Thread: Trump exposed

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You think that verse applies here?

Calling it the China flu will not lead anyone into sin, and I don't believe I'm obligated to walk on eggshells around people who are intent on finding offense.
    Here is a thing which actually happened.

"The FBI assesses hate crime incidents against Asian Americans likely will surge across the United States, due to the spread of coronavirus disease … endangering Asian American communities," according to the report, which was done by the FBI’s Houston office and distributed to local law enforcement agencies across the country.

"The FBI makes this assessment based on the assumption that a portion of the US public will associate COVID-19 with China and Asian American populations."

Here is the aftermath of that attack upon a *child*. Very likely that child is now traumatized for life due to this incident and will relive it *every time he sees the scars on his face.*

Midland-TX-coronvirus-hate-crime-stabbing-victims.jpg

That an Asian person of whatever descent might take your words to be racist in the aftermath of incidents such as that is well into the realm of possibility. That some MAGA genius might take such talk as encouragement and cover is well into the realm of possibility. It costs you literally *nothing* to refer to Coronavirus using a name which doesn't bring the focus onto a group of people who are totally innocent of the disease's origins.

2. Amen Whateverman, oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    It costs you literally *nothing* to refer to Coronavirus using a name which doesn't bring the focus onto a group of people who are totally innocent of the disease's origins.
    Quite right.

I don't know most of you here well enough to accuse anyone of this (so I'm not), but attaching a country/race to the virus seems to be either about trolling, or racism/nationalism.

4. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We hear Americans say “we’re better than this”.
    The evidence is not in your favour:
    The nation’s downward spiral into acrimony and sporadic anarchy has had many causes much larger than the small man who is the great exacerbator of them. Most of the causes predate his presidency, and most will survive its January terminus. The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal. One such measure must be the removal of those in Congress who, unlike the sycophantic mediocrities who cosset him in the White House, will not disappear “magically,” as Eric Trump said the coronavirus would. Voters must dispatch his congressional enablers, especially the senators who still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Americans are no better than other people. America is great, but Americans are letting democracy slip away from them by falling for fraudulent demogogues like Trump who exploit their political ignorance, their complacency, and their tribalist mindset. The demagogic plutocrats also lie and cheat to achieve their ends which is tyranny.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Quite right.

I don't know most of you here well enough to accuse anyone of this (so I'm not), but attaching a country/race to the virus seems to be either about trolling, or racism/nationalism.
    Spanish flu...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Americans are no better than other people. America is great, but Americans are letting democracy slip away from them by falling for fraudulent demogogues like Trump who exploit their political ignorance, their complacency, and their tribalist mindset. The demagogic plutocrats also lie and cheat to achieve their ends which is tyranny.
    You probably blame Trump for Land O Lakes taking the Indian woman off the package, you boob.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Spanish flu...
    Who says that is right. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    We punked you guys TWICE.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Who says it is wrong?

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Spanish flu...
    Who says it is wrong?
    Me.

Viruses aren't nationalistic; the people who use them for propaganda are.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 06-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.