship game because it's not unusual for the fans to "celebrate" a win by rioting and looting.
      And those people, the criminals, not the legitimate protesters, need to be the focus of law enforcement. That's why the extremists with alternative agendas as well as the drunken morons in society take advantage of protests and celebrations with large crowds.

Comment

And there's plenty of videos of people destroying property and robbing local businesses.
        Yes, and the police are using that as an excuse to target everyone. You have multiple reporters who said an entire protest of a couple of hundred people, who were peacefully there, were violently dismantled by the police.

I've yet to be in a protest without some violence happening. I don't support any of that, but it doesn't legitimize the protest. The police officers should do what they can to handle those aspects. But leave the peaceful protesters alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          You have multiple reporters who said an entire protest of a couple of hundred people, who were peacefully there, were violently dismantled by the police.
          Yeah, we really don't have any reason to trust reporters...

nothing to see here.jpg
          https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...23410008514562

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Don't laugh present facts.
            Like you did?

Comment

Yeah, we really don't have any reason to trust reporters...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45165[/ATTACH]
              https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...23410008514562

Yes Mountain Man, I'm sure all the protesters in that city, all individually participated in lighting that building on fire.

Comment

You have a lot of faith in the police being able to handle this. They've so far not handled peaceful protests very well. I have little to no faith in the police officers being able to carry out a mass arrest, and unlike you I don't think it would magically deescalate the situation. I think it would kick it up a notch.

If you allow the police to undermine your freedom to protest, then the politicians and police really ought to start fearing for their lives.
                Right, so the double standard, I could be arrested for not following social distancing rules, but they are not. What do double standards do for the idea of justice? And I have been watching these protests for a while now - for the most part the police are doing fine.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I could be arrested for not following social distancing rules, but they are not. What do double standards do for the idea of justice?
                  The police don't have the manpower, training and frankly integrity or virtue to carry out an arrest on that order.

And I have been watching these protests for a while now - for the most part the police are doing fine.
                  Begin watching news that are taking a more critical eye at the law enforcement.

Comment

Yes Mountain Man, I'm sure all the protesters in that city, all individually participated in lighting that building on fire.
                    Fact is, these "mostly peaceful protests" are leading to buildings being burned, shops robbed, people being beaten and in some cases killed... and then you wonder why the police are being proactive in dispersing the mob.

this is fine.jpg

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Like you did?
                      I was asking a question; what underlying injustices are you speaking of? The other point was speculation...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Fact is, these "mostly peaceful protests" are leading to buildings being burned, shops robbed, people being beaten and in some cases killed... and then you wonder why the police are being proactive in dispersing the mob.
                        I support the protesters here. I'd go so far as to say that if the police officers threaten people's right to protest, then police officers and politicians ought to begin fearing for their own personal life.

Comment

I was asking a question; what underlying injustices are you speaking of? The other point was speculation...
                          You told me to stop laughing and present facts, but you haven't presented a single fact in this thread. Why should I follow a demand, you don't want to follow yourself.

Comment

The police don't have the manpower, training and frankly integrity or virtue to carry out an arrest on that order.
                            But they have the integrity and virtue to arrest a pastor for violating social distancing rules! Please stop with the double standard!

Begin watching news that are taking a more critical eye at the law enforcement.
                            Oh please, is this one percent of the cops? Two percent?

Comment

You told me to stop laughing and present facts, but you haven't presented a single fact in this thread. Why should I follow a demand, you don't want to follow yourself.
                              I have presented the fact of the legal double standard being practiced.

Comment

Well no Jim, you probably wouldn't have to arrest too many before the rest got the message. And what underlying injustices are you speaking of?
                                They are arresting many. The underlying injustice is what this is all about seer. The police killed a subdued and handcuffed black man over $20. And this kind of abuse, and injustice against black people is indemic in many police Dept's around the country, but has apparently been specifically noticable in Minniapolis. People saw this murderer telling Mr. Floyd to get up and get into the cruiser while his knee was on his neck and the other officers were on his back holding him down so that he couldn't get up if he wanted to. He lost consciousness and the officer continued to kneel on his neck for nearly another 3 minutes. That's first degree murder if you ask me, and had it not been recorded, chances are that it would have been swept under the rug.

Comment